Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alpinebryon
Msg: 1
view profile
History
POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIPPage 1 of 1    
OK ALL I AM BACK.
EVERYONE LEFT JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME JUST AS EVERYONE LEFT IT DUMPED AND DUMBED RAIN ALL DAY AND INTO THE NIGHT. .
Well it was a good float with old friends and new friends .We couldn't ask for a better group of people to hang out with.the weather was fairly good for Saturday the river was at ideal level it made all the best rapids even better.It was a bit nerve
racking for the first mile trying to teach a couple of people how to paddle.But after a couple of unforeeseen swims we got to gether and did a paddler partner swaps and for the rest of the day.It all worked outGiGi's neice took to a kayak like a duck to water.I was imprested I just showed her a couple of basic kayak paddle's and BOOM she got right off the bat.She turned out to be a good kayak paddler.Dena and her friend Carrol did a great job Too since the both of them only padded a canoe only once before.They ran all the rapids like the have been paddlen for years Even when they got hung up and a log jam they held they're cool untill we got them off with out flipping an going for a swim My hats off to them. .Saturday the weather was not as we would have liked it drizzlely over cast with a bit of rain.but it did not stop us from having a good time.The upper section of the North Fork was a good float we got GiGi in Gina's kayak and her neice in Billys kayak even thou GiGi never even paddled a kayak before she tryed her best even thou she went for a swim 3 time's it did not faze her at all.She did a good job paddling a white water play boat kayak(a very diffacult boat to paddle even for me)She went in circles for a bit but after a while she got it down. Well as soon as I get a chance I will down load photos and if any one has photo's I will give them permision to up load them.But for right now I am going to take a long hot shower and take a nap.Bryon

previouslyme
Msg: 2
POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP
Posted: 5/26/2009 6:52:49 PM
Awesome! I am glad you had a safe and fun float! Sounds like you have created some new paddlers for assisting you with future float trainings!
 alpinebryon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP
Posted: 5/31/2009 8:23:37 AM
I HAD A BUNCH OF PHOTOS A LONG WITH A FEW VIDEO'S.I DOWN LOADED THEM ON THE COMPUTER AND DELITED THEM FROM MY CAMERA.AND BEFORE I HAD A CHANCE TO MAKE A FOLDER AND SAVE THEM MY COMPUTER CRASHED AND I LOST THEM ALL
 alpinebryon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP
Posted: 5/31/2009 8:24:21 AM
SO IF ANY ONE HAS SOME I WILL GIVE THEM PERMISION TO POST THEM
 RhondaLynn1122
Msg: 5
POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP
Posted: 6/2/2009 6:24:20 AM
Theresa and I are looking at some dates for a float on the Meramec River out of Sullivan MO. The weekend would include a pig roast. We are trying to see how many folks would be interested before securing the date with the resort. We are looking at the weekend of 7/31-8/1 or 8/14-8/15 or 8/21-8/22. The weekend of July 31 we would be limited to tent and RV camping. We are looking for some feedback to see how many may be interested.
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 6
POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP
Posted: 6/2/2009 9:27:15 AM
Bryan, I actually have quite a few pics from our recent float, but have no idea how, or where to post them. I'll be glad to put em up if you'll point me in the right direction, and probaly coach me a bit as well, duh, lol.
I'd love to put together another float trip before long, as it seems we're finding a group of serious floaters do exist here, and some that actually like getting away from all the drunken teenagers and truly enjoy the beauty of the rivers,... on the river, not just sitting on the banks, lol.
If you know of any, please give me a heads up, and I'll be there.
Who's up for the Current, Jacks Fork (tubing anyone?), or the Eleven point?
Maybe the Buffalo?
Sam
 alpinebryon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP
Posted: 6/2/2009 1:19:49 PM
HEY SAM IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOME PHOTOS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.IS GO TO THE TOP OF THE FIRST THREAD AND YOU WILL SEE ADD PHOTO'S.JUST CLICK ON IT AND YOU CAN ADD YOUR PHOTOS.I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME OF THEM SINCE I SCREWED UP AND HAD MINE DELITED BY MISSTAKE.
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 8
POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP
Posted: 6/2/2009 2:07:30 PM
OK Bryon, I've uploaded some of the better pics from the Northfork float under your firt posign this thread, hope you like em. Sorry your's got crashed, guess you'll just to take more this coming weekend.
Sam
 alpinebryon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP
Posted: 6/2/2009 2:15:53 PM
ALL RIGHT GOOD ON YA SAM I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID SUCH A BONE HEADED THING.BY DELITING THEM OFF OF MY CAMERA BEFORE MAKING SURE THAT THEY DOWN LOAD ON THE COMPUTER FIRST.NEXT TIME I WILL WAIT TO SEE IF THEY ARE ON THE COMPUTER BEFORE I DELIT THEM OFF MY CAMERA.I LOST PHOTOS AND A FEW VIDEO'S.mmmmm
 GiGi046
Msg: 10
view profile
History
POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP
Posted: 6/2/2009 5:53:06 PM
Okay so I got some of them.......it was a good trip........and I now know I can kayak......wonders never cease. Bryon, thanks again for all the great lessons, wouldn't have made it without you.......
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > POF ANNUAL FLOAT TRIP