Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Women Want: The Measure of a Male Partner      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MrBlueEyes2u
Msg: 1
What Women Want: The Measure of a Male PartnerPage 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
This will be my 1st post for P.O.F. I’m a 43 SWM seeking out what a woman wants or values in a male partner. I realize that everyone on here comes from different back grounds, different upbringings so your desires may not be the same. Lately I had to ask myself this question, what does a woman want in a male partner? I’m not going to even try to portray myself as the perfect man by no means clearly chemistry is an important dynamic that cant really be measured but must be shared and felt by 2 people.

So I decided to write the Qualities & Skills I have out on a list. Each individual quality will have its own brief description to help you answer either yes or no, are these qualities what you seek in a male partner. I realize there may be people who read this and will say, “Yeah my dad or my uncle is like this.”Unless you date or have sex with your dad or uncle leave them out of this (and check yourself into a hospital for electric shock therapy) and refer only to the guy your with or looking for out there.

Where these qualities fall in order on the list do not represent there value in my eyes rather they are each just part of a list. Okay, here we go…

Listening / Communication: (regardless whether he’s at home or work, does he listen to you & explain himself well to you & your children as well as others).

Manners: (Does he open doors for you, Seat you 1st at the table, Offer his seat to a woman when none are available, does he show proper Etiquette at the table or does he eat like a hog and talk with his mouth full)

Trust / Dependable: (Do you Trust him & his Values or his thought process / Is he dependable If he says he will be there are you left wondering or does he show up. In short can you rely on him?)

Honesty / Integrity: (no one likes a liar, Honest opinions are valued as much as telling the truth when no one else will / Does he follow thru on his word or do you have to be there to see that the deed is done?)

Sense of Faith: (Does his sense of Faith help him to become a better person to accept his own faults yet grow and strive to evolve into the man others would look to)

Good with Kids: (whether or not he has kids or not does he like to be apart of their lives include them in his or be there with advice & help them with there homework)

Repair modern Vehicles: (How important would it be to you to have a partner who could repair the breakdowns of the family vehicle & not in some half assed backwoods manner instead of being done right).

Emergencies: (Regardless of how one happens does he remain calm, assess the situation, and act effectively to resolve the situation either on his own safely or call for 911 and help to keep everyone calm)

Building skills: (Are his skills professional in whatever form of construction he does, or did he convince himself he could do it without proper knowledge and forethought then call for help when the house is in ruins)

Cooking: (Can he really cook delicious home cooked meals or bake cookies from scratch that are NOT in a frozen bag (cr*p I sound like Betty Crocker).

Romantic: (watching thunderstorms together, painting your toe nails while you’re tied up in bed, brush your hair with his fingers while you watch a movie together on a quiet night, making love to you under the stars of the sweet dessert ski)

Affectionate: (Do you see the affection in him in how he cares for you, your kids, his family & his friends)

Passionate: (when he has, whatever he sees’, in his sights, does the passion in his drive to achieve his goals shine thru whether it’s pleasing you, his job or his hobby)

Protector: (Do you feel safe in his arms? Does he possess the dad look that could make others think twice about screwing with anyone he’s cares for?

So there’s the list. Is this what a woman wants in a man? Am I a generation to late in these beliefs of what a man should be?

Signed Mr. Blueeyes
 bretashly
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What Women Want: The Measure of a Male Partner
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:33:09 PM
all of the above
 prurire
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:35:23 PM
Generally, women want a man that is so fantastic that all of her friends will look at them as a couple with envy and avarice.
 sends
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:39:55 PM
I like this wish list..does he exist?
 MrBlueEyes2u
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:41:07 PM
I do hear in Texas
 videogirl
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:41:42 PM
Wow! A very comprehensive list you've got..... As the previous poster said, all of the above.

But really the main ones are kindness, honesty, intelligence and humor. All of the others on the list are pretty much included in these or are fabulous extras. Sexiness (in my eyes) and silliness are the two most important extras to me.
 Geri50hearts
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:42:42 PM
Mr Blueeyes. Surely you are a man trying to figure out a woman. There's no set way you or any other man can entice a woman to believe that you are the best thing that could happen to her. A woman wants to be loved and respected before anything else. You remember those two things and you'll do just fine.
 deborah815
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:47:13 PM
Repairs modern vehicles? You can work under my hood anytime.
 MrBlueEyes2u
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:48:31 PM
I would agree fully with your 2 important points. You can not over state the need for love and respect a man must give towards a woman.

Both should be seen as gifts only given only once in a relationship.
 MsFitz215
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/17/2009 3:48:43 PM
My Darling Mr. Blue Eyes.......

You are amazing...... You are everything that a woman would want or need in a relationship. Now the question is????? Does a woman deserve a man like you???????? God has put men on this earth to possess these thing to make a woman feel safe and secure..... Great Job with all that you have learned and teaching other men what women like and want.....
 readyornot57
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 3:52:37 PM
You described the stereotypical "nice guy."

What about money?
What about the "dude" factor?

These things are important to many (NOT ALL) women.
Like it or not, it is true.

