Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Monogamy Service      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 no_1_bby
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Monogamy ServicePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
In a relationship, 10 years... and could have gone the rest of my life.
Not in a relationship (abstinant), 5 yrs, 2+ yrs (after my separation), various and assorted months here and there as well.

I've been in a relationship that we both cheated... it lasted 3.5 yrs, two planned weddings (neither of which happened)... so not sure if your theory is accurate.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 3
Monogamy Service
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:18:48 PM
I was monogamous for 6 years, could have gone forever. I don't cheat in any relationship, and I like it that way. Monogamy is a good thing, and I like the fact that I am in a solid, monogamous relationship now. Don't want it any other way.
Beth
 yyours
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Monogamy Service
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:11:12 PM
I have been married twice and never cheated. I have only cheated during a relationship once, however my gf was off in another state doing the same thing and got mad at me. 1st marriage lasted 4 years. 2nd marriage lasted almost 10 years. I prefer monogamy as it is allot safer and easier than lying all the time. I went 3 years abstaining once. I don't think that abstaining is a foreshadowing of their ability to be faithful, but I wouldn't discount it either. Hope this helps.
 ForumFilly
Msg: 9
Monogamy Service
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:48:39 PM
My longest relationship was 8 years and I never would have cheated on him, no matter what. I've never cheated in any relationship I've been in. It's just not in my character to do so.

The length of time you can will be faithful is in no way tied to the length of time you can remain celibate between relationships. I've always been a monogamous person. The longest I've been celibate as an adult is 2 1/2 years. I could easily be monogamous for my entire life. I have no desire to be with anyone else but the man in my life. Period. It isn't even a fleeting thought. It just would never happen.
 TooShadows
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Monogamy Service
Posted: 5/27/2009 6:34:02 AM
The relationship I'm in right now has been 8 years and counting with no cheating on my part.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Monogamy Service
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:07:59 AM
Monogamy and a long term relationship go hand in hand. Simple as that.
I could never cheat.
I don't go around having sex with other people while I'm with someone. Well, unless she wants a threesome. LOL!

My longest relationship? Over 2 years... was going to ask her to marry me... until I caught her cheating. LOL!

I'd also like to know if the length of time a person can be faithful is perhaps foreshadowed in their ability to restrain from having sex between relationships.

I don't get it. How do those things have anything to do with each other?
I am not one to just go sleeping around. Yeah, I've made dumb choices in the past, and been used from time to time for sex. But, that's life. :p

If you're in a relationship, you're faithful.
If you're not in a relationship, then what you do is your own choice.

Do you think that if someone's not in a long term relationship, they're not allowed to have sex?
Do you think that someone who might sleep around a bit while they're single, can't be faithful?

I don't see how those are tied.
A good person is faithful ALWAYS.
Cheaters will cheat, always. It's simply in their nature. Some do it because they enjoy to, others do it because they can't help themselves.
 OutMind
Msg: 18
Monogamy Service
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:33:05 AM
It was 20 years and I never cheated. When she did, pooff, it was over.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Monogamy Service
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:40:05 AM
I've gone three years before in a completely monogamous relationship.

I'd also like to know if the length of time a person can be faithful is perhaps foreshadowed in their ability to restrain from having sex between relationships.

I've never seen any correlation. In fact, being in a relationship sometimes makes a person a magnet for the opposite sex. There are more opportunities to have a number of different partners when one is in a relationship than when one isn't, so being celibate while single is not a guaranteed precursor to future faithfulness.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Monogamy Service
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:14:41 AM
I've gone 25-plus years in a completely monogamous relationship. As spitfire noted, the other issue has no correlation - if I'm dating, I'm probably not going to abstain.
 kickingfate
Msg: 33
Monogamy Service
Posted: 5/30/2009 7:49:34 AM
never have cheated, never will cheat on someone. I saw the damage it did to my mother when my father cheated and i refuse to put a woman or myself through that hell.

I will stay monogamous until the bitter end..once either one of us says its over, then its game on..but until then i couldn't cheat and look myself in the mirror.
 egboy
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Monogamy Service
Posted: 5/30/2009 8:44:04 AM
26yrs for me. It wasn't easy she didn't like sex and only give it to me 4 to 6 times a year
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Monogamy Service