Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Whats the Issue With Men in Australia ..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 greyingred
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Whats the Issue With Men in Australia ..Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Not a man, sorry...no I am not lol...but...they have no idea about the art of polite flirting...I so miss the european men. Here mostly if you do that they misconstrue it as easy...sheesh...and then they get peeved if they find the door was never truly open. Also a fair amount are intimidated by women with style. I do not wear makeup, dress classic and it amuses me the amount of times I am called glamorous...DO WOT? I wish. As for sensually sexy women can scare the bejasus outa most.

There is an insecurity here with their roles as men. It's macho and stud and not well educated (proud of it too)(i.e. no sense of sensuality and emotional intimacy thats for poofs and we hate them) or its educated wimps and poofters and often the women do not help.

Also there is the archetypal relationship here..read some short stories and see a few b class Aussie movies to get a jist of what the modern woman is up against. The myths of rough, hard, do or die men is valid for the first few generations because it was bloody hard but unfortunately the stories we can tell our sons are moving SOOSOOOOOO slowly. Thank your lucky stars you are in a city....the outback can be frightening prudish, judgemental and women seriously huddle at one end of the party whilst the men go out to the shed.

Okay huge generalisations here but DEAL WITH IT. I love this country and not all men are like this but rub their polish hard and it is rare to find a diamond most are tinnies, sport, and thongs underneath the PC veneer especially in a crowd. Note that I am only recalling from my observations of my generation and the youngesters are better however parents part shape kids. It will take time and not all is bad, there is an honesty and lack of reverence that is refreshing and I whole heartedly embrace.

also you must have heard this joke..whats the definition of australian foreplay? "You awake Sheila? Roll over!"
 smothy
Msg: 11
Whats the Issue With Men in Australia ..
Posted: 6/4/2009 7:44:00 PM
love ya hilly
If the aussie style dosn.t suit you don.t stay.
 greyingred
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2009 10:56:15 PM

take an Aussie bloke and multiply all his faults by 10 and there you have a British bloke.....plus you get the added bonus of him being pasty white and wearing socks with his sandals.

Canna disagree about the pasty white and FFS black socks with sandals and shorts that belong out of the Livingstone era.

I only bash men if they ask me to and pay enough...takes away valuable energy from bashing myself.

Kontra: I plead being a girlie girl when it suits the occasion and I think I can get away with it.
 greyingred
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2009 11:27:38 PM
whooops glitching again
 greyingred
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2009 11:28:19 PM
did I fail to mention I glitch when editing silly things like punctuation..tis a new thread @what's up with these immigrant certified aussie chicks that claim to have an education?
 greyingred
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 3:41:01 AM

@Any non-Australian living in Australia - Get out of the cities. They're not the real Australia. They're little facsimiles of every other city in the world. Can't even see the stars, or the horizon, and everyone is rude.

BOLLOCKS but only the the everyone one is rude bit The rest is fine....An Aussie poet once described the cities as teaming festering sores.
 greyingred
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 6:49:16 AM
bloomers, waists highs, g strings, no knickers, my 10yr old y fronts....makes no difference at all. AM considering cast iron knickers cos Aussie men love a challenge.
 Aussie_Striker
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 7:03:04 AM

-I've also begun to think competition with the girls in Australia is hard!!! These women are super models, I'm short and, lets face it, not the skinniest of girls.

I was just inquiring about men in Sydney, who seem to be either gay, already in a relationship or undecided. Maybe its the age...most of these men were in their mid-20's...I'm 22. I guess age may play a HUGE role in all of this.

Maybe there is a lot of generalisations. I find that my age sems to put off a lot of womeon. Well at least thats what I think it is, having kids doesn't help. Just because you are not skinny does not mean you will not find plenty of guys that find you attractive. Online is really a womans game. Men get what they can because the women have all the choice. The Aussie women you mention are not your competition at all becasue you will find that 90% of them can get whoever they want online and will. With the great disparity of guys to women on dating sites, this still leaves 90% of the guys online with nothing.
As for age and maturity/knowing what they want. Ask any woman that has been around guys much and they will tell you that most guys under 30 aren't worth your time. Problem is at your age they are the guys you are targeting. If you want someone decent online you have to up your age preference. Sure some of those will still not be any better but on a percentage basis it improves immeasurably.

