Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Birth Control for Men????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~rain~
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Birth Control for Men????Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I saw this artical about Doctors in China experimenting with a birth control shot for men.

I think this would be a fantastic idea but there is alot of controversy about it with Chinese and American Doctors.

If such a shot became available ..How many of you guys would jump at the chance to protect yourself against unwanted pregnancy?
 chidan78
Msg: 2
Birth Control for Men????
Posted: 5/6/2009 12:14:31 PM
I'd consider it.
 Paul_L
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/6/2009 12:15:53 PM
Maybe after I have totally 100% given up hope of ever becoming a father would I consider it. But I am still holding onto that hope of maybe someday before I become too old.
 Heptone
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/6/2009 12:33:29 PM
In Japan they invented a heated jock strap that would, comfortably lord knows, kill sperm. It didn't take.

Just the thought of all those Johnnies broiled alive in my scrotum ... sheesh.

Ok, where was I? Uhm, yeah, good plan. If men can do their part to get more women off the pill, it sounds like a deal to me.
 rickxyz
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/6/2009 12:42:02 PM
I'd be happier if it was something I could put in a bong.
 TOwoman1
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/6/2009 12:51:33 PM
I also saw an article about the research in China, but would like to read the original journal article, because there was not one word about side effects. I have been reading about "breakthroughs" in the creation of male hormonal contraception for the past 25 years and have yet to see one come to fruition.
 kickingfate
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 1:18:11 PM
I saw this artical about Doctors in China experimenting with a birth control shot for men.

I think this would be a fantastic idea but there is alot of controversy about it with Chinese and American Doctors.

If such a shot became available ..How many of you guys would jump at the chance to protect yourself against unwanted pregnancy?

I would have no problem with taking something like that...BUT

Not to sound racist but considering the quality of the stuff coming out of china and chemicals in baby formula, lead in paint for kinds toys...and the list goes on for miles..I wouldn't trust anything produced in China..especially drugs. If they let it be made in North America where Canada and the U.S have more strict controls then bring it on.

But it could give an unwanted sense of protection..forgetting that that needle won't protect you or her from other nasty surprises.

either way , it Beats Lorana Bobbet"s chop chop method of birth control..
 urinemyway
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/6/2009 1:19:53 PM
I don't see a shot being as effective in preventing pregnancy as a fat, ugly woman with a nasty attitude.

Sorry - once in a while, I have to weigh in for the dudes out there.

There was an old comic strip that addressed why a birth control pill/shot for men would be unnecessary: Women wouldn't believe us anyway!

"It's okay, baby, I got the shot!"
"Yeah, right..."
And then she'd cover herself in Visqueen.
 newblue1970
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/6/2009 1:30:08 PM
I absolutely would... but after snip-snip I dont have to!

It sounds great, but I only see it applicable in VERY committed relationships. A woman would have to have a LOT of trust in her partner if this was their only means of BC. I would have taken it easily when I was married before we wanted kids.
 js104c1
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/6/2009 1:34:52 PM
Why get a shot when I could just as easily change my name and move to another state?
 newblue1970
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/6/2009 1:37:23 PM

Why get a shot when I could just as easily change my name and move to another state?

JS - I dont usually LOL... but that was funny!
 ~rain~
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 1:38:17 PM
well people who are single and sexually active should also be using condoms!!

I just think that if a guy could protect themselves against women who try to trap them into relationships by getting pregnant, why wouldnt he do it!
 blowmydoorsoff
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:03:19 PM
They already have birth control for men cuteness, its called marriage.

btw ~rain~ aside from having an ecrush on U. I also luv that pic, with the orange slice in your teeth. Hope thangs are great up in Canada hon.
 deerdog1
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:05:38 PM

I just think that if a guy could protect themselves against women who try to trap them into relationships by getting pregnant, why wouldnt he do it!

had a friend who surprised the court and the woman at his paternity case when his lawyer called as a witness the doctor who had three years earlier performed his vasectomy ...he won the case then and there ..... a few weeks later she was in court with the next daddy on her list
 wtf!!!!!!!!!
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:09:30 PM
It seems to only effective on the chinese. The tests done on causacian men are not as high.
 TooShadows
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:18:46 PM
If I was in a committed relationship and didn't want a pregnancy to result it would be an option. However if I was single and just engaging in casual sexual relationships I'd be wearing a condom,so it wouldn't really be worth the cost.
 whytwater
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:27:07 PM

Huh-uh. Doesn't work. She can still find you. But, join the Marines. That still works!! The Corps protects its own.

Besides, they still don't have definite studies on the long-term effects of vasectomies. I read somewhere that a neutered man becomes
a fat, ugly woman with a nasty attitude.

whytwater
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:35:50 PM

but you have a better chance of seeing Jesus Christ

Careful, it could happen. Somebody just spotted the Virgin Mary in their cereal. Again!!!!
 kpooks
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:46:45 PM
Should be called "conception control" since men can't give birth, but yeah...

Maybe after it's been tested and around a few years, I'll trust it. Meanwhile...condoms. Can't go wrong with a good ol' vasectomy!
 burgundy bomber
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/6/2009 3:00:25 PM
I'd be game to freeze dry some baby franks first.

Then my belt would be off and wrapped around my arm to get to shoot that stuff as fast as possible.

It's the man's responsibility to carry protection..... and the womans to take the pill or whatever. that's such bull, women shouldn't be the only ones with the power to control when to have children. by missing a pill, or 17.

Frank
 Bluez
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/6/2009 4:38:02 PM
OP... only if it had a really cool side effect like... making it taste like chocolate (for the women) or if it could be used in place of duct tape... otherwise I doubt I'd wonder much about it.

Bluez
 Excellent_Guy
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/6/2009 9:31:45 PM
"In Japan they invented a heated jock strap that would, comfortably lord knows, kill sperm. It didn't take."

In Japan they do not need this because all Japanese take a super hot bath before going to bed. Houses are not centrally heated and you definitely need it in the winter. However, the heat does affect fertility; and Japan has a declining population - check it.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/6/2009 11:14:20 PM
Where do I sign up!!!!

I don't trust the ladies fully with this... and 2 people on birth control are better than one.

I don't want babies.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 11:33:39 PM
Sounds like a good option among other options to consider. It's always better to have more choices.
 ~rain~
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 6:01:31 AM

OP... only if it had a really cool side effect like... making it taste like chocolate (for the women)

wouldnt that be fantastic!!!!!
Men could get a shot to prevent a woman from getting pregnant plus you can pick your own flavor!!! (chocolate, vanilla, tutti fruitti) YUMMERS!!

Its something those doc's should consider experimenting with next!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Birth Control for Men????