Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women- does the Mirror Affect work for you in dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
Women- does the Mirror Affect work for you in dating?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Sounded more like a lecture or pep talk than a question - but ok.
 cookie22222
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Women- does the Mirror Affect work for you in dating?
Posted: 5/8/2009 7:18:36 AM
I have a question for you OP...

What if HE is trying to "mirror" YOU???

What a bunch of silliness!
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 8:05:44 AM

... just do whatever he does.

If he calls you, call him back….
If he texts you, text him back.
If he tries to make plans with you, make plans with him.
If he tells you he loves you, tell him you love him back (presuming, of course, that you do).

On the flip side, it also means that:
If he doesn’t call you, don’t call him.
If he doesn’t text you, don’t text him.
If he doesn’t make plans with you, don’t make plans with him.
If he doesn’t tell you he loves you, don’t tell him you love him.

This isn’t my version of “The Rules”. ... Just let him take the lead. quote]
Wow, the mental contortions women will engage in to rationalize their passivity almost reaches a new high-water mark...
 ççç™
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:07:54 AM
"onegirl" I hope so. More than one, means the virus is spreading.
 Landra
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/8/2009 1:20:42 PM
I think this could be modified:

If he doesn’t call you back, don’t call him again and again.
If he doesn’t text you back, don’t text him over and over.
If he doesn’t make plans with you, don’t keep asking to make plans with him when he's clearly not interested.
If he doesn’t tell you he loves you, it's possible he doesn't love you.
 sonofabiscuit2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:25:46 PM
After my first date with my ex-wife I lost her phone number and I wasn't able to make it to our second date, because I had to bring a Marine to the brig. I told my roommate that if she called to tell her where I was and get her number, he didn't get her number when she called. She finally called again two days later and I was so relieved, because I had been wanting to see her again. So you're Mirror Affect wouldn't have worked in my case and would have been a petty misuse of your time.
 celts123
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:41:43 PM
I wouldn't date a woman who is passive or can't think for herself. If I had to initiate contact all or most of the time, then I would think that she really isn't that interested in me.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 12:14:42 AM
I think each person needs to do what they are comfortable with. If there is something you are not comfortable with, you should let them know. They will either change it, or they won't. Shouldn't be that hard.
 Ender330
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2009 11:37:20 AM
Mirror Mirror on the wall!

Rules only apply to those who are playing that game. You can't use the rules of football in basketball even though they are both sports. The same goes with dating, you can't use the same rules for someone who is dating long term as someone who is casually dating or just out for a booty call.
The problem with most people is that they always want to have some rules...which means they are playing a game. And with a game usually there has to be a winner and a loser and of course...who wants to lose? Not to mention, usually both fools are playing two different games...bringing golf clubs to a baseball diamond...WTF!
 fancynanci
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2009 12:11:36 PM
I don't play games with men. I either like a man or I don't. Pretty simple.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 2:37:34 PM

Unlike the others, I happen to agree with this logic. If a man truly wants to be with you, he will do what needs to be done to be with you. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule but for the most part, this is spot on.

I do not understand the OP's thought process, nor do I understand this lady's. Unfortunately, I lived with a version of this for 25 years. If one half of the couple is only going to mirror the other's behavior then I see naught but a death spiral. If I wanted a mirror image of myself I would stare into the mirror ad nauseum. Longingly.

I Do NOT want a woman who has a passive attitude to life or to me! While an obsessive attraction is a bit dismaying, if I get the feeling I am not arousing some level of attraction leading to action from a woman I'm out of there. I will not live that kind of life again.

TK
{shakes head in disbelief: a woman with mirror image syndrome knows not what she wants}
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women- does the Mirror Affect work for you in dating?