Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > what men should do and shouldn't do while dating,a woman.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 1
view profile
History
what men should do and shouldn't do while dating,a woman.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
1.get too know one woman at a time,don't be greedy,actually take time too get too know one women.
2 take her out actually go on a date.spend some money and go out,
3stay off line never mind the other women typing you,give it a rest,women don't like men running around,with every women in town.
4 be serous and don't lie,if you don't get off the Internet and get too know her then you're actually not looking for a women for life you're looking for booty call.
5actually only date her,how will you know shes specially if you re confusing you re self,by other dates.
6actually write her,tell her what you re feeling.if you cant say it write her a letter us women love that kinda stuff.
7have fun tell jokes,enjoy that you now have some one in you re life and treat it special.
8hay see her when you can,don't do the she will call me bull.because other men are waiting for you too screw up,and thy will be on her like a Sea galls after a dead fish.
9call and talk for hours when you cant see her women love talking .
10 is a big one,forget the Buddy's for a while focus on her,never mind them that's why thy are still signal,because thy are not willing too learn how too treat a women...and don't be a loser.read read read on how too improve you're sex life dating life,read on how too be a better man....don't be a drunk or druggie.and good luck.
happy fishing.............
 Randominternetguy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
what men should do and shouldn't do while dating,a woman.
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:28:12 AM
I think this should be on your profile under the heading of "How to date me.", as this sounds more like your personal desires and frustrations.

While it's fun to talk about men/women in general, once you are talking about a particular person it's time to jettison those ideas and work on issues specific to that relationship.

In my experience, when someone has an issue with a particular behavior, what they really have an issue with is what that behavior represents. e.g. Spending time with buddies often translates to you're not spending enough time with me, or I feel your buddies are more important to you than me, etc. My belief is working on those issues is more constructive than trying to control behaviors.

Bob

P.S. Not that anyone asked ... :) ... my advice would be:

Treat everyone as an individual. No matter how much this person may seem like others you have met, they are not.

Take time to find out what's important to them. People in general don't like to feel that you see them just like all other men/women.

Foster an environment of acceptance, respect and safety. This leads to trust and intimacy.
 kickingfate
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:22:22 AM
when i got to the Op's "requirement" that money must be spent on her for a date...

Well..lets say the next 8 points never got read.

I have had manya date where niether of us spent a dime and had a thoroughly amazing time.
Not saying I'm cheap, very far from it. But the kind of nonsense announcing that isn't acceptable IMO.

as a last point ,and I have to agree with another poster, spell check is a wonderful tool.
 newblue1970
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:59:44 AM

spell check is a wonderful tool.

Unfortunately I dont think spell check will help much - there are WAY too many mistakes!

Apparently you've been 'wronged' by at least one guy and now you want to tell us how to be a better date or boyfriend. Other replies have made some good points for you to think about. But here's something else to consider. Maybe its the TYPE of guy you are attracting in the first place. Usually I'm not a stickler for language skills - I can easily overlook a mistake or typo here and there because everyone does it, including me. But just in your first 'rule' you have 6 mistakes!

I apologize for being blunt, but while you may have a PhD and be a nuclear physicist, your post here and your profile screams 'unintelligent' and I'm sure many men are put off by it. First impressions still count.
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/8/2009 6:46:38 AM
Seeing the commandments as listed by the OP, it seems to me that basically if a guy expresses interest... all other interests in his life have to suffer in order to facilitate the ramblings of one bitter, jaded woman.

There is no way to put my two cents in.... because I have a couple thousand dollars' worth!!
 OneMoreNutt
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/8/2009 7:07:16 AM
^^^^ See people, get out there and VOTE. Look at what happens when you don't!

I agree with everyone other than the OP.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/8/2009 7:14:01 AM
OP is a great catch and I know what she's saying exactly.

I mean, I've always wanted to be with someone who didn't know the difference between "to" "too" and "two"

`swoon`
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 7:30:42 AM
I think the list is rather naive and sophomoric, and in some cases totally unrealistic.

If the OP had just said to be honest, act with integrity, show kindness and compassion, and express genuine interest (if it exists), then I would agree! Attempting to reduce those concepts to a list of narrow-minded stultifying rules simply doesn't work. Besides, I think most people can figure out when somene is truly "into" them or not - and the ones who delude themselves won't see it anyway.
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:29:41 AM
thats maby why youre still singal.not nice.
 kickingfate
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:44:31 AM
thats maby why youre still singal.not nice.

No offense, but your spelling is utterly atrocious...here let me fix it for you.

