Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jbug70
Msg: 1
view profile
History
is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
his favorite color is purple..he asks me if his belly is bigger than the next guys as he's walking by [isnt that a girl thing?],instead of flipping the bird to someone who cut him off, he says he was cool and blew him a kiss, i told him he was asking to get his ass kicked..he asks me to go ask the waiter for the check since we had been waiting over an hour...he said he was like "the wife" in his former relationship, doing all the house cleaning,cooking,shopping..this is the third one in the row for me..cant there be nice and testosterone in the same package???
 Greyfeld
Msg: 2
view profile
History
is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..
Posted: 5/27/2009 4:12:23 PM
if you hate his personality so much, why are you dating him?
 chameleonf
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/27/2009 4:17:35 PM
Maybe you're being used as a guy magnet??
 michaeld70
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Because....
Posted: 5/27/2009 5:34:41 PM
3rd guy in a row...perhaps its that bar you meet them in...you know...you and a waitress are the only females inside....
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/27/2009 6:37:07 PM
Blowing kisses at drivers who cut him off? hell, I grew in Nova Scotia and people are damn friendly - they blow the horn to say hello, but they're not so friendly that they blow kisses, lol. I think what you've got there is highly evolved metrosexual or he's playing on the wrong team - not that there's anything wrong with it, but why waste each other's time?
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/27/2009 6:37:12 PM
Wow! I like some testosterone in my man. I want to feel like I'm with a man and not with one of my girlfriends. Every woman wants a caring, loving man, as well as sensitive, but this is just a bit weird, imo.
 readyornot57
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 6:44:18 PM

he asks me if his belly is bigger than the next guys as he's walking by

If he was gay he would be asking if his a$$ was bigger, so you are okay there.
You could always answer "No, but I have slept with that guy and his dikk is WAYYY
bigger."

he asks me to go ask the waiter for the check

He isn't into the waiter, that is good.

But as far as being the "wife" in the former relationship.....if he starts with the "woman trapped in a man's body "stuff, it is time to cut and run

Cant there be nice and testosterone in the same package???

No. There can't.

Okay, maybe five or six guys.....but with twenty million women after them, what are the odds?
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/27/2009 6:55:09 PM

I don't know, but chicks seem astounded when they find out I have more personal products then they do and it takes me about 2 hours to out if it is upscale.

The username 'Like a Soldier' is quite misleading. I'd expect a soldier to be up and ready to go at a moment's notice
 barbee1970
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:20:21 PM
Probably one of those metrosexuals. They have to get facials and their nails done, like having another woman around.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/27/2009 10:04:26 PM
OP is he from Orange County of the city of Los Angeles?

I think this whole reliving of the 80's Boy George, George Michaels, and Duran Duran foo foo metrosexual crap is pathetic.

If you are not into it don't date him. The guys I know don't get their nails done, don't wear make up, or blow kisses. If they did I might beat the crap out of them. I mean I know people crave attention but it's ridiculous.

Man up and be a man or turn in your man card and watch American Idol reruns with Clay Aikens in it.
 Icthus26
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/28/2009 8:18:34 AM

I've said it a hundred times, there is a serious lack of men in society..no one owns up to anything.

This is dead-on. It's been a while since men were actually expected to be responsible for anything, especially themselves. Gender roles are disappearing (to the joy of some and chagrin of others) and "real men" are leaving with them. If you want a guy to really act like a man, it also means that he's probably really going to treat you like a woman, in the traditional sense of that role.

I would question if you allow that or not. I'm guessing that in most of your relationships you expect a man to treat you with a very modern sense of equality and unbiased gender roles. This isn't going to attract a lot of "real men" because their sense of relationships and gender roles will be more old fashioned and less modern.

Metrosexual is the modern man's idea of safe and edgy. That's what men are now taught is an acceptable way to really attract women with modern sophistication and education. Love it or hate it, that's just how it is.
 CookieLady66
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/28/2009 8:21:42 AM
Stay away from guys like this & give them a chance to find someone who DOES like/love them for who they are.

BTW...I think blowing a kiss to someone if they're being a jerk is HILARIOUS!
 OutMind
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/28/2009 9:14:38 AM
You know what. Stop b itching. The one thing constant in your metrosexual problem IS YOU. YOU are picking these men. I wouldn't be surprised that this is what is going on. You like very attractive men. Who in terms are very metrosexual, and very much what you just said. So start going with real men, men that do not shave, men that smell, men that do sports, men that have a killer instinct in them. But these men are also going to tell you, can you be quiet during the game and can you go get me a beer?

Ahh, but can you handle that? Do you want that? Then find that. Real men are right in front of you.
 abelian
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:50:03 AM

.this is the third one in the row for me..cant there be nice and testosterone in the same package???

I don't think you are really asking for nice and testosterone in the same package. I'm sure there are plenty of those. What you are really asking is why can't effeminate men have more testosterone and that answer is obvious.
 daynadaze
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 11:11:04 AM
He's who he is and you are the one who is dating him yet you bring this here so the insecure can laugh at him and show their manhood. Leave the man alone, if you don't like him, don't date him. As for why don't 'tweeners' pick a side, WTF?, should they have to because some bigots can't handle anything outside their comprehension level?
 OCMALE08
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/28/2009 1:31:21 PM
Not sure if he's gay but he does sound like a pansy or at a minimum doesn't have much of a backbone let alone much testosterone.

