Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 4
Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Good topic!

I DO pay attention. Because to me it means they're tossing out roses asking women to "be their's" without any discretion. They're easily choosing women without real time or consideration being put into the decision.

Willy nilly "I love you's, please be mine"

are NOT my style and if some guy is ripping his way through tossing around the roses I would really question his ability to be genuine and sincere.

I'd also feel one of a crowd of others he had worked his way through.
 c_deacon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?
Posted: 5/3/2009 12:44:11 PM
I wish they would just eliminate the roses entirely, or make them private, like all the other gifts one can send another with an email.

Seeing roses gone, can make you think twice about the reasons for it, and I try not to let that influence me, but it can have a subtle effect on many of us......

Maybe some of this is because I have been on here for years and can not remember the last time, if ever, that I have ever used a rose to say what I could not personally.

Just my opinion..........
 ForumFilly
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/3/2009 12:44:34 PM
I've got to agree with wodever. I have unintentionally sent roses also. I may be wanting to click on a photo to send and for some stupid reason, I've clicked on the rose button instead. I was responding to a nice initial email I had received from a man, in whom I had no interest, and accidently sent him a red rose. OMG! You would have thought he'd won the PowerBall Lotto! He immediately wrote back and wanted to make plans to go out that night. I had written a basic "Thank you for taking the time to write. I wish you luck in finding your match.", but all he saw was the rose. I had write back and confess that it was sent by mistake and that I didn't think we were a match. I really felt badly about getting his hopes up, but he took it very well. He still writes to me occasionally.

If you are interested in the person, email her. The number of roses she has left, if any, or the number of favorites lists that she is on, is irrelevant, if you are the one for her. Take a chance. What do you have to lose?
 barbee1970
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/3/2009 12:51:39 PM
I'm that way. If you can't send him a rose, he's most likely taken. I know what the whole rose thing means, virtual and real. Someone won't give you a rose really unless they feel love for you.
 oldskool67
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:17:58 PM
it doesn't really bother me, i've gotten too many of them already......want some? :)

Good Luck.
 Landra
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:21:17 PM
what are "roses" and why should I care?
I had no idea sending out an electronic rose is kind of a BIG DEAL.

That's all I have to say but of course Messages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be posted
 jaqi
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:28:37 PM
I never send any... if I have I apologise because I didn't mean to. I quite often click the damn thing by accident because it is too close to the send button

I can't see what the problem is either way... I never look to see if the guys who have left me a message have sent all theirs... wouldn't worry me if they had.
 dave1234
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:39:38 PM

(Msg 6) I was responding to a nice initial email I had received from a man, in whom I had no interest, and accidently sent him a red rose. OMG! You would have thought he'd won the PowerBall Lotto! ............ I had write back and confess that it was sent by mistake..

OMG! Talk about having ones heart ripped out. Crushed! Run over! Especially considering the number of posts from guys who say women never respond.

There should be a safety in place so one has to click twice and wait a few seconds between each click. I can't imagine what I'd do if I received a rose by mistake. (Is there a "smilie" depicting jumping off a bridge?)

daynadaze
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 2:24:26 PM
I would know if they sent all their roses??? I really must pay more attention!

I would care less, maybe he liked/hoped for another woman/women before me, who cares, it's about how do we fit together. Maybe he gave his roses to someone nice that he likes to talk to liked their posts, etc., I've gotten a rose before from a man not interested in dating but he really liked my posts, it was sweet and if it made some women he was interested in fly off the handle...good to know early on.

I just can't imagine bothering about something so trivial. But I would really wonder about the nick-picking a person this easily upset might be to live with. Can you imagine if I'd sent any other man a real rose! And I have, guess that makes me totally un-dateable!

Wait, did I read that correctly? Some guy got sex because he sent a POF member a fake online rose? Man, that must have been the easiest sex he ever got! That's hilarious, doubtful but funny as hell. Guys, start sending out those roses, they are way more effective that you've been led to believe! A virtual rose and one's legs spread like butter, who would have thunked! LMAO!
 c_deacon
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 2:25:28 PM
Hope that you are also sending out a nice bottle of red wine with that steak......

OT.......Trust me on this one.......if someone is interested in you, the words will speak volumes over an electronic rose, and if sending something extra, it should be some pictures that are not on your profile to say to that person, that I care to share more with you privately.....

