Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > I'm really just having a great time...anyone else?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moraima
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I'm really just having a great time...anyone else?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I don't expect for a min. to find another love............................still having a wonderful time though.................why would I not have a great time. Attitude is everything. We can get out of life all the good times we can, nor we can wait for them to come to us.
 the SoldierByte
Msg: 3
I'm really just having a great time...anyone else?
Posted: 6/4/2009 3:05:22 PM
I just luv it here...
Like being married....
Women telling their deepest wants, desires, and needs..
Me being forced to listen and act like I care..
And STILL no sex.....
but all in all...
I likes it too..
although POF is
like "Oprah" and those witch's on "the View"...
I hate to admit I watch and follow em like I do here.....
but MUST acknowledge and confess.....
I am / do have a good time...........
More later...
---SoldierByte---
 Molly Maude
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2009 3:14:15 PM
SoldierByte ... that was really pretty funny ... "Me being forced to listen and act like I care" ... that was a real husband-worthy comment ...

last week, I asked my doctor a question and he said, "yes." I said, "did you just agree with me just to shut me up?" and he said, "yes." I said, "are you even listening?" and he said, "no, not really!" and I'm not even married to him! sheesh!

I'm not really having a "GREAT TIME" right now ... my hours have been cut ... the boss has hired a young kid (like 19) for lots less money and the young kid is learning my job ... I called my son at work and his boss told me he'd had to "let all those kids go ... 2 maybe 3 weeks ago" ... this economy sucks majorly ... so I'm NOT having a "great time" ...

maybe when my finances look better ... maybe I can go back to having a great time!

lorelei540
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/4/2009 3:22:00 PM

last week, I asked my doctor a question and he said, "yes." I said, "did you just agree with me just to shut me up?" and he said, "yes." I said, "are you even listening?" and he said, "no, not really!" and I'm not even married to him! sheesh!
Yikes! I would get a new doctor, STAT!
 ForumFilly
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/4/2009 3:40:46 PM
I really enjoy this site and I've met some terrific people, both men and women. I have found a man who just delights me and we are hoping that when we meet, we will have the love of a lifetime. If not, we will be the greatest friends ever. So how could we lose.

Like Linda and Moraima, Paul and I are the eternal optimists. I didn't expect to find the man of my dreams on here but I did plan to make some great friends, and that has happened. Paul just makes it soooo much better.
 SueCat51
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2009 3:43:24 PM
I'm one of these if I find love again, GREAT! If not, that's ok too. My life is full, whether I have a man in it or not. I'd say this is one of the best times in my life, I've got good health, a great job, and I can travel from time to time. Life really is grand!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/4/2009 8:00:10 PM

I'm positive I'll meet THE ONE, who's meant to share the rest of his life with me, in due time.

...Trying to be very optimistic.......just a minute. * blows the dust off her little black book.*

Of course, meeting him through POF, might be a bit of a stretch.

Uh huh

In the meantime, I'm not letting any grass grow under my feet. Like you Ms. Linda, I love meeting new people. During the next two weeks, I'm going to meet some new cruisin' "forum buddies" and I can't wait

Good for you....I've got a pretty full summer planned that includes, camping, swimming, water rafting and boating.....let the fun begin.

And, the furniture store is delivering a new Simmons Bowling Ball mattress tomorrow morning. You know, the one where you can't feel your partner roll over......so things are looking up! LOL

...Hmmm, new mattress...sounds very suspicios

Btw, love the new pics.

...maeflowers
 moraima
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 6:24:30 AM
"The thrill is greater in the hunt more than the kill anyway."

I just wish the prey hadn't slowed down to a crawl.
 Gaddflye
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/5/2009 9:09:04 AM
OP, like you I am enjoying a wonderful time of life. Thank you for your upbeat and refreshing post. I do believe attitude makes a huge difference in how we view the world and our experiences. I always try to stay on the positive side and even see good in what appears to be bad.
 PaMike1200
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 5:45:47 PM

I'm not sure I want it to!! I am so happy being single, thats why I just want to date and have fun. Why would I want to complicate my life again with possibly yet another lazy,unemployed, insensitive,abusive, loser husband to make my life a living hell.

I just don't get it. If you're so happy being single, why be on a dating site filled with 'lazy,unemployed, insensitive,abusive, loser ' males.
 dd3va
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 7:33:24 PM
You have to make the best of you what you're dealt and a positive attitude helps. This might sound simplistic, but I feel that good things happen to good people. A far as "the one" being out there......... absolutely!
 realmofthought
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/23/2012 4:01:03 PM
Be as you wish to seem~Socrates..He was on to something there,if you feel good ..you look good.
Nothing succeeds like success..coupled with being excited about your future..what more can one ask from life?
Lots of luck to all of us.
Cheers
 vestaceres
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/23/2012 5:21:47 PM
I've yet to meet my menopause man. When I do, and I have another ten years of life experience under my belt, I might just enjoy life as it comes.
 natgoat227
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 6:39:58 PM
This is all Well-and-Good...but I'd _Much_ rather be spending my time with an Individual ... than all of You nice people..!!

*CHORTLE!*
 wildriver11
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/23/2012 7:03:35 PM
I don't meet flaky people in real life. However, I meet them here on POF. I think we can use POF as a bait to round up flaky people. hahaha
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/23/2012 9:34:20 PM

...or are you, like me, just positive it will happen one day?

If I live to be 200 with excellent health, perhaps.

Back to the alchemy lab to work on that immortality potion.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/25/2012 11:31:37 PM
I am having a great time in the forums and have some good/not so good dates on POF. The one serious relationship I had here resulted in a marriage proposal but that relationship is on hold due to his ongoing health and financial issues related to his recent leg amputation. We are still friends, but it is hard to keep the romance alive when you go from being boyfriend/ girlfriend to being patient/caregiver.Right now, I am just concentrating on making friends and meeting new people...the prospect of finding a soul mate that is healthy, happy and financially stable on POF seems unlikely.
 hereiamhonxox
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/26/2012 12:24:58 AM
i am here for the forums not love but if anyone is weird enough to understand me and see the real me through my wacky profile id give them a chance i guess
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/26/2012 9:57:05 AM
And now a word from our sponsor.

i am here for the forums not love but if anyone is weird enough to understand me and see the real me through my wacky profile id give them a chance i guess
 stellavixen
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/26/2012 10:20:22 AM
I was optimistic.....

but now I am skeptical.

I wish I would meet people who look more like their profile pics.
 ohenryx
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2012 1:02:18 PM
Mcrider, your items 1,2, and 5 are all the same. Or at least, variations on the same thing.

Back on topic: Yes, I have enjoyed my time here on POF, and I continue to do so. Occasionally I get to feeling a little "burnt out", take a vacation from this site, and then come back refreshed. All in all, I have met a lot of women, been on a lot of dates, opportunities that I would never have enjoyed if not for this site.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > I'm really just having a great time...anyone else?