Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > VP Joe Biden....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kaos86
Msg: 1
VP Joe Biden.... Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Vice President Joe Biden, well-known for his verbal gaffes, may have finally outdone himself, divulging potentially classified information meant to save the life of a sitting vice president.

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

The bunker is believed to be the secure, undisclosed location former Vice President****Cheney remained under protection in secret after the 9/11 attacks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/17/oops-biden-reveals-location-secret-vp-bunker/

Is VP Joe Biden a Republican mole?
Is Joe Biden single handedly trying to destroy not only the Obama administration but also the United States of America.
Or is VP Joe Biden just numbskull?
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 2
VP Joe Biden.... Oops I did it Again... He opened his mouth!
Posted: 5/18/2009 8:01:28 AM
I'm just trying to imagine a situation in which this would even matter. Obama gets assasinated, and then somebody hits this bunker (which fox says "is believed") with a bunker buster?

Destroy America? How? If the enemies of the United States had these kind of capabilities you'd long since have been destroyed.

This is like a lame 24 plot.
 Kaos86
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/18/2009 8:21:08 AM
Well it is serious if the Bunker was classified information as that would indicate that the current VP can't be trusted with any secrets and a possible crime. Never mind the cost to US taxpayers to replace the bunker.
In the past Bidens gaffes have been merely comical however they are now taking on a more serious mode.
Two weeks ago he attempted to shut down the entire US travel industry.

On the bright side he knocks Nancy Pelosi down to the 2nd spot in the race to the Title for "Dumbest Washingtonian".
What next form the VP?
Stay tuned I am sure he will open his mouth again soon.
 Larissan04
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/18/2009 8:26:41 AM
biden... wow... you really have to wonder why obama chose him in the first place... what a moron...he' s about as bad as dan quaile...

lar
 Kaos86
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/18/2009 8:49:55 AM
Dan Quayle, Al Gore, Spiro Agnew... There have been some incredible dopes in the VP seat.
The great thing about Biden though is that he is just over 100 days in the seat.
Lots more fun and missteps to come as he continues to entertain.
 cotter
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2009 9:04:22 AM
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/16/good-news-genius-vp-announces-existence-of-secret-bunker/
I’m pretty sure that’s not the “undisclosed location,” just an undisclosed location. The Cheney bunker where he spent time in lockdown post-9/11 was revealed five years ago to be a complex on the Pennsylvania/Maryland border.

http://www.rense.com/general53/asgi.htm
TIME Reveals Cheney's Secret Bunker - White House Angered

Drudge Report
c. 2004
6-15-4

Top White House officials expressed anger after TIME magazine detailed the location of Vice President****Cheney's secret bunker, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

In new editions, TIME revealed "Site R," an underground bunker on the Maryland-Pennsylvania border where the Vice President spent much of his time in 2001.

TIME wrote: "Deep under Raven Rock Mountain, Site R is a secret world of five buildings, each three stories tall, computer filled caverns and a subterranean water reservoir. It is just 7 miles from Camp David."

Raven Rock Mountain is easily found using basic geographical maps.

One White House officials fumed Monday night: "TIME magazine would have revealed secret the location of Anne Frank, if they knew it."
 justwant2no
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/18/2009 10:27:18 AM
^^Thanks, I thought I'd heard that before! For a minute there I was afraid I was psychic!
For the record, OP, you can't 'reveal' something that's already been 'revealed'.
 Zelgadis
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/18/2009 10:51:09 AM
^^ Actually, Cotter's sources point out that the article messed up on reporting it as being where Cheney was taken. This is apparently a new site being revealed.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/19/2009 12:02:14 AM
We all know on earth-R(republican) Jack bowers first suspect when a president is targeted should be the vice president. The only thing to do is torture some brown people until they give the real bad guy up.

It's a ticking time bomb here.

More seriously, is the Vice Presidents residence normally considered a secret? I know the "undisclosed location" but does the US government not have other places they might be able to put Biden in the case of an emergency?

Charles.

posting from an undisclosed location.
 Zelgadis
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/19/2009 5:48:21 AM
Well, apparently it is a guest room/bunker. False alarm it seems.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/18/biden-denies-leaking-classified-location-cheney-bunker/?test=latestnews
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/19/2009 6:08:32 AM

Well, apparently it is a guest room/bunker. False alarm it seems.