>>> That is maybe why you are still single. Not nice. <<<

I hate to act like a grammar and spelling cop..but at least if your going to complain,make the attempt to do it in some reasonable facsimile of good english.
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:53:12 AM
well for one ask me if i have problems with hearing,ma by that's why spelling is off or ma by i speak other languages,and have trouble typing them in English,and this is for men not you too criticize,it was men to help men find some one worth wile with real values not tramp values.and their are all types of women Obviously you're not the kind men invest time in if you never speak the truth.women are demanding fellow.why because we want a real man,whom actually invests time with us.and if you're still out playing with the boys well you're not wanting a relation ship.some women will say Any thing too a man too keep him but will it last if she never speaks the truth.and fellows would you want you're woman cruising the bar and going out with the girls each night,when you're trying too date her.hellll no.you would say why is she dating me if she wont's other men.that's why most women and men do the bar seen is too find some one.well ya maby i have my wires crossed but its true women don't wanna slut loser bar fly.we want a man whom is ready too settle down,a man that's matcher Enif too,date us not his Friends,ya Friends are fine after you have gotten too know her just take time too know her is all i ask.and put some of the childish way a way for a while.and women whom say different are looking for attention,and later thy tell you the truth.so why not just be honest in the beginning.I'm just saying.take time,its not hard,but if you do Yul find misses right..
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 10:02:18 AM
and ma by when you get on the date she will pay for dinner but be willing too at least pay for her coffee.and hay gold,if you want a woman she needs too be treated like a lady,and sorry it coast money.or hay make a picnic lunch and invite her too the beach,men like you want every thing for free,lol.women ant cheep.Ive actually taken my dates too dinner,some one has too brake the ice and dinner is a nice jester cheapo
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 10:25:18 AM
why leave a post back.i do console lots of we men on what thy do and don't want.its just a general.Gide line.for men and we men too look at and think.why em i still signal well.tell us why.teach us if you know so much,we would love too learn.
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 10:46:31 AM
hallow hearing disability.look it up.a least i try.this is why disabled people don't,come out and get too know people,how dare you Jude others.its not my fault i was born with hearing problems,now is it ma by if you wear nice you would respell it and help not Hurt.shame on you.i think you hurt crippled people too.run them over with you're car ma by.,shame on you
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 11:00:01 AM
.look I'm not on here for my spelling I'm hearing in pared.and i do speak other language which doesn't help me too write in English.English is hardest language too spell because it made from so Manny different languages.Greek Spanish Latin.when you see a word in dictionary it shows the language it originated from.but hay i do speak clearly.even thought my hearings off.its just writing part sucks for me.ow I'm installing dragon speak this week.
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 11:14:21 AM
not when you don't know how too spell words.in the first place.you actually recognize the word.and that's a hard one if you don't know it,dragon speak will help me.go too the def society and learn something too day.look where it says def cant spell if thy never leaned ass a child too do so.i had high hearing,it was like trying too here while TV was on static Chanel.and it was pin full day and night till i hit age 30 and and lost some hearing.it was horrible.ma by when you hit old age Yul get too see my world.till then read read read.
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 11:19:57 AM
thy say ill never spell.and believe me every day of my life i just wanted too be like others normal.but if i have too hurt people too be in the crowd no thanks,i rather be def.this is how words actually sound too me.and it makes me sad,but what makes me more sad is humanness being Hurtfull to others
 OutMind
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/8/2009 11:45:48 AM
1.get too know one woman at a time... Wrong. Until you have the exclusive talk, both men and women are open to meet other people.
2. Take her out and have her suck you dry? I don't think so, unless you are looking for a Gold Digger, and the guy wants to be nothing more than the sugar daddy.
3. Stay off line. Interestingly enough women stay online as much as men. But they get upset about it because they are not the ones that do the approaching. Actually until you have the exclusive talk, stay on line.
4. Be serious and don't lie. Okay, I agree with this one 100 percent. But ladies need to not lie as well by having truthful picture that are not 10 years old. They need to say their actual age. And be no fatter than 10 lbs than their photos.
5. Date as many people as you can handle. Why, because in the end you are going to find the person that you never knew it was for you because you have a point of comparison.
6. Writing is great, it allows both men and women to express themselves.
7. Yes, but guys, don't be the woman's clown, so both can be funny and fun.
8. No rules, here. She can grab the phone and call as well as him.
9. Call and talk, this should go without saying.
10. Forget the buddies? Hell no. This is where guys become wooses, give their balls to some woman, and become her doormat. Don't do it. Let her know earlier on that you have to have GUY time.
 Monty0791
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 1:09:07 PM
This very self absorbed post focusing on no one else s needs but your own.I wont go down the list but i will make a few points.Dating is dating and nothing more.Until I'm in a relationship I can date as many people as i want.Its just dating.if you have to change someone to be the way you want them to be then they are not the one.People can compromise for each other (making extra time for each other,splitting chores or putting down the toilet seat), but you cant change ones personality.Like you point out blow off ones friends.Hell no.My friends are my friends and i will not ignore any of them.Especially if I'm just "Dating" someone.Dating means nothing at first and means no obligation of any kind. Finally in today's economy maybe you will have to take a guy out and spend some money on him.I'm a home owner that does it all on my own, I'll never be able to afford another super nice date again.Its either something very simple or a movie at my place. If someone thinks that is cheap sorry then maybe I'm not the right guy then.
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 10:34:14 AM
i guess you re right,we shouldn't need a Gide line,but some men do this thy bag for a date then play games like for one don't show up . 2 lie about every thing for. 3 in general just **** up royally,so i figured if thy need a little help on having a good dating time a little guide line would hurt . hay this is not all we men fellow, this is one that would stay for life not the trampy type.because a tramp will all ways brake you're heart because she will be with some one Else when you re at work.and if you respond too this girls,you know the truth , so open up you re mouths and tell you lies.we men are we men fellow don't ever forget this.hay Ive Ben a so called wing woman too.lol which short form for a Friend,and Ive matched up tons of we men and men.because i do care if people are happy.and its OK too lose a Friend too a grate marred life.and those men are at home marred and happy.with wonderfully children.so i must be doing something right,thy all took my advice.
 dallasdoer
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2009 10:58:30 PM
JS and Rhonda need to hook up and have some laughs together cause they are sure making me laugh. Talk about prototypes, I think we have found them.
 SmellOfPoop
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/11/2009 8:49:09 AM
1) Stay away from women who have rules and suggestions about how to date women. Typically, they are control freaks and need men to behave a certain way.
2) Look for women who can speak in, and write, coherent sentences. That includes using the correct punctuation, by the way.
3) "Hey" and "hay" are 2 different words. We learned that in grade school.

So many more "rules," but this is a good start.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > what men should do and shouldn't do while dating,a woman.