Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Vasectomy - Is sex better with or without??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~rain~
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Vasectomy - Is sex better with or without??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Although comdoms are the best idea, when you dont know a parteners sexual past!

I think Vasectomies are fantastic!!! I just wish they would let me "legally" perform them!!

(evil laugh)
 newblue1970
Msg: 3
Vasectomy - Is sex better with or without??
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:51:30 AM
If you're done with kids its the best thing you can do. In a committed relationship it means sex anytime, anywhere, no interuptions and no complications from her being on the pill. Win win win all the way around...

I recently heard that some cultures have a stigma about vasectomies so they will refuse to do it. So its either invasive surgery for the wife, keeping her on drugs long term, or messing with condoms. Yuck.
 deerdog1
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:33:43 AM

I think Vasectomies are fantastic!!! I just wish they would let me "legally" perform them!!

(evil laugh)

I love you Rain ...well I love your humor and what I know of you from your posts
 starman89506
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:54:50 AM
It was a good choice for me, same story as Sparky. It is a lot of fun when people start showing off thier scars too!
Mine comes with a great story about the nurse who did the prep
 no_1_bby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 10:53:12 AM
I've had two partners who were snipped and it certainly added to the sponenaity of things. Brings new meaning to "anytime, anywhere"..
 newblue1970
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/19/2009 1:01:43 PM

If I get one done I will find me some babes at bar to hook up with and celebrate later that night.

Uh... no.... no you wont. You'll be sitting home with an icepack on your nads! You need to give yourself a few days off before hounding the ladies...
 StarreGazer
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/19/2009 1:18:46 PM

Msg: 1 -- Does anyone else have thoughts on the pros and cons of
Vasectomies??

OHH, YEAH, for the MAN it is ALL **PRO**!!!! I wish I had one when the
opportunity presented itself as a NO-COST CHOICE. Such a procedure
eliminates so MANY doubts on so MANY levels, the PRIMARY doubt being
TRUST. After all, I can NOT get her pregnant, so if she DOES get
pregnant it becomes HER fault, NOT mine, and she becomes TRASH to me
because of HER infidelity.

Umm, CONS?!? I can't think of any. I want NO children. I freely admit
that I could be a VERY abusive father, and NO child should EVER be
afflicted with THAT. For that reason, I search for a woman who has NO
children under the age of 21 and has NO desire for any. No cons here!

Msg: 5 -- Vasectomies rock.

I TOTALLY agree.

I am hopeful that my next S.O.will have been fixed as I'm not :(

I truly WISH I had one when the NO-EXPENSE opportunity presented
itself. That is my life-long regret. Up until now, I have EXCLUSIVELY
restricted myself to women who have been "fixed", and this has
suffocatingly restricted my opportunities.
 lakelake
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/19/2009 1:23:58 PM
What?? A vasectomy virtual painless? Hmmm... not sure I'd say that! It wasn't the most excruciating pain I've ever been thru, or even close to it, but pain free? I wouldn't say that either!

Oh and you will need to take it easy for a few days afterward. You don't have to be a couch potato but you are not going jogging fer sure!!

Every once in a while I do hear a story (and I emphasize "a story") about some guy that had the big V and is out working, playing and having sex right away with no pain.

I've also heard (and I believe this story) about some guy who feels great after the surgery and so disregards the doctors orders to take it easy....and he ends up paying big time with ALOT of pain and complications that he wouldn't have had if he'd have followed directions.

YMMV!

I will also say this...after 6 kids it was nice to not have to worry about pregnancy! And THAT enhances sex!!!
 StarreGazer
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/19/2009 1:51:53 PM

Msg: 14 -- What?? A vasectomy virtual painless?

Huh? I never said that, although it COULD wind up "virtually painless"
in the LONG RUN. I have heard of the complications, like the
possibility of being "invalid" for as long as a week or two. But the
END result is being PARENTLESS from THAT time ON!!!! Tell ME that is
not painless!

I will also say this...after 6 kids it was nice to not have to worry
about pregnancy! And THAT enhances sex!!!

From this comes my request again, tell me that it is NOT painless! The
removal of the pain of pregnancy DOES eliminate any PRELIMINARY pain,
does it not?

