Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > If you think you are a nice guy, that's cool... but maybe you are rea      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DoubleDizzle
Msg: 5
view profile
History
If you think you are a nice guy, that's cool... but maybe you are really just an Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Dude, awesome thread...

I actually just got rejected from a girl i met on here who I was only trying to pursue for friendship at the moment, and her reasoning was the whole "nice guy BS". You nailed what she said pretty much verbatim. Also got it more than a few time when I was actually romantically trying to pursue a girl.

Don't know what exactly else to say about the topic other than I feel your pain dude :)
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 7
If you think you are a nice guy, that's cool... but maybe you are really just an
Posted: 5/15/2009 8:23:04 PM
I have never ever told a guy I wouldn't date him because he was too nice or too good for me. Simply saying I'm not interested tends to work fine.

If I'm pushed for still more info as to why, this always makes me laugh, but I remain vague.
 thwipp89
Msg: 8
view profile
History
If you think you are a nice guy, that's cool... but maybe you are really just an
Posted: 5/15/2009 10:21:04 PM
i love how c o c k tails was x'ed out!
i'm a nice guy...with a pr*ck streak. not really- i'm just extremely impatient and intolerant of BS, drama and games.
 exiss
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/16/2009 3:55:43 PM
Good thread...... Nice to know I have some company!

I'm reminded of a woman I was seeing off and on a few years ago, met here friends andfamily and they all thought I was the proverbial "great guy".

But she was looking for that other type, you know, the job, house, car, attitude.....
After a couple of years she realized that I really was a great guy but by then there was just too much water over the dam, and I had lost interest.
We are still friends to this day tho, and she ended up marrying a doctor, who she says is a lot like me... quirky, lol.
Guess she got the best of both worlds, lol.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2009 7:24:05 PM
Yet another nice guy thread. I think nice guys, the guys that women don't like, are not liked because underneath their niceties is an agenda.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2009 10:44:50 PM
Just keep your chin up.
It's a hard slog, but at the end of the day, you have to believe you are worth it and that you will eventually find the lucky one who will be happy with you.
 Lobo_Corazon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 12:31:31 PM
...and others drank the****ails that I bought them and then later avoided me and acted like we had never met .

My slightly warped mind filled in that censored bit as "drank the entrails", giving me a moment's pause.

How is this thread not redundant? Heh - Anyway, read some of the tidbits of wisdom that come up on the exit screen as you log out from PoF.

Niceness is great, but it isn't something that will make someone become attracted to you. No attraction = No sale.
Women tend to be attracted to confidence and lavish lifestyle, men tend to be attracted to an hourglass figure, everyone is attracted to positive energy and a radiant smile. Those factors (or at least the appearance of them) will get you much more positive responses from people you approach then being "nice" ever will.

Of course it's better to be nice than nasty (well, kindof)... Just don't expect to get very far if that's all you have to offer, because it's not enough!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > If you think you are a nice guy, that's cool... but maybe you are really just an