Fox news gets it wrong about a Democrat? In a way that makes them look bad?

Media bias you say?
 Kaos86
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/19/2009 9:17:34 AM
Bidens Bunker Blunder is just another reason for all of us to Pray to God that nothing happens to Barack Obama.
He comes up with a new gaffe every week so late night comedians would sure love it.

Joe Biden seems like a nice enough guy but he is the Odd Ball Uncle you want to keep hidden downstairs and away from the public. Cetainly the airline and travel industry would prefer it.
 cotter
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 10:19:57 AM
People are still posting to this thread ... even after it is apparent that it was no blunder ... just a joke on the press?

It's just a room to send the staff to. I mean they want to be safe too ... eh?
 flyguy51
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/19/2009 11:30:54 AM

Lots more fun and missteps to come as he continues to entertain.

Good to know you find potential breaches in national security entertaining.

Bidens Bunker Blunder is just another reason for all of us to Pray to God that nothing happens to Barack Obama.

This is quite an about-face from all the pre-election Republican talk of Obama's disastrous inexperience.
 Kaos86
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/19/2009 12:56:15 PM
Biden's explantion that it was an upstairs spare room is just as comical as the true story.
For those ideologs buying that load of crap I have real estate for sale at Gitmo.

Here is another Bidenism...
-- On March 13, 2009, Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, "An hour late, oh give me a f**king break," after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president's expletive was caught on a live microphone.

The man is a "One Man Comedy Show".

Numbskull on this one!
 cotter
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 1:26:38 PM
If Biden's slip of the tongue is a "Bidenism", does that make a Cheny slip of the tongue a "C0ckism"?
Cheney Dismisses Critic With Obscenity
Clash With Leahy About Halliburton

By Helen Dewar and Dana Milbank
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, June 25, 2004; Page A04

A brief argument between Vice President Cheney and a senior Democratic senator led Cheney to utter a big-time obscenity on the Senate floor this week.

On Tuesday, Cheney, serving in his role as president of the Senate, appeared in the chamber for a photo session. A chance meeting with Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (Vt.), the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, became an argument about Cheney's ties to Halliburton Co., an international energy services corporation, and President Bush's judicial nominees. The exchange ended when Cheney offered some crass advice.

"Fvck yourself," said the man ....

The man is a "One Man Comedy Show".
Somehow I think it's better to be associated with a comedy show than to be a "Walking Horror Show".
 geeleebee
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 4:10:08 PM
Yup; Joe Biden makes blunders.

Given that, this thread cries out for comparisons with the previous president and his unfortunate gift for malapropisms and for just plain not knowing how to pronounce a word.

One of my favorites was Bush talking about OBGYNs not being able to '...practice their love with women all across this country...'
Or this one:
"Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling." —Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 2004
Or this one:
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000
Or this one:
"And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it."—speaking on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

Yup; there are so many, many quotes from which to choose.
Here are some from the former Vice President:
(with regard to the Iraq build-up)

"We now know that Saddam has resumed his efforts to acquire nuclear weapons."

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction."

"We know he's reconstituted these programs since the Gulf War."

"We know that he has a long-standing relationship with various terrorist groups, including the Al Qaeda organization."

"We believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."

Just think; we have years and years to parse every statement from Obama and Biden, but nothing--nothing--will equal the Bush/Cheney years.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 5:02:19 PM
LOL, is this really news? I mean this guy makes an ass out of himself on a daily basis. I used to think it was funny, but now it's just sad.
 geeleebee
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 6:30:53 PM
Exactly. Thank you for making my point even more clear.

Everyone has said something that they wish could be erased from public memory. Given his 'oops' factor, Biden will misspeak again--and quite possible again.
The latest is just another example of non-news.

And, it isn't about being 'wrong', it's about sometimes having your mouth move faster than your brain.
 cotter
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:33:42 PM

What the hell does Cheney have to do with a Biden thread ??
Nothing more than that he was a VP and also misspoke/misspeaks from time to time.

I guess it's an indication that the people we elect to public office are also human ... eh?

A.B. ... I notice that all your "cute" quotes have to do with WMD's ... are they (like the thread) about people who misspoke?