MY PERSONALITY **PRECLUDES** me from being a decent father, aside from
the fact I do not HAVE **OR** DESIRE any children. So, should I be
ABLE to endure the finances necessary for such a procedure, once the
agony of recovery is endured, it is OVER for me, regarding the FEAR of
pregnancy. And I SO FEAR pregnancy. This has overshadowed MOST of my
potential relationships. It seems MOST women WANT children. So, when a
healthy and fertile woman presents this possibility to me, I DROP her
like a HOT VOLCANIC ROCK!!!!
 doink 1962
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/19/2009 2:11:02 PM
Hmm not sure I get this question? It does not change how making love feels to you or at least it did not to me. I mean I can't tell a differance from before to now so I guess that's good and I am to old to think about anymore kids ,so good again! The only negative I can say is do not go play two softball games a day after your proceedure, it turns into hard ball real quick! OUCH
 egboy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 2:48:05 PM
If I get one done I will find me some babes at bar to hook up with and celebrate later that night.
I don't think you'll be hooking up with any one for about a week. Trust me. and you have to make shure you go back and get checked about every month for a year to make shure it took.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 6:59:58 PM
Friend of mine had his done, went home, had a beer, took the dog for a walk, and then went for a jog. No complications. Another friend had his done and the nicked something and he had footballs for testicles. I know another couple who have a walking, talking, breathing example that sometimes things can regenerate... so go back for your follow up appts!!!

Oh.. and depending on how much you orgasm.. it can take 2 wks to 4 mo to completely clear the pipes of all the left over swimmers.. so no barrier free sex to start with.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:01:02 PM
I can't wait to get mine.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:37:27 PM
Really? Me too! he he he
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:16:37 PM

What?? A vasectomy virtual painless? Hmmm... not sure I'd say that! It wasn't the most excruciating pain I've ever been thru, or even close to it, but pain free? I wouldn't say that either!

Compared to childbirth, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 9:13:14 PM
Had mine when I was in my twenties - bartered it for a free raft trip and took my doc down the river the next week. He did a great job - I was out mowing the grass that afternoon, had very little pain. The most painful part for me was shaving myself before the procedure - as you can see from my pic shaving is not something I practice much, and certainly not there.

I wasn't seeing anyone at the time, so it was a while before I could 'try it out', but it sure was nice not to have that nagging concern in the back of your mind that maybe the birth control wouldn't work, whichever method was being used, and it's great to be able to be spontaneous.

One benefit I hadn't anticipated was that when I started seeing a woman and told her I'd been fixed, I'd get one of two reactions: either she'd say "oh, goodie!", or "why did you go and do THAT?". The latter category, apparently, was more interested in me as a sire than a mate, and it was great to get that sorted out up front.

Twenty plus years later - no regrets!

Dave
 cotter
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 3:45:43 PM
I have spoken with many men who have had a vasectomy and I have yet to speak to one who said sex was not better. All of them are totally relieved that they can no longer sire any children and because of that ... they swear that the sex is much better and without worries.

My one and only long term partner since my divorce in 1993 had his vasectomy many years before meeting me. I had a total hysterectomy in 1985. My dog was spade. I used to make jokes about us being the house of "its". It was wonderful

Sex? ... as I used to say, it's all practice, practice, practice with me ...

... and I just love to practice.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/27/2009 4:20:48 PM
sex is better after a vasectomy for me. i had mine in my 20's.
no worries or anxiety.
 Jack317
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:00:18 PM
Had mine a few years ago. It went well and all the only thing was the doctor forgot to prescribe me an antibotic to take and after about a day or so it felt like I was constiantly being kicked in the balls. Got the meds and everything was cool after that.
 MIkeJ1904
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/28/2009 2:01:03 PM
I agree with poster #25.
The volume and intensity decreased after I got mine.
I went from a 12 gauge pump shotgun to a 22 cal so the actual orgasm isn't as great but it is well worth it for the peace of mind.
 gudtogo21
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/28/2009 3:27:05 PM
remember to spad and neuter your critter!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Vasectomy - Is sex better with or without??