Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Sleeping over and snoring - kickem out the bed?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
Sleeping over and snoring - kickem out the bed?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Nix the sleepover - if it's a worknight and you need your sleep go to her place and just tell her you have an early morning and you'll call her and go home. Then in the future think about a separate bedroom...there's no need for a sleepover unless someone's had too much to drink to drive anywhere.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 3
Sleeping over and snoring - kickem out the bed?
Posted: 5/8/2009 10:03:01 PM
first of all these are classic signs of obstructive sleep apnea; this person has obstructions in her airway at night that constantly makes her move around and wake up.

The avg. spouse or person that sleeps with an untreated sleep apnea patient loses up to 1 hour of sleep per night; it's a massive problem in the u.s.

The main cause is excess weight or large tonsils to name a couple things; alcohol can also make it worse.

If you are sensitive to it or if she is waking you up it might be severe. not good.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 12:04:19 AM
MrSerpent, that last line is pretty evil, but funny. My sleep is pretty important to me, not sure how I would handle it, but I think I would try some other methods, pillow over face maybe, before I would resort to that.
 Quazi 100
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 9:47:52 AM
I remember a Christmas, where my ex and I had to sleep in his grandson's single bed. His mouth was right next to my ear.......my gentle nudges turned into pile driving elbow digs by the early morning hours.

If it's were me, I would make sure another bed was made up, and ready....and if I knew I wasn't gonna get any sleep where I was, I would go sleep in the other bed......doesn't matter whose house it is......
 thwipp89
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 3:20:56 PM
OP- you know what a rear naked choke (not a sex move!) is in MMA/UFC (mixed martial arts)? do that. problem solved.
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 3:24:28 PM
I am surprised by some of the responses here..but, I used to think the same way. When i was with my ex, I hated sharing a bed, he was a total bed hog, and very annoying. And yes, sometimes he snored.

My current boyfriend, well, that's a whole nother story. He moves when I move..we always sleep with his arms wrapped around me, with my back against him..I call it my happy place. As soon as I get in bed and he wraps his arms around me, and I can feel the length of his body next to mine..well, it's like heaven, ya know? No place I'd rather be. And when I shift, he shifts..and he doesn't snore. I know, I'm very lucky.

Opie, if her snoring is driving you batty, and you think someone should be relocating in the house, well, obviously it would be you. She's sleeping, you're not. Just get up and go lay on the couch, no biggie. In the morning discuss it with her, and see if she even realizes she's doing it. Communication is a good thing.

Good luck!!
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/9/2009 6:16:12 PM

I can't imagine getting up and sleeping on the couch in my own place....

Hospitality is sacred. YOU should be the one to sleep on the couch.
 ccourier51
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 12:39:18 PM
Ex-girlfriend of mine was a real bad snorer. Alot of times i use to poke her in the side, roll her over and etc.
 rockondon
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 6:22:13 AM

maha rodrigues: Snoring most often occurs while sleeping on the back.
Snorers can train themselves to sleep on their side.

Very true.
And if they don't/cant train themselves, there's a way that you can help:
Sew a pocket on the back of whatever shirt/pajama top they wear to bed. Then put a golf ball in the pocket.
 unfisch
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/29/2009 8:23:12 PM
I cant believe no one knows this!

All you have to do is reach around and start playing with a mans d*k and he will stop snoring right away..And they never complain about being disturbed.

I cant beleive you wise ladies didnt know that. And no, I would never snore on purpose just to get the remedy...or would I??

Hmmm.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/8/2010 6:07:40 PM

I cant believe no one knows this!

All you have to do is reach around and start playing with a mans d*k and he will stop snoring right away..And they never complain about being disturbed.

I cant beleive you wise ladies didnt know that. And no, I would never snore on purpose just to get the remedy...or would I??

Doesn't that lead to the opposite of the sleep you're trying to get? Unless there's a way to do this and not lose any.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/12/2010 7:02:47 AM
^^^If they're going to snore like that - I don't know why that would be a bad thing...for that guy. Other men if there are any won't know about this, unless they all talk about stuff like this down at the Water Buffalo meeting.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2010 10:36:38 AM
I think as an invited guest, most people would retire to the couch and bring up going home on another day, not boot somebody out of the house when the couch ought to do the trick.

I wonder even if the snoring drives someone crazy, if it would almost be too quiet without it if you had been sleeping with a snorer for years.

My brother and a husband of a close friend both snore so badly that they have pretty much slept elsewhere for years now. Was visiting my friend who lives more than a thousand miles away and realized I had probably snagged "his" bed using the guest room when I saw him headed to the couch with blanket and pillow.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Sleeping over and snoring - kickem out the bed?