Hope this helps.
 scuzzi_au
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 7:34:15 PM
pffft... no pleasin some sheilas.
 greyingred
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 3:50:50 AM

Brissy has all the surfer girls, Melbourne has all the sophisticated chicks, and what does my hometown of Sydney have?

typical....Perth never gets a mention.

In many ways Perth and WA is the most remarkable, obtuse to the right angle of Aussie square. Where even if you are a round peg, the square hole is so big you pop straight through and .... (leaves above sentence in risk of double entendres but hopes by acknowledging it no one will bite). The men here if one is boxing individuals, fall into many categories but the predominant one within each socio-economic background is stereotypical to the max and I applaude the whole hearted approach, tis very Aussie of them. The women....meh...I fall outside categories apart from others' projections and sometimes tis such fun to play their daft games and watch them losewhilst thinking they are winning, tis the polite English manners in me.
 greyingred
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 8:47:26 AM

seriously though, there are good men around OP and eventually you will come across one. The d1ckheads who show their true colours early are just saving you the trouble of figuring it out yourself.

Thanks and yeah I know. It takes all sorts and my ego is there but self aware. Sometimes.
 tarvold
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 3:52:16 AM
^^^ (SARCASM ON) be careful Kats, since we can't pick on Indian students anymore, you Canadians make a pretty nice target (SARCASM OFF)

Truth is, Australia is behind. Very, very, very damn far behind... But behind isn't always such a bad thing... is it?
 djrdx
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 6:57:53 AM
whats the deal with aussie women too?
i fly all this way to meet some beer swilling aussie sheila....
and then i find they've become all cultured and stuff...
its not fair at all i tells ya!
 nevaagin
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/27/2009 8:36:33 PM
just to correct a previous poster's litercy ... being 'opiniated 'is not really a good thing to be . It does not mean that you have an opinion re an issue . Humbly yours , nevaagin , however passionate defence of one's opinion is OK but always think ahead and though you may well be a 'strong' woman , others of us just think we are women , human beings who happen to be women and we may be strong or not strong . What is a 'strong' woman ? What exactly do you mean ?And , of course , the corollary , what is a weak woman ?
 dargie49
Msg: 76
Posted: 7/3/2009 5:59:23 PM
just an aside , mate. cane toads are an introduced pest (like rabbits, foxes , camels, sparrows etc. ) definitely not native. some Indigenous Australians consider all us Caucasians an introduced pest , too , but that's another story.
 nevaagin
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/5/2009 3:28:26 PM
I don't agree that Aussies are secure in their OZness . We go bounding off to Europe if we can and , just ask an Aussie about his/her ancestry and you listen to a long story of how their family go way back to Ireland or Britain and if they were sent over as convicts , well it was only for pinching a loaf of bread , and this is mostly true ... the convicts were just a way for Mother England to offload the denizens of it's overcrowded goal system . But our hearts still long for European things and all our traditions ... dear Lord , who hasn't suffered thru Xmas on a terribly hot day and stuffed themselves with turkey and hot pudding etc . !
 nevaagin
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/5/2009 7:07:19 PM
If someone could tell me what 'our unique spin on it ' means it would be useful to the debate here . Describe a unique spin on what was it you meant ? Hacking into mallee scrub has been done in other types of scrub by early English settlers everywhere the English settled .
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 10:47:06 PM
I sometimes get the feeling that people tend to say they want something, but when it seems to be getting serious, there is an allergic reaction to the concept of commitment.

I just had a picture in my mind of a scene from Monty Python's Holy Grail, when the knights see the dragon, then shout "Run Away, Run Away"
 poipleportboi
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2009 8:39:19 AM
This is from an Australian born bloke... dont let my appearence fool ya Im part Filopino and Part Czech but born here in Australia Ive been seeing some of these interesting posts around here. Hear me out Because I can explain some areas.

I have always been single, I have never been on a relationship so thats why im on this site. I have been nightclubbing since I was 18. Yes I might get the occasional phone number and occasionally they turn out to be fake but thats as far I can get. Keep in Mind I live in Adelaide in South Australia. Sydney in New South Wales might be different altogether.