If this is the third kind guy in a row like this for you, maybe you need to change some the characteristics you are looking for. Maybe not look for someone who's quite so "sweet". There are guys out there who can treate a woman with respect and kindness and still have a backbone and arent' so insecure.
 readyornot57
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 1:48:58 PM
A metro is more than just appearance. He is more likely to have a trait that the testosterone overloaded doesn't......good conversationalist and also, he is more willing to compromise......
This is something women SAY they want.
Then they ask for a more "manly" guy.....but only in certain areas.

The "manly" guy is less likely to compromise.....he will tell her what HE is going to do.
then he will tell her what SHE is going to do. And she better do it.

So, in this example, I agree with the poster who said this behavior is taught.....because we are, as a society, encouraging more conversation and compromise in the family unit.

C'mon, women, are you really into the testosterone guys? And not with a "But only if he........" disclaimer.
 jbug70
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 2:10:13 PM
wow..i didnt know everyone would get so hot under the collar re this one....
i was just asking[so i thought] if someone would find these traits a concern as well.. i think i was mistaken in calling him a "metro" as he does not wear makeup or get pedicures.. i will go with the term effeminate.. he is not a "pretty boy" either..just average looking...
i dont believe i'm "picking" them..i am just finding that after a few weeks of my past 3 relationships..i have found these effeminate characteristic to evolve..i try to ignore them and give them another chance but[another thing i left out] when a man calls his organ his "pee pee"....i begin to wonder...
i am just perplexed at this latest round of effeminate guys thats all..after being married to a "bad boy" for 20 years...i was hoping for someone more considerate and kind..but if that means dating someone where i feel like i am the "pants" in the relationship-and i am very understanding and non-dominant...just looking for an equal partner...this just seems like a strange role for me.....and i dont like it...
i dont want a bad boy but i dont want a pansy either......by some of your comments i guess thats almost impossible to come by....
 readyornot57
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 4:29:18 PM
"PEE PEE!!!!!"
NO!!! Really??????

You know, he sounds more childlike than he does effeminate.....and I would bet ten bucks he had a domineering mother. And yes, that is VERY amateur pyschology.

Just tell him to talk differently....bring it up....and mention that it really turns you off when he does so. That would be enough to change me, for sure.
 star*tossed
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/28/2009 4:50:36 PM

when a man calls his organ his "pee pee"....i begin to wonder...

It's at this point that I cease to wonder and begin to change my phone numbers, and walk rapidly away.

Mass-holes was hilarious. Really.
And did someone spike wicked's muffins?
 Gideon_70
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/28/2009 11:57:48 PM
First of all, I like purple, lol. Second I'm "nice" by my own definition of nice, which does include a little road rage on occasion. But I ahve a huge question about what you wrote and a solution for you as well.

First, you write that you want someone nice. Yet, when he blows a kiss to someone who cut him off, you don't like it because it was "nice." You seem to want to have some frankenstien combination of both worlds.

Now, the solution. First, take a look at yourself and ask yourself if when you are in a relationship with a masculine guy - do you do things to piss him off? Oh, like trying to tell him what to do, or, second guessing him? If you do, then you are not looking for someone to be the man, you are looking for someone to be the son. Next;

I see that you are a nurse. Take a look at some of the literature about testosterone overdose and testosterone usages and disgnostic expectations.

Lastly, I agree, call the man's ex and find out what she did to neuter him so effectively. My guess is that she spent her time telling him how she was better at everything than he was then taking one job at a time away from him until he might as well have put on the dress.
 shtrbg
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/29/2009 6:52:50 AM
Here is a thought to ponder..........................
Is it possible for men and woman to be sexually attracted or aroused by the their same sex counterparts and not be homosexual?
Or is this a matter of degrees and/or choice?
 chubbyguy420
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/30/2009 6:44:11 PM
this is easy just crush up some testosterone pills and put them in his cereal. I don't know how you would get the pills but that can't be that hard.
 cncgandolf
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2009 7:43:11 PM
"he asks me to go ask the waiter for the check since we had been waiting over an hour...he said he was like "the wife" in his former relationship, doing all the house cleaning,cooking,shopping"

I like the blow kisses idea. I raised both of my sons to be quite good at cleaning, cooking, shopping. I did not want them to marry in order to have someone who could do those things. I am quite happy with men who can do those things. Nah, the one I wasn't happy with was him sending you to go ask the waiter. That was whimpy ... hiding behind skirts is what we used to call it. I won't insult any group by calling it that group ... just whimpy.

Look to see what in their profiles might forewarn you that they are whimpy and avoid that.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/30/2009 11:59:42 PM

Maybe you're being used as a guy magnet??

lol...Chameleonf I was thinking along the same line.

There is nothing that turns me off more then a wussy man!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..