Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What are worthy criteria to be in love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What are worthy criteria to be in love?Page 1 of 1    
I don't know beershark, according to all the self proclaimed really nice guys, all women want are douchebagasshats. thus it is little surprise that the ultimate in douchebagasshats like Hitler and Castro had Gf's...

Love is an odd thing... Sometimes you can fall on your face and fall in love with a total douchebagasshat, and hate like hell that you have, and then sometimes you can fall in love wit someone that is totally sweet, wonderful and worth the while...

OP a worthy criteria is a subjective answer. It depends on the person.. Sometimes we fall in love with people because they treat us like we have wanted to be treated, but at the same time there are things we are missing out on, like them really enjoying the same hobbies we do..

Does that mean we should kick that person to the curb because they aren't perfect, and fit every criteria of what we think love should be??? Personally I don't think so, because that it seems like we'd never match up with anyone in this day and age of massive hobbies and interests..
 OutMind
Msg: 13
What are worthy criteria to be in love?
Posted: 5/19/2009 1:23:05 PM
A credit rating above 700.

Enough frequent flier miles to go to Paris and back.

A sample of ALL the Star War Happy meals ever sold at McDonalds.
 Senor_Taco
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 1:54:44 PM
My mind is usually pretty adamant about certain things...

Unfortunately, my heart has s hit for brains.
 Randominternetguy
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 6:22:58 PM

What, in your opinion, are worthy criteria to be in love with someone?

Whatever criteria you pick, I'm sure it could apply to many besides the object of your desire.

When I read your post, the revised question that popped into my mind was "What are criteria I could use to justify to others (or myself) that my feelings about someone are appropriate?"

Is a "good" reason to be in love really any better than a "bad" reason? I agree with others it's not really something you have a lot of control over. People are complex, and at least for me, sometimes there are reasons I can't comprehend as to why I like someone.

That being said, my experience tells me life is much easier when my heart and my head agree, but it's not always a choice I have.

Now if you change the question to long term compatability traits, maybe that's more along the answers you were looking for.

Bob
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What are worthy criteria to be in love?