Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > blonde haired guys      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sir Trancelot
Msg: 1
blonde haired guysPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Just wondering if there are any girls out there who actually prefer blonde hair for a guy. I have natural beautiful blonde hair, and have never dyed it or anything throughout my life. I've never met a girl who prefers blonde hair, rather its the same 'ol boring dark hair thing.
 bklynrebel
Msg: 2
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 1:17:56 PM
I like blond men, I like red haired men, I like dark men, I like MEN. (Speaking of blond men, Robert Redford and Brad Pitt come to mind, they've done OK. And that Dutch actor, Rutger Hauer, I used to be wild for him.) But your main photo doesn't do you justice. Try looking at the camera and smiling. And maybe a different hairstyle?
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 3
view profile
History
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 1:20:32 PM
Hmmm...You look like that guy from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
 24DegreeAngel
Msg: 4
view profile
History
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 1:27:15 PM
I have no preference personally
 eschec mat
Msg: 5
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 1:30:59 PM
I like blond hair, but you really should rethink your hair style. Comb overs and long hair don't look good at all. I would have to agree that you resemble Richard O'Brien, Rif Raf. Not a good look. I am sure if you had a stylist cut it you would get some body in your hair and it would be much more becoming on you.

Funny thing about hair is that although I have gone out with guys with blond hair, it isn't just the hair. It really is the person. My current bf has brown with gray hair and he looks great. It isn't the hair that makes the man.
 IslandBound2010
Msg: 6
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 3:16:42 PM
Wow, dude...

Your hair may be "natural, beautiful blonde" (a little bit narcissistic/fruity-sounding if you ask me); unfortunately, it is also severely receding...that, combined with your egg-shaped head, isn't doing you any favors.

Time for a new style, methinks. You might also want to revamp your profile. It comes across as...I dunno...a bit pompous? I don't think that's the word I am looking for, but can't think of the right one at the moment...
 clambroth
Msg: 7
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 4:42:39 PM
beetlejuice is back
 BBW2Love
Msg: 8
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 4:53:01 PM
I think you should shave it off. Go for the bald look. As to your profile, I think the other poster is wrong. I think women who are into health food, vegetarianism, green living and raving will respond to your profile.
 c_deacon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 5:28:47 PM
As far as I am concerned, I am just happy to still have a full head of hair, no matter the color......

I do not have to worry about blond at all, but gray is total different situation.......

Why sweat the small stuff, and just enjoy that you have it.

Just my opinion..........
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 10
view profile
History
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 5:57:17 PM
I guess this is a more negative example of the phrase "a lot of head is a good thing"...
Sorry! I had an itch, just had to scratch it!

OP...you brought attention to your hair. Now I'm not sure why but you did. In doing so , you also invited criticism. Unfortunately, I say it like it is, just as some others do.

Either your forehead is growing or you are experiencing serious hair loss and by the rate and age you are at, I'd say you won't be doing yourself any favors by wearing it longer on the sides and back like that.

Yes, I agree, it is very shiny and what hair you do have seems quite "beautiful" but your overall appearance due to the way you have it styled isn't as "beautiful" as it could be.

My suggestion...shave it off. It's a great look and might just work for you.
 clambroth
Msg: 11
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 6:17:01 PM
The other thing you'll find is women don't like comb overs. If you're balding (and you are) do it gracefully. A shoulder length comb over/comb back doesn't cut it. Your hair is what it is no matter how you try to disguise it. You're balding and you let it go shoulder length? Think Donald Trump. That contrived/dead animal/comb over/comb back pelt on his head is simply bizarre. be known for something besides your hair. Be what you are. Baldness is not the end of the world
 BBW2Love
Msg: 12
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 6:22:31 PM
^^^^Uh, yeah, I don't see the OP as the comb over type. He is not trying to mystify any body with his long hair. He just seems to like it long.
 Sir Trancelot
Msg: 13
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 9:06:57 PM
Wow.........

I never knew so many people are so critical of my hair. I didn't read one good response. No wonder I haven't had a date in two years. You guys pretty much affirmed the notion I've always had. Outward appearance is the most important aspect for attraction in life. If any of you knew how great of a personality I have, you'd realize that I am a very attractive guy. *lol*!
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 14
view profile
History
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 9:24:27 PM
Trancelot...it's just hair. You asked our opinion and we offered it.

Your conclusion though is false. Outward appearance is NOT the MOST important aspect of attraction (no one can argue that concretely) but we can establish that YOUR hair is causing perceptions to flourish around those observing you.

I like a guy with a "flexible" enough personality to realize that if his hair makes him bad, he'd change it.
 IslandBound2010
Msg: 15
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/21/2009 10:25:43 PM

Outward appearance is the most important aspect for attraction in life.

Not the most important aspect for attraction but, for most people, certainly a fairly major element.

Side note: I experimented with long hair from the age of about 14 until about 20 (1989 - 1995.) I don't regret it, but it wasn't the best choice for me either, because my hair had a tendency to curl up at the sides once it got to a certain length, while the back kept growing down. I guess it was a "natural mullet", ha ha. I think I woulda had better luck in high school with the chickies had I had a more suitable haircut.

Bottom line, I eventually acknowledged the fact that long hair wasn't working for me, and have since kept it reasonably shorn; at most, I let it get a little "moppy" on top these days.
 Mayor_McCheese
Msg: 16
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/22/2009 2:02:11 AM
You could always grow a mustache like Daniel Day-Lewis from Gangs of New York and sport a top hat and cane. I'm sure some girl would dig that.