A guy like me in ways is how can describe it "not confident". When I go out night clubbing I NEVER go to a group of Ladies who are hanging with their friends! Reason: If I approach them and talk to them, they will laugh at me and shoot me down leading to being scared, imtimidated and having my confidence dented.

I always try to talk to Ladies if they are by themselves so I can interact with them. Usually most times I ask whether thay are single they turn out to be taken!

Some Aussie men do get nervous speaking to other Ladies espcially attractive ones such as yourself. I would too.

Its weird everytime I go clubbing I have never seen a girl make the 1st move towards a guy. Its always the guy approaching the girl.

You could say im a shy bloke... I guess im not the only one.

To be honest im starting to think whether its even worth going out to the city this Saturday night.

Ah well the search for finding a nice lady continues on... Ive said my bit.

One last thing.... You said you are from Miami? Ive been to the US 3 years ago and let me tell you something... Miami kicks ass!
 nevaagin
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/11/2009 12:53:35 AM
It would seem logical that you are a man before you are 'dubbed' a bloke . I suppose though it would in the long run, and the long run is what counts, that you may well be 'blokey' rather than 'manly' . How you integrate the two hasn't bothered me much ... hang on , yes it has , I like men better than blokes ! Oops , honesty IS the best policy ?
 poipleportboi
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2009 9:19:45 AM
Dont worry Im not giving you any abuse not all aussie men are perfect. I cant say im perfect either... If you read my post earlier on this topic youd understand.

Some guys such as myself have no dating skills mainly beacause of lack of confidence or something in those realms. asI said ealier read my post 2 pages back and youd understand What part of the problem is.
 007earthangel
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/17/2009 3:49:36 PM
Yeah unfortunately i have to agree...there is a large proportion of guys who are just like that...i feel sorry for them...they miss out on alot because what their mates think are more important than their happiness.
 gav951
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2009 6:14:07 AM
In the wise words of JFK:
"Think NOT what your country can do for you,
but what YOU can do for your country"

Don't look for "what's the issue (wrong) with Men in Australia"

Because you'll find what you're looking for: the faults of Men in Australia (or everywhere else).

Focus on what you CAN control, you're attitude and who YOU choose to be.

When you think and act being the person YOU want to be, you'll attract the person who wants the person who you ARE.

Think of what YOU can give to "Men in Australia" FIRST, NOT what "Men in Australia" can give YOU first.

If you just try to Be the best ME I can be (eg eat less, exercise more), at least you'll be with the best person you are GUARANTEED to be with for all of your life: yourself.

Look inwards, not outwards for your only TRUE "soulmate", then maybe you'll find they were there all the time, but you were just looking in the wrong direction.

In looking for a partner:

Success is getting what you want,
But happiness is wanting what you get.

Do what makes you happy and you may meet the guy that's doing the same thing, so you can do what BOTH makes you happy together.

If a woman/sheila goes to bars to pick up men/guys/blokes, you'll meet guys/blokes/men who go to bars to pick up women/sheila's/roots and then wonder why you only meet guys/blokes/men who only want to pick up women/sheila's/roots.

If you go to sports/clubs/events because you like them and you feel happy, then the guy/bloke/man who ALSO goes there because HE does, will be there as well.

THINK first and get the guy you really want by FIRST being who, and doing what, YOU want.

Best wishes.

Hope this helps :-)
 nevaagin
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/26/2009 12:35:05 AM
Indeed the fact that this issue , and it is an issue in Australia, can devolve to the level of a play on words and letters is pathetic . Culturally I believe a bloke prefers to be called a bloke .. it's sort of a name you'd give a member of the male club ..... but , a man is a man for all that and' blokieness' is adefinite Australian word for a man who is amember of the club of all man men and no hello sailor about it .
 nevaagin
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/26/2009 1:03:24 AM
Wish I understood what the heck you meant ... ruins the game when one player is either obtuse or dense or maybe trying too hard to be clever . OK message too short . I'm game . Most men don't sit on the fence and that is a good thing , neither do most women and the quality of womenposters here is getting very much on the 'qui vive' . You however seem comfortable sitting on a fence . What , for pity's sake DO you mean and don't tautologise me .
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Whats the Issue With Men in Australia ..