Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > would you get mad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 videogirl
Msg: 2
would you get mad Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Bullet dodged.... by both parties.
 sweetest_lady
Msg: 6
would you get mad
Posted: 5/18/2009 10:01:06 PM
What were you thinking? Why would you try to meet someone with all of that going on?

It really doesn't sound like you had much consideration for the person you were going to meet. You had to know you would be wiped out by the time you met up with him. You waited around hoping he would call when you could have gotten it together, met him and made the best of it even after a bad day.

Come on, be realistic! How would you feel if things were turned around and you were in his position? Would you give someone you didn't know a second chance to disrespect your time and effort?

Fortunately for both of you, id just wasn't meant to be!
 PiscesGirl66
Msg: 11
view profile
History
would you get mad
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:31:07 AM
he sounds immature - move on
 OutMind
Msg: 12
would you get mad
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:43:51 AM

Personally, I wouldn't have been mad but I would discontinue any further discussion. The OP was extremely rude and inconsiderate and there wasn't any good reason for it.

Bingo!!!

I personally would not have blocked the OP, but sent her a message that would read as follow:

"Talk to the hand."
 Cod57
Msg: 13
would you get mad
Posted: 5/19/2009 9:01:49 AM
The OP still had a chance to email him and tell him that she couldn't make the meeting. But didn't do so. I can understand why he was mad. Personally I might give a person the benefit of the doubt the first time. But if this happened again, then I would stop talking to that person.
 Lily0923
Msg: 18
view profile
History
would you get mad
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:07:29 PM
I wouldn't have been mad either, but I wouldn't talk to you again either... Standing someone up is inconsiderate, and rude...no matter what the EXCUSE. That's all you gave were excuses...not one reason in the lot.
 Lobo_Corazon
Msg: 20
view profile
History
would you get mad
Posted: 5/25/2009 9:17:19 PM
You said you weren't interested in him in the first place, so it's likely he was confused about your intentions. Flaking out probably set him straight.

Like others have said, I wouldn't waste the angst to be mad about it. But you'd have to do some serious grovelling to demonstrate you were interested enough to merit another shot and didn't flake just because you're that kind of person.
You obviously aren't going to do that with this guy (he has you blocked anyway, lol), so it's over - Move on to someone you're more interested in!
 hungry_joe
Msg: 24
view profile
History
would you get mad
Posted: 5/26/2009 6:31:18 PM
I think I would give you a second chance. However, if something simmular happened a second time I would figure that you weren't serious and play games with me. Sometimes, it might take a great effort to make a "date" just to be stood up, disappointed. Did he have to go across town to go to your meeting place? If it were me and I did, then I would think you think very little of me therefore, not worth my time or effort. This is why phone calls are important to everyone. Lesson learned have a hard copy written somewhere.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 31
would you get mad
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:37:10 AM
I don't blame him at all. If a man did that to me, I would do the same thing. People make time for what they really want to do.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > would you get mad