Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > add to Friends list ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 2
view profile
History
add to Friends list ? Page 1 of 1    
There are many threads on this topic. Some people take this place way too seriously. People that spend a lot of time on the forums usually have more than most people who don't. I don't pay any attention to mine but some people use it similarly to a wink.

I'm not going to waste a lot of time deleting people who aren't hurting me by being there. If that makes me a collector in someon's eyes, his problem not mine.
 QuestForNormal
Msg: 4
add to Friends list ?
Posted: 5/6/2009 6:29:28 PM
Personally I think it's creepy. If someone adds me and I don't hear from them within a few days, I get rid of them.
 Randominternetguy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
add to Friends list ?
Posted: 5/6/2009 6:46:18 PM
I agree that I think people read way too much into being "friends".

I stopped doing that and started saving profiles in my browser, and avoid all the potential hype around it. Unless someone says don't favorite them or they will write me a creative testimonial ... That's irresistable for me, I'm clicking on that one!

Bob
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 6
add to Friends list ?
Posted: 5/6/2009 7:12:46 PM
This site doesn't have a friends list it has a favorites list which has no correlation at all to friendship and is more similar to secret admirers. People who for their own reason have chosen to admire you - be that visual or mental stimulation you provide. You have the ability to remove yourself from their list should you find their interest in you creepy or unwanted.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > add to Friends list ?