Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How many dates before......???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greyfeld
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How many dates before......???Page 1 of 1    
No.

This message is too short.
 13Barmor
Msg: 3
view profile
History
How many dates before......???
Posted: 5/23/2009 3:28:29 AM
There is no set rule. All relationships are different. You should make this decision based on your emotional connection, not a number of dates. I've had one relationship where I dated a girl for almost 2 months before we slept together. Another relationship, we did the deed after 4 dates covering a timeframe of roughly a week and a half. It all depends on the level of trust between the two involved.
Now this is just my opinion, but a girl who puts out on a first date is a bit of a skank. How much self-respect can a woman really have if she trivializes sex in such a way.
Thats my basic philosophy on the pursuit of sex with someone I date. Kissing however is completly different. There is a rule for this one. I always attempt a kiss on date number 3. Otherwise you run the risk of being put on the "friend list". Once you are friendlisted, you are pretty much stuck there.
 DocElffington
Msg: 4
view profile
History
How many dates before......???
Posted: 5/23/2009 3:37:52 AM
Here's the rule:
If I'm into her and I can get into her pants. I'm going to as soon as possible.

So........to answer your question. 1st date.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How many dates before......???