Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When I didn't call, she became interested      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lostintheshuffle
Msg: 1
When I didn't call, she became interestedPage 1 of 1    
I managed to snag a phone number of an attractive receptionist / secretary. The other receptionist made it happen. I could tell the attractive receptionist really didn't want any part of me, but the other one pushed me into it. I took her number, put it in my phone and forgot about it for 3 days.

Then when I called her today, she was shocked and thrilled that I called. In fact she went so far as to say she wasn't interested at all in me... but then I didn't call one day, two days and on the third I did. She was excited.

So now we have a date when she wasn't at all interested. How often does this happen?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the long story:
I had lunch with my cousin, her husband and their 2 young daughters aged 1 and 3. Then afterward they were going to a loan office (to get funds for a dairy barn), and I tagged along, just so I can be the baby sitter while they talk business. I ended up in the reception area with the daughters for 30 minutes.

The receptionist I got the number of came into the office 5 minutes after I was watching the kids. That was almost half an hour that I got to know the two receptionists and they got to know me and the kids.

Toward the end of my watching the kids, the instigating receptionist asked for my number. Then she said its for her co receptionist, because the other receptionist has been talking for a few days about the type of guy she'd love to date. Apparently I fit that mold.

The attractive receptionist tried to get out of me giving my number. She said she doesn't date customers. I said I'm not a customer, I'm the baby sitter. Then she said I still know a customer, and then a minute after she said that, the loan officer came out appologizing to my cousin that he can't give them a loan.

Her co receptionist made her give me her number after I gave mine. Another reason why I didn't call is I live 90 minutes away from that loan office.
 loveologist
Msg: 2
When I didn't call, she became interested
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:33:42 PM
that's women for you. we say no but means yes; we say yes but means no.
what do you expect?

deborah815
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 6:20:19 PM
There's an old saying, "It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind."
 sonofabiscuit2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 6:32:49 PM
It's the same trick Marine recruiters use. If you want to get someone interested in you, show no interest.
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 7:24:03 PM
Sometimes playing a little hard to get or presenting a "little" challenge in the beginning may be a good thing. However, I'm not sure about the set up of this arrangement so please let us know how the date goes and if there's a second one.

Good Luck!
 collecting moments
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 7:31:46 PM
never try to figure out a woman
 cw35
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 8:58:11 PM
If she has that mentality then the joke will soon be on you. Once she gets you interested and knows you like her you will no longer be a challenge and she will have gotten her big ego boost. Guess what happens next. Women like this are such a turn off. Why would you even want to waste one second of your time with someone like that?
 thatnickguy
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/8/2009 8:59:41 PM
Man! Just imagine what'll happen when you withhold the sex!
 mthomjmark
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/8/2009 11:06:11 PM
Think about it; most idiot men in clubs and bars tell the woman how beautiful and sexy they are and they gaze them down; look at that one guy that might say hi but give no attention to her; all night she'll look over at him; it happens a ton of times; try it. lol
 kpooks
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 8:32:49 AM
Ech. That wishy-washy attitude...isn't that always the way?

Don't put too much stock or faith in this one, pal. You might get a date, but, if she wasn't interested initially, she'll NEVER be interested. Seriously. You'll be doing yourself a favor by NOT getting attached to this one. You'll be preserving your sanity. Go on a date with this one, have a few laughs, but keep looking...for one who's a bit more interested.

Read my "they're either completely uninterested or completely obsessed with me" post here. There's never been a middle ground for me.
 Sepia777
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/9/2009 8:51:07 AM
Men are equally guilty.. human nature 101: the thrill of the chase is always more desireable than the capture.... we tend to always want that which seems unattainable just out of reach...

Most women can attest to the fact that men who they ignore and have no interest in will fall all over themselves trying to garner the womans favor and attention.. the more she ignores him the more he lays on the charm....meanwhile said woman will make her romantic interests known to another man who is a detached/nonchalant type... This man will in turn have her waiting by the phone every nite for his call..driving her to distraction

It's a wonder anyone gets together at all..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When I didn't call, she became interested