Just my opinion........
 StarliteKisses
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:39:50 PM
It does make a difference. If I see that his roses are missing and he contacted me, I ask him about it. If I see him, and want to contact him, I think twice about it if any roses are missing. I feel the roses are more personal and serious. Send a "gift" instead. That way no one else knows.
 chrisann23
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/3/2009 4:28:31 PM
yes if I see one or both of the Roses are gone I wouldn't contact. I figure they are involved in something already, why make it more complicated.
 Eibu
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/3/2009 4:30:46 PM
not something i probably would of thought about until this just moment as i just learned a few days ago about these gift things...gives me something more to think about upon sending a message..thanks
 Stormwolf
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 4:44:13 PM

no they dont make any difference to me because i know ive accidentally sent one off before

I totally agree. One time this system "Auto" sent one to a person
I was emailing "thanks but I didn't believe we were a good match."
I wrote Admin about it, however they didn't "Comp" me for it!
I would only send Real Roses, hand delivered by me.
However, I enjoy sending a cyber Steak to a Vegan all the time!
 OutMind
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:56:19 AM
I gave all my turds away.

(I can't believe people actually use those things)
 Chocdawg
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/5/2009 12:25:53 PM
We're talking about Fake roses.... You should applaud the people that take initiative and have the stones to send to anyone. 97% of people don't even respond to a regular message.

If you worried about something as petty as whom that that person is eyeing then you should either 1) don't be on a dating site cause everyone is eyeing and messaging everyone. 2) take a look in the mirror and take control. If you see someone you want go get them... i don't care if they messaged your best friend. until you cross the relm of cyber space to reality then everyone is fair game.
 gracengracie
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/5/2009 12:26:35 PM
Yup...its a big deal in POF!!!! LOL
 kpooks
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:34:03 PM
Didn't even notice the roses. Where are they? Honestly, it makes no difference. Kinda silly to hang a label on someone like that. This is not a popularity contest. What's more important, that everyone else likes them or that YOU like them?
 Janet4ever
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/6/2009 6:15:58 AM
Roses? I have never looked at a profile to see if all the petals are intact... perhaps from now on, I'll pay attention. This could be a huge indication of ... err... something.

Less than two roses? Forget it, pal!
 cookie22222
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 6:53:46 AM
There was another post about this a week or so ago...the posters complaining they never got roses, etc. - so I sent them mine.

It really is STUPID...I attach those goofy gifts all the time too. What else am I going to do with my "points"?

Honestly though, I do know people who pay attention to this and think a guy's a "player" if he's missing one (or God forbid BOTH) of those roses and then contacting them.

Silly, and childish.
 Alizee
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/6/2009 7:09:16 AM
thank God I still have mine... ....lol...well I use my points to send those little -gifts- ...and as long as they serve the purpose to make a person smile..the more the better

for me it would be way to much assuming to check a persons -rose status-...that would mean I base my opinion on a electronic thing...I rather meet...communicate...get to know the person...and then make my decision...

its good to be careful...but to take something like that to serious...
 chameleonf
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/6/2009 7:22:45 AM
This is just too funny. No wonder people have such a difficult time either getting into or maintaining any kind of real relationship if something like a missing virtual rose or two has them conjuring up all kinds of meanings about the person with the missing ones to the point of turning their nose up at them. Gawd...get a life already
 A Moment in Time
Msg: 51
Posted: 5/6/2009 8:17:58 AM
I don't notice whether someone has sent roses or not, they could have been sent to a friend that wasn't feeling well or upset about something and i think because it is sent electronically it's not the same as when it is done in person .

I have female friends on my fav. list as i attend the get togethers and I could end up sending a gift to one of them to cheer them up.
 blonde chickie
Msg: 52
Posted: 5/6/2009 8:34:49 AM
Yep it does bother me. Cuz one time, I was suppose to be seeing this guy I met on here, and I just happen to notice all his roses was gone. And I know none of those roses was send to me.
 mEztiSo4u
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/6/2009 8:55:53 AM
LOL!
0 roses just shows that particular person has already found their interests.. so pretty much it shows that you're kinda competing with 2 or more people. =]
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?