Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 1
The "I just don't get it!" thread!!Page 1 of 44    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
OK...everyone has come across things that they JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND...things they JUST DON'T GET...whether it be the appeal of, something being over rated, or some other perplexity!

I am not talking "pet peeves" here...things you despise or really irk you....but rather things that really cause no stress or impact on YOUR life, but you JUST DON'T GET.

Share yours, here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just don't get the appeal of PRECIOUS MOMENTS collectors items. I mean...those big heads out of proportion to everything else, and those buglike eyes! LOL They make me think of a Kewpie doll gone mad!

"Adult cartoons"...you know...The Simpsons or Family Guy. I mean...????
 best kept secret
Msg: 2
The I just don't get it! thread!!
Posted: 5/12/2009 4:48:52 PM
I don't get trolls (dolls)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/12/2009 4:53:15 PM
LMAO!! I just "don't get" how this is attention seeking.

I just "don't get" the wannabe moderators who love to delete threads for no reason!

Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/12/2009 5:15:17 PM
lol, actually I love Precious Moments figurines

What i don't get is co-workers that call you after you sent them proof of payment with copy of an invoice and they want to send out the same amount for the same invoice number only a month later, they call and say, 'it's not the same one', I say "no, not that particular invoice, this other one!" can't they just READ their emails before contacting me and delaying the actual reply I need?! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:13:01 PM
I just don't "get":

1. Why D|I|C|K Cheney can't just shut the hell up and GO AWAY. I hear more NOW from that idiot than when he was Vice President. Someone needs to waterboard his ass and make him SHUT UP!

2. I don't get the appeal of Ashton Kutcher. That guy is such a tool. He's not even that appealing to look at. What in the world does Demi Moore see in that BOY?

3. I don't get why Adam Sandler is still allowed to make movies. That guy is just NOT funny. Bedtime Stories was PAINFUL to watch. Ugh..

There are a lot of things I don't "GET" - these are but a few.. I reserve my right to add more later as I think of them....

P.S. I think Family Guy is a RIOT! OMG! Stewey! Oh and Kat, you should see the Precious Moments town they have in (Somewhere) Missouri. My nephew and his hoosier bride got married there several years ago. They've actually replicated the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel using precious moments figures in lieu of the hand of God, Adam, etc.... Talk about TACKY!
 whatever0001
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:25:31 PM
I'm not a fan of most adult cartoons. But King of the Hill is so white trash funny. Sort of has the same appeal as My Name is Earl.
And as far as the trolling issue..
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:28:27 PM
OMG - I love My Name Is Earl! That is one of the funniest shows on television - easily. I'm not even sure I could pick a favorite character because they're all so funny!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:42:54 PM
I have tried to watch those shows...Family Guy, I just CAN'T. I have never found white trash humor very funny...like...I don't GET the appeal of the "you know you're a redneck if...."

Yeah....I think you and I, Sue...said we were gonna road trip it out to that town....ahem...sometime....not so soon. LOL
 best kept secret
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:43:27 PM
Yeah Harleykat! You made it through!

(I still don't get those troll dolls.....I have a friend who collects them.)

I don't get why the (F) bomb is used so much...are we that lacking of words?
I don't get why men feel the need to spit.
I don't get why itchy scratchy tags are sewn into clothing...and so hard to remove!
I don't get why I can't think of more...I know there's more!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:48:38 PM
LOL Best Kept...and....those trolls HAIR...so 80's rocker look! Blech!

I am guilty of the F Bomb...but I know when to keep the potty mouf in check, too! LOL

Your itchy tags reminded me of SHOULDER PADS! Has ANYONE ever NEEDED those? LOL I just DON'T GET those at ALL...and the ones they now put in the boobs of shirts...whassup with THOSE after one wash?! Since WHEN did THO become a fashion fau paux?
 previouslyme
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/12/2009 8:33:53 PM
The ones they put in boobs of shirts... Heck!! I don't understand why large cup bras come with inserts, gel ones at that! UHM, we wouldn't need to be buying the larger ones if we needed the inserts! Cut the price and keep them!

Buttons on blouses always land where there will be a gape through the bust...

Stores or brands that sell petites but not talls. Or brands that sell tall pants and skirts but the coordinating jackets only come in regular....

Tall stores that sell capris and shorts... Waste of space!
 SusieStL
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/12/2009 9:21:17 PM
this could be a very deep thought thread...

I just don't get how anyone could hurt a child.

I just don't get how anyone could hurt an animal.

I just don't get how some take their marriage vows lightly.

I just don't get WHY some people LOVE drama

I just don't get why people just can't be honest. I feel if you can't be honest about it then just maybe you shouldn't be doing that of which you can't be honest about.

I'm sure I can think of more but not right now.

best kept secret
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/12/2009 9:25:31 PM
I don't get why I'm not a Publishers Clearing House winner yet!
 mlt71
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/13/2009 12:37:22 AM
I will play along

I just don't get it

1 when people ask for advise about their profile from other people who can't get a date themselfs

2 when Hollywood takes a great book and make a bad movie out of it (leave great books along)

3 when people ask question on a forum and get mad at other people for not answering the way they want them too (why ask)

4 when women say Must not be looking for Activity Partner (so are you saying we not having sex in the relationship if we have a relationship)

5 when women say on here Must not be looking for Talk/E-mail ( so how am I suppose to get in contact with you)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/13/2009 1:20:23 AM
^^ I think they mean you must not be looking for ONLY talk/email or an activity partner. (Which is not sex, by the way...that is Intimate Encounter!)

I have a wonderful best friend who carries a GINORMOUS book bag for a purse! I just DON'T GET why she needs that much stuff to leave the house!

