Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > do any women really want to meet someone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raxarsr
Msg: 1
view profile
History
do any women really want to meet someone?Page 1 of 1    
first of all...to the forum "police"...........i did a thread search......quite a long one.........and guess what?.......this hasnt been asked yet!..unbelievable...........a totally new question![i oughta get at least 5 brownie points for that!

i've been looking for about a year and a half.........a few nibbles.........one liar...........but other than that..........nada....mostly "read/deleted".........quite a few without even a look at my profile

my profile...well.its not perfect.....but i'm happy with it.....tried a few profile reviews......fixed it...but mostly knit picking about grammer and stuff..............[one woman said she liked it because...."i wrote like i talk"........which i like........so thats why i decided to keep it...its me......honest and simple

ladies........let me ask this...........if a guy writes you..............and its not a troll........or doesnt get dirty.....whats the harm in replying?.........i mean.......we've read your profile and saw something we liked.........[something more than the cleavage shots].......if your seriously inteested in meeting someone.......arent you at least curious enough to see why he chose you?.........or is the "forum myth" true that all you want is the attention?...........i've read all these posts by women that."i get sooooo many i cant answer all of them".......or............."i'm soooo tired of guys all wanting sex".......i mean.come on............some i believe......[raider strike me as truthfull......as does chill pill]....................but for the most part...........????????

its hard to believe that someone.........[women in general......and yes its a stereotype].......who can try on 454122687632 pairs of shoes before making a choice cant even respond to an e mail and say thx or no thx.............yes..i know theres jerks out there.........but most guys arent like that.........

seriously.......theres a lot of us that dont want to jump into bed 43 seconds after the door closes............arent interested in seeing you naked on a web cam.........[well.ok..............mebbe we do like that a lil bit.....but we wont insist...or even ask]
some of us would just like to talk to a woman...maybe go see a movie...............share a meal........not care if something develops.....and getting giddy as a kid christmas morning if it does

yes..i know i'm rambling a bit............it just gets frustrateing as hell sometimes..............all we want is a chance..........just a fair chance

thx for listening
 justcuzwhatever
Msg: 2
do any women really want to meet someone?
Posted: 5/4/2009 1:46:11 PM

first of all...to the forum "police"...........i did a thread search......quite a long one.........and guess what?.......this hasnt been asked yet!..unbelievable...........a totally new question![i oughta get at least 5 brownie points for that!

Not forum police by any means, but ... really? I just searched "women want to meet" and saw a full page of this subject.

As for the rest... the "why no reply" question has been asked 454122687632 times ... yes, yes, I'm sure YOU are a nice guy, but... anyone here who's received hateful replys to tasteful rejections ("thanks for your interest, but I don't think we're suited") will probably start implementing the "read/deleted" or "unread/deleted" method of saying "no thanks."

Oh... and don't assume they didn't look at the profile, a lot of people click the "hider" button so people don't know they've looked, because so many people assume that viewing a profile shows interest rather than curiosity.

Bottom line is that this isn't real life, you can't take it personally or you start getting that frustrated as hell feeling you mentioned...
 SueCat51
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 3:04:56 PM
Op - I've checked out your profile. Just the words "separated" are enough to send me running for the hills. Quite frankly for me, 3 is a crowd. You need to get through your divorce, discover who you are, and be positive.

The downside about online dating is we all have the "read" & "deleted" syndrome. When you put your profile on these dating sites, your profile AND picture has less than 30 seconds to appeal to the reader. If there's no appeal, in all chances, there will be no replies. Don't take it personal.
 Cogie36
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 3:10:11 PM
Me personally......I send some sort of reply to an email ....even if i'm not interested.......just common courtesy IMO.......
 OneMoreNutt
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/4/2009 3:24:27 PM
Rax. I don't know how to tell you this, but ummm, we respond to EVERY e-mail sent to us except the ones from you. Every few years, we take a vote as to which person we are not going to respond to. Don't take it personally. It could have been anyone. Better luck next year.

~Leah
 hotguy4youindc
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/4/2009 3:40:00 PM
Dude, do you realize that there are WAY too many .............. in your posting? Damn!!!

I laughed my ass off reading it ................ well, the first few fragmented sentences
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > do any women really want to meet someone?