Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why not to reveal herself?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 halbailman
Msg: 1
Why not to reveal herself?Page 1 of 1    
Ok folks here, I have an issue... There was a girl who contacted me Annonymously on favebook via the honesty box application telling me she liked me in June of 2008... We chatted a while but she wouldnt reveal herself. We talked on the phone but she would not say who she was and I couldn't recognize the voice. Now I don't have caller ID so i was unable to call her back to chat when i really wanted to as I did not have her number.

Fast forward to A couple weeks ago and she calls me again after no contact for months, to wish me a happy birthday and say she hopes sometime we can meet and that something can work out between us, but still says she's too shy to reveal herself.

Questions:

1: Why do this?

2: Do most people expect that when you call someone they then have your number thanks to caller ID and will call you back if interested and thusly I looked uninterested in her?

3: How does finding her # from my detailed Bill on telus's website and calling it look (once i get my bill for 14 may-14 june 2009)
 BBW2Love
Msg: 2
Why not to reveal herself?
Posted: 5/24/2009 2:16:31 AM
If someone did that to me, I would think that they were pulling my chain.
 Estrella_Vamanos
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/24/2009 2:21:05 AM
1) I agree with the previous poster; she's paying a game. Whether it's a good game or a bad one remains to be seen.

2) I wouldn't expect someone to know it's all right to call me until I gave him my number, myself. I don't speak for everyone, though. (Nest time she calls, get her number right away! Ask, "Can I call you?")

3) I don't know how that would look to anyone but you and the credit card company you charged it to. If you're curious, and who wouldn't be, go for it.

Final word: This may not be as fun and nice a game as you might hope. If she really liked you, I don't think she would have let such a long time pass without calling you. So be prepared.
 itsmillertime6227
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/24/2009 2:22:51 AM
She's probably 400 lbs and is trying to get you to fall for her game and wants you to like her for her personality. There are lots of possibilities. And you have every right to look to see who called you. Nothing wrong with looking at the bill to see who the hell keeps talking to you. Very strange situation. Hope it's worth your time. Good luck.
 halbailman
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/24/2009 4:00:40 AM
thanks fior the insight
 kornbluth
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 4:00:47 AM

1: Why do this?

Because she's a total airhead--if she's really a she.

2: Do most people expect that when you call someone they then have your number thanks to caller ID and will call you back if interested...

Maybe. But then irrational behavior may as well be attributed to anything you can imagine.

3: How does finding her # from my detailed Bill on telus's website and calling it look
It looks like untying stupid knots that never should have been tied in the first place. It also looks like this caller is inconsistent and unstable. Bottom line: Nothing but trouble.
 bklynrebel
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/24/2009 4:46:50 AM
"She" sometimes turns out to be a "he she".
 Lori922
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/24/2009 4:57:09 AM
I wouldn't put forth another ounce of thought into this. She is playing games...and not a very nice one.

She probably does expect you have caller ID so she probably either blocked her # when calling (game) or hoped you would figure out who she was through her phone number.

If she's not playing a game then Im guessing she's really not someone you want to get involved with anyways.... she's embarrassed of herself for some reason.
 Bellydanza
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/24/2009 9:39:50 AM
Do you have a younger sister or female cousin??? honestly this would totally creep me out. I've had online stalkers before. It is not a nice experience. Be careful with this.
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/24/2009 12:47:16 PM
OP, in my experience, anonomous crushes turn out to be a bit weird.

It is telling that someone is so socially awkward that they cannot go and get what they want by being upfront. If they feel compelled to play, and hide, it usually means they have issues with themselves. JMO
 Worbug
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 12:50:05 PM
It's probably your "Homies". Even if you had caller ID, I guarantee the number would have been a blocked number. Don't bite. It's no fun for them unless you bite at the bait.

Even if it were a true case, would you want the drama of this being drug out waisting your time and perhaps, your hopes.

Good Luck
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 3:15:18 PM
She is probably 50 years old and weighs 300 pounds, that's why she's so shy about revealing herself.

Sure, call her if you can find her number. I guarantee something is wrong with her.
Pretty girls aren't usually this shy about revealing themselves.
 abelian
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/24/2009 3:46:48 PM

Fast forward to A couple weeks ago and she calls me again after no contact for months, to wish me a happy birthday and say she hopes sometime we can meet and that something can work out between us, but still says she's too shy to reveal herself.

Tell her to contact you when she's less shy.
 collecting moments
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 3:57:14 PM
scary,weird or both
 ShadowGal4u
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/24/2009 9:20:49 PM
Is she of age?? Seems a bit childish to me.
 halbailman
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/26/2009 11:01:42 PM

I'm sure that this is quite flattering for you but to be honest it just looks like hard work from where I'm sitting.

She could be an ex playing games ......... could be your present gf trying to catch you out ........ could be a nutter getting ready to cook your rabbit ....... + lots of other variables.

Some things are best left ......... although I do understand your curiosity!

1: I have all of two ex's both of whom I would recognize the voice of
2: I have no present girlfriend
3: Lets hope not
4: Yeah

I'm going to call on the 14th when i find the number, and I will post how it goes
 afashionlady
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/27/2009 3:15:46 AM
Yeah no....

Tell her via facebook that you're not interested in her any longer. Whether you are or not isn't the issue--you're allowing some crazy person to play a game with you.

Wanna know why she does it?

Cause she knows that you're hoping that she's your version of whatever woman you think is hot and will meet her regardless. And she's silly enough to think you'll like her even if she's not.
 sunny snow storm
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/27/2009 6:30:17 PM
i too think she is either pulling your chain.....or......she is someone you allready know.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why not to reveal herself?