Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating and Curses! My Theory!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ender330
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Dating and Curses! My Theory!Page 1 of 1    
When I was young I used to think that dating me and leaving me would be leave a person cursed. Yea, I know, it sounds crazy but it always seemed that after a girl broke things off with me...things just got worse for her...Things would happen like...she would get pregnant, or I would find out she had become a drug user, getting beat and abused by the guy she was with before me, going to jail or prison, the new guy cheating on her the list goes on and on.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Well after I grew up...I realized that it was not a curse. See usually when these girls left...it was on a bad note...not like they came to me and said lets be friends it's not working out...they just totally kicked me to the curb and did some really fked up stuff in doing so! And I am cool with that. Well like I was saying...as I got older I realized that it was not a curse but their thinking. It was their reasoning ability or lack thereof. Not that they left me but how they left and why they left. If you could treat a person, who has done nothing but good to you, like crap! What is your thinking and what is your reasoning! Not to sound or not to good...so when you move on to find that next person...Your reasoning in looking for that person will not be good either.

And when you think of it...It is usually the GOOD person who is chasing the BAD person. Good men and women always try to see the GOOD in everyone but BAD men and women never look for the GOOD in anyone. So when you find yourself asking where are the GOOD men/women...look at yourself and start looking for the opposite of what you have been searching for. Try to find what you need not what you want!
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 2
Dating and Curses! My Theory!
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:51:13 AM

dating me and leaving me would be leave a person cursed

I feel that way now!

(oh maybe it's the writing chants in blood with a falcon's feather, the naked dancing at the full moon, and whispering his name while writing it on the bathroom mirror in candlelight....)

Never mind

It is usually the GOOD person who is chasing the BAD person

Is W. Bush the decider? Who's Good? Who's Bad? Who decides?

Good men and women always try to see the GOOD in everyone but BAD men and women never look for the GOOD in anyone

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think that GOOD men and women tend to not see clearly the degree of BADNESS in others.

BAD men and women never look for the GOOD in anyone

I actually don't think this is true either. I think BAD people are inherently DRAWN to GOOD people. I think they honestly do seek good people, I just don't think that a person who is "BAD" (if we can call anyone that) can maintain the same level of living ethically or morally or however it is you are judging them to be BAD. I think they WANT to be good people and decent people, I just don't believe they have the same advantages or capabilities to change, grow or alter their lives.

Try to find what you need not what you want!

Sorry OP I"m disagreeing all the way around I guess.
I don't want to find something I NEED.
I can maintain my life and myself quite well.

I want to find someone I want to share life with.
Not someone who makes me into a "needy" person.
 Ender330
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2009 11:19:08 AM
I am not wishing ill will on anyone...And I am sure that getting pregnant by someone who goes of and gets himself 21 years in a federal prison before your child turns 3 is not something most girls hope and dream for.

And I have learned that bad association spoils useful habits...and my definition of BAD is just that...there are 2 kinds of people good and bad...it is that simple and that easy. Sometimes we think we are good until we come to that point and take that darker path instead of the light...and sometimes we thin we are bad until we come to that point and and take the lighted path.

Good and bad is determined by the actions we do alone...when nobody sees. Not the actions that are apparent to everyone. Basically when pushed...most of us will be bad! I am even guilty of that...
Posted: 5/19/2009 12:41:26 PM
OK Hurley, you're due back on the Island!

Sometimes bad folks do bad things, and then afterwards they get what seems to us to be their karmic comeuppance. Believe me, I have a few women in my past that I'd be tempted to try out a voodoo doll on. Wouldn't it be nice if the universe really worked that way!? Fact is, its just as often a good person who has something shitty happen to them, while nasty, manipulative types reap the rewards of their misdeeds (you need to look no further than the miscreants that got us all in this sub prime mortgage mess and helped crash our economy). No doubt some of it is self-inflicted; after all, stupid is as stupid does. However, there is no rhyme or reason to it usually and often its just one big cosmic coincidence. All you can do is fight the good fight and be true to yourself, and not let the b@stards grind you down.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/19/2009 2:04:44 PM
Yeah, but in my case, they really WERE cursed.

Eye of newt, tail of dog . . . corn dollies and voodoo dolls.
 c_deacon
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 2:10:46 PM
Pins and needles.......it all works for me......

Thank god for mind over matter, or what matters is the mind, or....or....or

OT.......I am with the karma concept, and like to leave places better than what I found them, and that can be in many many ways.

Just my opinion.........
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating and Curses! My Theory!