One interesting thing about your list.....women only are required to excel in about half of those areas to be a "catch." See, it is tough to be a guy.
 MrBlueEyes2u
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/17/2009 3:58:45 PM
Look at the list... do you see someone who is not successful ??? hmmm... Are those not the qualities every business looks for

I own the hot car that i built myself a 1967 ss nova 2 door with a big block
 catkin2007
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/17/2009 4:06:29 PM
Pretty impressive list you have there. Thing is... I want and need honesty first. The rest of your list is bonuses... and some are definitely icing on the cake - BUT without honesty, the other things don't matter to me.

The list also left off that a man wants those things in return.... what man doesn't want a woman who gives back as much as she receives....????
 vanililly
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/17/2009 4:56:12 PM
Good list.

However, what I want from a man are two following things:
1. He has to be so much in love with me that he can't think of anyone or anything else and would gladly die for me.
2. Let me feel the same way about him.
Forever.

But that's because I'm just so very easy to please.
*grin*
 seekndestroy
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:03:16 PM
dude... thank you ..you just opened my eyes... i got all those.... i must be God's gift to woman....i'll explain

listening/communication- yes i have a cell phone and email, only off during the game.

manners- i always claim my "wind breaks" and use silverware to eat... usually!!

trust/dependable- i always show up for work... unless i call in sick and you can count on me to make fun and take pictures when you fall/make a fool out of yourself

honesty/integrity- unless she dont want to hear the truth.. then she better not ask

sense of faith- yes i have one.... already have my place in hell reserved

Good with kids- of course i am... i takes one to know one.... but they tend to gang up on me !!!

repair modern vehicles- nothing a sledge hammer cant fix

emrgencies- CPR certified and have the arsenal to start my own war (and ammo to go with it)

building skills- so long as i can blow it up later !!!

cooking- I have the microwave thing down to a science

romantic- ever done it on top of a mountain with a great view? ... me neither, but i'd like to

affectionate- so long as the game is not on

Passionate- and dont you dare take that remote away !!!!

protector- (see emergencies)

now that yall know these.... go ahead ladies and take a number..... now serving number..... 1
 Claire-de-lune
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:08:20 PM
hum...is there a Readers' Digest version of this list?
 Call me Ginny
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:11:17 PM
Love your list, except......
I own the hot car that i built myself a 1967 ss nova 2 door with a big block...
I'm a 65 Mustang girl, myself.
 Mr. Blblblbl
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:12:15 PM

So there’s the list. Is this what a woman wants in a man?

Absolutely! Sounds like the kind of list a con artist would make up to make all the ladies weak in the knees and completely overlook the bamboozling they're in for.

Perhaps I've just watched too many crime shows in my lifetime.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:19:20 PM
How close is Webster to Fort Worth?

Add to your list intelligent, funny, and engages in random acts of kindness, the latter are to me the most romantic gestures, and I think you are our perfect man.

OP, have you thought about what you want in a woman, because that is important too? Not so much a list of qualities but a friend asked me a couple of years ago what I wanted emotionally, financially and sexually from a man because those are the three largest areas of contention in most marriages.

It was an interesting and valuable exercise and while I know this is a list that describes you, worry a little less about being anything but yourself and more about finding a woman who appreciates you just the way you are.

Everything you listed is of course desirable and welcomed, many absolutely necessary but if you can connect with someone that is on the same wavelength emotionally, etc. that is a bigger indicator of compatibility than the admirable traits you possess.
 sdbysassygal
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:29:17 PM
Ugh..I don't want a list..I want a man that makes me laugh, makes me think things are good when I'm with him...and makes me feel like I wanna jump his bones uncontrollably... I think that's too much to ask nowadays...I have to pick one of my three :(
 midlandtom
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:29:18 PM
Listening / Communication: I am trying but because I am not a native speaker people I am not easy to communicate with

Manners: Quite weard ones

Trust / Dependable:

Trust o.k. Dependable I forget things

Honesty / Integrity: O.k.

Sense of Faith: Missing

Good with Kids: Good in trying for kids enjoying the process

Repair modern Vehicles: You are kidding. Have no clue

Emergencies: I yell loud

Building skills: Not me

Cooking: Weard German dishes. No ones eat it except me

Romantic: Is it equal horny?

Affectionate: After few beers I am

Passionate: IN sex

Protector: Our house has a security system. I paid for it.

****** Married to a gorgeous lady. Her pics are on my profile.

truckgirl65
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:47:17 PM
Wow. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. What about what YOU want?
 carolann0308
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:00:04 PM
Be proud, be considerate, always try to do the right thing. That's it.
 IncognitoGuido
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:01:45 PM
Oh for the love of pete.... I am fuked! Thanks a lot dude.

UH yah I have all of those things up there. But I can't find them... is it ok to be absent minded? No really I have them I just can't remeber where I put them.

(looks around... yup I am definately screwed... creeps out of the thread)
 Icthus26
Msg: 25
Seriously?
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:50:23 PM
So this is what it comes down to? We're listing attributes and begging for affirmation?

I'm sure you've got a lot of stuff going for you man, but you need to stop asking for affirmation from women. It shows a serious lack of confidence and that's a major MUST for... everyone.

Forget that list. Know those things for yourself and slowly let someone figure it out. Just actually get out and ACT like you have all of those things going for you without needing a woman to tell you that first.

You'll do fine.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Women Want: The Measure of a Male Partner