OT ...
It has already been established that Biden did not reveal any huge classified hiding place. LMAO ...

It's just a "staff" hiding place and BTW, who really cares where anyone hides? Don't go around pissing people off and they won't want to "OFF" you ... eh?
 Kaos86
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:57:19 PM

I guess it's an indication that the people we elect to public office are also human ... eh?

Really? So why don't you afford that same respect for President Bush ?

It's one thing to laugh at their missteps it's another to show disrespect for them and the offices they hold as you do.
BTW the Bush gynecologist gaffe is one of the funniest I have ever seen.
Obama's 51 states is funny but pales by comparison.
You all need to lighten up a little.
Remember Joe keeps us entertained.
 cotter
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:42:51 PM

Really? So why don't you afford that same respect for President Bush ?
Listen ... I give respect to those who earn it. The "Shrub" has never earned it.

I could care less about a title. A person earns respect related to their actions ... not some title that might have been bestowed upon them. The "Shrub" disrespected the office he was holding. The "Shrub" is dumber than the dirt an actual shrub grows in. He's the scum of the earth as well as his gang of thugs. He was a continuous embarrassment to our country and did his best to dismantle our Constitution. That's why so many people have no respect for him ...
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml
The Rant
Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper'
By DOUG THOMPSON
Dec 10, 2005, 06:02

Last month, Republican Congressional leaders filed into the Oval Office to meet with President George W. Bush and talk about renewing the controversial USA Patriot Act.

Several provisions of the act, passed in the shell-shocked period immediately following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, caused enough anger that liberal groups like the American Civil Liberties Union had joined forces with prominent conservatives like Phyllis Schlafly and Bob Barr to oppose renewal.

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

I've talked to three people who were either present for the meeting that day or had knowledge of what happened inside the meeting and they all says the President of the United States called the Constitution "a goddamned piece of paper."

None, unfortunately, are willing to go on the record in a White House known for retribution against those who leak information.

To the Bush Administration, the Constitution of the United States is little more than toilet paper stained from all the shit that this group of power-mad despots have dumped on the freedoms that "goddamned piece of paper" used to guarantee.

As I said ... respect is earned. Just because he was able to steal a couple of elections does not mean he earns respect.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 9:43:07 PM
Sorry Cotter, according to fact check the story you posted is highly unlikely.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_president_bush_call_the_constitution_a.html

There's no record of Bush ever using these words in public and no other news organization has reported him using them privately. Thompson based his report on three sources whom he didn't name. He gave the date of the quote as "last month," which would put it sometime in November 2005.

Thompson told us he based the story on e-mail messages from three persons he knows, all of whom claim to have been present at a White House meeting and to have heard Bush make the statement. He said he finds their account credible: "Sometimes I just have to go with my gut, and my gut tells me he did say this."

Thompson's "gut" has proven to be a unreliable guide in the past, however. He has admitted quoting trusted sources in the past who later turned out to be frauds -- twice.

My addendum:

Also turns out Thompson may have a chip on his shoulder as he admits in other "reports". The CIA has a 114 page file on him.

Also according to factcheck Capitol Hill Blue is about as realiable as a '72 Pinto when it comes to straight facts.

As I said ... respect is earned. Just because he was able to steal a couple of elections does not mean he earns respect.

Oh, but Obama won his fair and square right?
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 24
Fox news.... Oops I did it Again...bad reporting!
Posted: 5/19/2009 11:10:21 PM
LOL, is this really news? I mean this guy makes an ass out of himself on a daily basis. I used to think it was funny, but now it's just sad.

Read the entire thread. He didn't even DO anything, fox news missreported it.

Oh come on guys, don't compare Cheney to Biden, it's not fair to Cheney, this is the guy who shot a man in the face while hunting drunk, and got the guy to appologize!
 cotter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 10:18:09 PM

... according to fact check the story you posted is highly unlikely.
I could care less if he really said it or not.

Actions speak louder than words. If he would have been in office much longer, he would have totally dismantled the Constitution. He had no respect for the Constitution and that was clear with many of the things he did ... taking away our rights.

He doesn't deserve any respect.

OT ...
We already know that Biden didn't give away any classified information.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > VP Joe Biden....