Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Many Dominate Females are there?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purple ace rider
Msg: 3
view profile
History
How Many Dominate Females are there?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hmmm I cant picture myself answering this but Im going to give it a try. I personally am a very independant person personality wise, however when in the bedroom I tend to be more submissive. Dont get me wrong, if Im extremely in the mood I have no problem throwing a guy on the bed and hoping he will let me have my way with him. I also am a woman that believes in making sure the guy is satisfied so there is something I find hot in a guy who lets you do what you want to pleasure him, within reason of course!
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 6
How Many Dominate Females are there?
Posted: 5/15/2009 1:40:20 PM
A lot. Some of us are too tied up to get out and let people know. :) I am a little of both. :)
 no_1_bby
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2009 3:17:47 PM

You might want to change the thread title to 'dominant', not 'dominate'.

Dominant = adjective, describes your potential woman.
Dominate = Verb, describes her potential actions towards you.

Just trying to help!

Thank you for pointing that out.

OP.. what is it that you want to know? How many dominant women are here on POF or how do you find one? Or is it that you want to avoid one?? I'm unsure of what you want...
 benspurr
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/15/2009 3:23:49 PM
Dominate? How about at least confident? Women in general are too afraid to approach a guy they're interested in.

Not saying all of them are of course, but usually when you have a woman with any shred of confidence (let alone a dominate attitude) they're already in a relationship, so it's hard to guess the numbers.
 MsMicki
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2009 7:03:52 PM
I'm with LeeAnne on this one.....the best of both worlds for me!
and..
I prefer not to be labeled.....as anything other that a good lover....
 AwP
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 10:33:31 AM

WalkingInLondon
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/22/2009 11:44:09 PM
It's spelled DOMINANT

This drives me crazy.
Beth
 bigluvinboston
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2009 12:19:45 PM
I am a loving and peaceful person outside the bedroom and a Dominant in the bedroom. I prefer control and having it. I like men but I will not tolerate disrespect. To me, a man who's in touch with his vulnerability is a huge turn-on! I'm not into abuse for abuse's sake, since I know how that story goes from having encountered some inconsiderate Dominants myself.
 breeheel
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/1/2009 12:02:38 AM
I agree being a Switch is much nicer...... Ide say Im a switch. and ide love to find another switch.
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/19/2010 9:17:33 PM
there seems to be more dominant women on the plenty of fish dating site than there was a few years ago.i would like to chat with and/or meet ladies who are interested or curious about being dominant.

god_of_rock
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/22/2010 11:04:48 AM
to answer theoriginal question:

my last poll shows: 32, 784, 598 in the USA; 196,392,491 worldwide
 ksuser
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/28/2018 10:12:49 AM
alkalinetrio "How Many Dominate Females are there"?

I'm just more curious about the whole "Dom" "Sub" thing. Am I wrong, or hasn't this been around since the beginning of time? The more independent woman have evolved thru time, makes them more in control in the bedroom as well. Why do men make such a request for the submissive woman? I have at times been both, depending on the man and the mood that I'm in. I enjoy being able to decide that when it's time...
I am asking questions now, because I have met a couple full Dom's this year. They seem very aggressive about their titles. And, no it's never is a long term thing for me. There seems to be a time for "ok, your in charge". Then I go back to my normal life. I never give complete control of my whole life to anyone or anything....that's just not a good idea. But for the bedroom- it's ok to let go for a little bit. Isn't it all about controlling another person?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Many Dominate Females are there?