Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is gay cheating the same?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 want to travel
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Is gay cheating the same?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i suppose its not cheating, if the woman is up front about it, and you agree, people are born the way they are, they cant help it
 TooShadows
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Is gay cheating the same?
Posted: 5/26/2009 2:53:06 PM
It's only cheating if you don't know about it. My girlfriend is bi,and I've told her she can have sex with all the women she wants as long as she lets me know she's doing it.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 2:58:23 PM
Cheating is simply doing something behind your partner's back, without their knowledge and consent that you couldn't do infront of them.

If I'm in a monogamous relationship with someone.. regardless if that person was with someone of the same gender or not, it would be considered cheating.

I mean if I'm dating a girl and I see her kiss another man on the lips I might go crazy, but if it's a woman I wouldn't get the least bit offended.

Why the double standard???
 ForumFilly
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/26/2009 3:09:49 PM
To me, cheating is cheating no matter whether it is with a man or a woman. I do not cheat on my partner and I expect the same restraint on his part.
 MsMicki
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 3:18:31 PM
People and their double standards amaze me.

The "As Long As I Can Get My Rocks Off To the Dirty Little Details Afterwards"
mentallity is gonna bite you in the ass one day.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/26/2009 4:42:57 PM
Cheating is cheating is cheating...whether it is straight, gay, or whatever. Dry humping in the back of the car counts, too...as does kissing, oral sex or hiring a hooker. Anything that gets you sexually charged counts as cheating. Don't do it and no one will get pissed.
Beth
 MsMicki
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:10:38 PM
Obviously, as long as it turns a man on to think of his woman w/ another woman.....
then it's OK!
Till his woman meets a woman that gives her oral like she's never recieved from a man.....and leaves him for her.....
then she is a two timing biotch!
 Cod57
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:37:32 PM
Yes. I would be angry if a boyfriend cheated on me. Whether it was with a man, woman, or a dog. LOL.
 MsMicki
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:20:09 PM
being bisexual is no excuse to cheat.

I agree........if you want both worlds......don't commit to one of them.
 susan_cd
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:02:32 AM
If you need to keep it a secret from your partner, it doesn't matter if it's gay, straight, phone sex, or cybersex it's all cheating.
 arwen52
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 9:36:50 AM
I think the matter of what is "cheating" depends on the agreement between two people. If your agreement is to be completely monogamous, then it doesn't matter who the other party is.

I know a few hetero couples where the guy tolerates the woman having occasional encounters with other women and doesn't consider it cheating.

As far as we've come in being more tolerant of homosexuality, it's still a big taboo for a lot of people and probably difficult for many men to integrate about themselves. There are men who don't realize they're gay, get married, and then figure it out. There are men who realize it but think getting married and having sex with women will "cure" them. And there are men who are bisexual and this creates a dilemma. Some bisexual people have no difficulty being monogamous but some have a hard time giving up sex with one or the other. If they have an understanding partner and a strong relationship, they may be able to be open about it. However, not all partners can deal very well with such a situation. This creates a real bind: either give up the possibility of that aspect of yourself and live with the frustration of it forever or be secretive about it. It's a tough situation to be in.

No matter what, if your partner believes you are being monogamous, make sure you take measures to protect them from getting any STDs.
 MsMicki
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 7:33:27 PM

it is called open relationships, my god ppl sayin its cheating. how is it cheating when both partners have talked and agreed with an open relationship?

The general concensus is if you have discussed it with your partner and they agree to an open relationship.......it's not cheating.

We only think it's considered cheating if you are not honest w/ your partner about it.
No matter what gender your partner is.
 tazloveyou
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2011 6:01:08 PM
Yes women seem to have a hard time with the issue. but how many women would feel that way if they got into a lesbian relationship after they were married? Would that be ok in their books?
 sillyfilly
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 3:06:58 PM
Zebra Circle, I agree 100% with Accidentally in Love. Using a woman to hide behind while have sexual relation with your gay friends makes the whole relationship nothing but a farce. There is no excuse or rationalization for cheating, but when your straight relationship is nothing but your closet cover, then, yes you deserve all the bashing you get.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is gay cheating the same?