I just don't get why Women flock to restrooms together, but men refuse to...I mean, come on! They are macking to try it! LOL
 J_in_OFallon
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:21:41 AM
How I just replied to this and it didn't post???

Perhaps I said a bad word, oh well. Trying again.

I don't get the "text-speak" in profiles. I am not impressed by how hip you are ( oh sorry, U R). At this point in my life, there ain't no hip left in me at all...

I just don't get why Women flock to restrooms together, but men refuse to...I mean, come on! They are macking to try it! LOL

Because we have a thing about carrying on a conversation while we have a handful o' our stuff. Not socially comfortable, but my demon, not yours.
 J_in_OFallon
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:22:49 AM
D'oh! Need preview...
 J_in_OFallon
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:34:05 AM
Or the driver that runs for, say 853- 1/4 miles in the left lane, without a soul behind me (in the right lane) that has to pass me and change into my lane an inch and a half after he clears my front bumper? And then, they slow down to .1 mph slower than I have been driving all along.

Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/13/2009 10:11:09 AM
I don't "get" reality shows - like Big Brother, that Peter Brady reality show, the Denise Richards reality show, the former Anna Nicole reality show, etc. Are peoples' lives really so uninteresting that the best thing they can find to do is watch a show about someone else's life? Sheesh!

I have a confession - I have never seen a single episode of SURVIVOR and never plan to.
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/13/2009 10:35:18 AM

They've actually replicated the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel using precious moments figures in lieu of the hand of God, Adam,

Someone should seriously burn in Hell for that. Bastad! (and yes, I spelled that the way I want it pronounced!)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/13/2009 11:16:20 AM
Miss Shellie! You did not comment on my friends ginormous bag!

Miss...errr, Mrs. Jazzmin! I LOVE Wizard of Oz...it IS a classic! *lol* But now you have me very scared!

Mr. Kyle...you have a very valid point...NO ONE has the right to slap anyone. And yes, if some of the things girls do, boys did...well, I said girls/boys because we don't do those things once we reach adulthood!

Miss Sue-De....I think there is a HUGE difference between "reality tv" and "trash tv." These ones like the rocker looking for love....to the 5th power, now? I mean HOW can one even BEGIN to take it seriously!? But Survivor was actually quite cool when it first started...though I have not watched it in ages.

Speaking of reality crap...have you all seen this tool "Nik Richie's" (real name Hooman Karamian) "reality blog site?" Talk about TRASH. He basically allows any Tom,
D!ck, or Harry to submit a photo (yes, even stolen ones) and nasty captions about the subject...then proceeds to trash them more. He also had a portion about Drunk Drivers, until he was arrested for such! Really nasty sh!t...especially when some jealous mother fvcker steals a personal photo off of a public site, and creates a lie from it.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/13/2009 1:58:34 PM
OMG, I also love the Wizard of Oz. That move was made in 1939 - the year my mom was born so the full color scene where she enters OZ is really quite a visual spectacle! In fact, if I'm channel surfing and I see it on, I may pop in and watch for a bit, depending on what else is on. I also own DARK SIDE OF OZ on DVD - a bootlegged copy of the movie set to the soundtrack of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. It's actually rather freaky how well the music matches up with what's going on in the movie in many places (but not all). I do have to wonder what stoner was smoking a doob, listening to Dark Side of the Moon and watching the Wizard of Oz when they discovered this bizarre coincidence.

Speaking of reality crap...have you all seen this tool "Nik Richie's" (real name Hooman Karamian) "reality blog site?" Talk about TRASH. He basically allows any Tom, D!ck, or Harry to submit a photo (yes, even stolen ones) and nasty captions about the subject...then proceeds to trash them more. He also had a portion about Drunk Drivers, until he was arrested for such! Really nasty sh!t...especially when some jealous mother fvcker steals a personal photo off of a public site, and creates a lie from it.

In the spirit of his site:

Kat: Hey Sue De, here's Nik Richie's mug shot from when he got arrested for DUI. Would you hit that?

http://www.iconocast.com/B000000000000038/Q6/News7_0.jpg

Sue: Would I hit that? Well, if I was driving down the highway at 60mph and saw him on the side of the road, sure I'd hit that! -sue

The guy sounds like a real loser if you ask me and I'd lay odds that MOST of the people who post to his site are embittered, angry, jealous WOMEN (or should I say "girls"). I doubt many men would bother themselves with such mean-spirited, petty pursuits as posting pictures of people and trashing them. Well, except perhaps the tool that runs the site..and let's just hope that instant karma gets that guy..

HarleyKat~
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/13/2009 2:35:10 PM
Yeah...I saw his mugshot...and in spirit of his site, said:

Would I do that? Nope...dude looks like someone took a sh!t and wiped their ass across his head. LOL

Ash and I were talking about how it would be a BAD BAD time to stand before God, being that dude. Man.

I don't get....people who make money off of being MEAN.
 trekker013
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/14/2009 12:33:44 AM
Why does a pack of hot dogs have 10 hot dogs and a bag of hot dog buns only have 8 buns?

Why does Wal-Mart Supercenters have 30 or more cash registers but never have more than 5 or 6 open at any given time no matter how busy?

Why is it no matter what line I pick at a grocery store check-out the other lines are always faster?

Why does a waiter/waitress at a restaurant ask you "How is your food tasting?" What the hell did they do to it?

Why do two cars drive neck and neck on an interstate? They think everybody else wants to drive that speed or slower?

If I'm the first person at a 4-way stop why should I have to stop?
 trekker013
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/14/2009 12:44:48 AM
Here's a good one.

A while back a woman started a thread saying if a guy is just on here looking for sex they should send a pic of their johnson to whoever they email so they could see what they're getting.........

........she didn't even have a pic (of any kind) posted
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!