See? Some of us can be helpful.
 mickey8701
Msg: 17
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/22/2009 2:05:36 AM
I think that you should just go bald. You'd be much more attractive physically and then people will be able to see your great personality
 eschec mat
Msg: 18
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/22/2009 7:45:10 AM

I never knew so many people are so critical of my hair. I didn't read one good response. No wonder I haven't had a date in two years. You guys pretty much affirmed the notion I've always had. Outward appearance is the most important aspect for attraction in life.
You asked about your hair. You pointed it out. We looked and we saw a man going bald that looks like a creepy character from Rocky Horror. You are on line. You are representing yourself by your photos and what you write. That is all we know about you. If a woman is creeped out by what she sees, she is not going to go any farther.

You might be a great date on Halloween, but don't you want to appear attractive on the outside the way you say you are on the inside?
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 19
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/22/2009 8:02:17 AM
actually I partially agree with you...physical attraction is really important online...but instead of getting offended by the advice you asked us to give...why dont you take it to heart. You may be the most attractive guy ever to green living electronica listening anime loving liquid music dancing girls...I somehow doubt that but ok...lets say hypothetically they are looking for a guy like you...who is likely older than that crowd...you still want her looking in your eyes...not at your odd hair do/dont.

I cant say much about your personality...because all i see in your profile is pretentious crap and a pain in the ass picky guy who hasnt really managed to grow up...but that is just my view. I have to live in the real world where advertising the way I dance isnt crucial to showing the depth of who I am...if you have nothing else to offer...then i suppose you did have to say something in that "about me box".

Oh hey...also put that you smoke weed closer to the top of your profile...so any girl who has outgrown that can save herself some moments in her life by not reading the rest of that crap...I am all about conservation.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 20
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/22/2009 8:16:46 AM

No wonder I haven't had a date in two years. You guys pretty much affirmed the notion I've always had. Outward appearance is the most important aspect for attraction in life. If any of you knew how great of a personality I have, you'd realize that I am a very attractive guy. *lol*!

Right, and your BLOND HAIR is the ONLY reason why you haven't had a date in two years!

Um, I do NOT think it is your hair that is "scaring" the girls away. Methinks they--and you--are using it as an excuse.

If your looks and personality were sparkling and sterling, a woman wouldn't care what color your hair is.

By the way--I do not mean to be rude or offensive, but I am a bit of a hair expert and even more so on long hair. You need to cut yours. It doesn't look particularly healthy, and the style is NOT flattering to you. A receding hairline is only accentuated by long hair, and if you were not using your hair as an excuse for why women avoid you, I would say *uck what other people think, but you obviously do care.

One thing that I dislike is the bald-ponytail look that many older men have. Shudder.
 Helen1967
Msg: 21
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/22/2009 8:21:07 AM

I never knew so many people are so critical of my hair.

It isn't your hair, it's the style in which you choose to wear it. The hair itself, I agree with you, is very pretty. However, wearing it long is unfortunate at best once it starts to abandon you (which I've noticed seems to happen very early for a lot of blond and red-haired men; go figure, I don't know).

Plenty of women do like blond men or just don't have a preference in hair color. But only a very few are going to be okay with this particular deliberate choice of style. Why limit yourself? Get out the clippers already!
 Marial92
Msg: 22
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/23/2009 5:44:41 AM
sir trancelot,

wow, i guess you learn something new every now and again.........lol

yep, your hair color is pretty and the fact that it's straight is cool as well but......

it looks like your hair is doing some serious receeding at your young age and you need to find a alternative hairstyle because this one isn't doing you any justice.

so, consider first to get a haircut that matches your hair loss and if that doesn't look good then get rid of it all.

to me hair color is not sooooooo important as if you even have any so long as what you have is worn as best as it can be.

and, i don't think anyone doubts that you're a great personality......has nothing to do with it but unfortunately, a lot of people like it or not or shallow or not do judge by appearance.

so, take the weekend and get a new dooooooooooo for you and then post us a new pic.

EDIT: oh, one other thing.........
because your hair is long and it's receeding..........the weight of your hair only pulls it down and adds to a not so good look. once you get it cut short, your hair should have some more natural volume to it...

and, for as old as i am, i never dated a blond haired guy..........for some reason, it just never happened......gawd, i wonder why......as i walk away scratching my head....lol
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 23
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/23/2009 7:07:41 AM
I have a "thing" for Sawyer from the tv show Lost. Is he blonde or sort of brownish blonde?? It's really more about the person I think.
 *topchef*
Msg: 24
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/23/2009 8:42:10 AM

I never knew so many people are so critical of my hair. I didn't read one good response. No wonder I haven't had a date in two years. You guys pretty much affirmed the notion I've always had. Outward appearance is the most important aspect for attraction in life. If any of you knew how great of a personality I have, you'd realize that I am a very attractive guy. *lol*!

I am mystified by someone who opens a thread asking for evaluation on a physical aspect of himself, then defends his appearance in the face of some harsh reality, by saying he has a great personality. You asked for feedback on your hair, and you got it. If you cant generate enough appeal by your photo, few are going to read your profile, and fewer still take the next step to meet you.

This is a 2 dimensional medium, you see pictures and you read words. A rare few are able to convey the essence of who they are through a handful of pictures and a decent bio. bigdaddyjinx comes to mind, there is a guy with long hair, who wears it well, and his bio tells you much about who he is, and the forums tell you more about his quality of character. Take a lesson from him and a few others, it may help.

FTR, I agree with the other posters who commented that that style isnt likely doing you much justice, BUT, if that is who you are, and who you want to be, dont change it for anyone. Just realize it may limit your available options, you would have to accept that.
 el lagarto
Msg: 25
blonde haired guys
Posted: 5/23/2009 2:13:01 PM
Works for me ! So does red, brown , black , silver , and none !
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > blonde haired guys