Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Going Without      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 no_1_bby
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Going WithoutPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have a higher drive than most of my partners. Ideally I'd love it daily... settle for once a week.. beyond that I start getting a wee bit grumpy.

I'm currently in a relationship... and well.. life being what it is and living circumstances being what they are.. we don't get a lot of alone time together.

I think it's normal to have that "man, I really want to get laid" feeling... it's what we do about it that matters. Excuse me while I go and molest myself.. hehe..
 rhondarhonda20
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Going Without
Posted: 5/8/2009 11:41:38 PM
well i love sex ass much ass i can get it,
 Monty0791
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Going Without
Posted: 5/8/2009 11:50:44 PM
Honestly its been a while but, its no big deal.My sex drive isn't as high as it used to be. It means more to me know to connect with someone than just get laid.I guess next relationship I get into, I rather wait till the sexual tension gets so thick you could cut it with a knife.
 c_deacon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Going Without
Posted: 5/10/2009 3:52:08 PM
When it grows back together......

OT..........This is one huge thing that can affect a marriage or relationship, when one has a sex drive that is not even close to the others, or when sex becomes a punishment/reward type of activity that happens less and less because of it.

I have a very healthy sex drive, and I am happy to enjoy the one I am with multiple times during the week. I am with others that think when first together, and it is a new relationship, most times you enjoy sex every time together. Once together for some time, and being with each other for things more than dates and sex, it will find its own level of comfort.

This level of comfort must be mutual, and for me, at least two to three times a week, if not more, but I know that many times, life and stress can take over, and sex will take a back burner, and if it is turned totally off, so will be the person.

I am not good with not having sex for more than a week or two, which makes long distance relationships that much harder to maintain. There are many ways to help pass the time, like phones, cams, pictures shared, and masturbation, but nothing, I repeat, nothing takes the place of real and often......

Just my opinion........
 DAVE632
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Going Without
Posted: 5/10/2009 5:52:44 PM
The longest, when I was younger, was almost 2 yrs. I was madly in love and when we split I felt like I'd died. Took me almost 2 yrs to get back to where I wanted another woman. I was with Sue for 21 yrs and after she died there was nothing again for almost 2 yrs. The relationship I fell into then was LD and wonky - I was grasping at straws ... neeeeding to feel a body beside me again. Widows/widowers frequently jump back in too fast. I did. Live and learn.

I've never enjoyed sport-fu¬Ęking preferring to be in either a LT committed relationship or as close to that as circumstances permit. To do anything else, to me, cheapens what I had / have when I'm in love so I prefer to wait for that kind of relationship to happen. Being alone doesn't bother me. Orgasms? HA - twice a day from 16 to about 53 then backing off in my old age to once a day.

Some people are capable and comfortable with finding a body - any body - to bump uglies with when they get horny. I may be too emotional when it comes to that aspect of sex/relationships but then I'm the one who gets to look in the mirror in the morning and I want, in my heart, to turn around and walk back into her loving arms and NOT think, "WTF did I do THAT for?" and try and flee before IT wakes up.
 GWSmith
Msg: 10
Going Without
Posted: 5/10/2009 5:59:06 PM
When I'm single, I can go years. Once I start getting sexual with someone I am hard pressed to think of when I DON'T want to.
 What Grinds My Gears
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Going Without
Posted: 5/10/2009 8:34:02 PM
Since June 30, 2008... not that I am counting. I have been divorced for over 1 1/2 years. For the first 9 months after the divorce I slept with several different women - probably to feed my own ego. Since then I realized I am not that into being in a relationship. My sex drive is obviously low and while it would be nice to get some once in a while I don't feel like lying to anyone or dating someone I'm not into in order to get some. The crazy thing is that the lack of sex doesn't bother me, but that fact has me concerned.
 notregme
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Going Without
Posted: 5/10/2009 8:59:13 PM
11 years for me.sad so sad Im going to go cry now thanks.lol
 jojoaus
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Going Without
Posted: 7/27/2009 3:04:33 AM
Like most other posters- when I am single, I do without (I went 14 years FFS) but now I am 18 months into a great relationship??? I want sex 6 nights out of 7. Cuddles are enough on night 7.. Maybe 3 nights off for my period as long as I get to supply BJ's or hand jobs and get some finger action in return??
 Tim61
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Going Without
Posted: 7/27/2009 1:52:22 PM
I went without for over 15 yrs, and also have a high Sex Drive !!! so I only did what cums naturally to a Straight Guy. But inside what I really wanted was, to be with a woman, but it was not happening !!! , no shame in that is there ? nothing I'm ashamed about ! any way.

I found a girl and we had sex at least once a week, but i wanted it a lot more, only to catch up on the times that i had gone with out !!!

Tim
 damassteel
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Going Without
Posted: 7/27/2009 2:28:21 PM
Interesting topic.
In my youth I had a very strong libido, as is quite natural. Going without for two or three days was torturous, so always made sure The supply lines were clear. this was back in the day of the sexual revolution pre-AIDS etc... so thing were very different than present times; as in people sport f---in' like mad. Things didn't change for me until I hit maybe 51-52, that's when I started to notice a change in urgency between sex opportunities. My drive started to quiet noticeably. I'm still in the game at 59 and in a relationship, but if my SO is not around for some reason like I'm away for business, or she's visiting somewhere, I just don't think of it much beyond the abstract. That having been said, an every other day schedule is fine for me now(her too).
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Going Without