Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > registered sex offenders      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Spence56
Msg: 2
registered sex offendersPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Anyone on a sex offenders registry is not acceptable for PoF or to have any relationship with anyone. The PoF administrator should be notified and the person should be deleted ASAP........ If the person ever resolves the reason they are on the registry and is removed then it's another matter. But as long as they are actively on the registry, they shouldn't be in any kind of relationship. Well, that's what I think anyway...
 Zardoz451
Msg: 4
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/6/2009 11:54:37 PM
While my sentiments are with you, I need remind you that not all on the sex offender registry are 'sex offenders'. If you're stupid, you can get there by urinating in a public place.

All that technicalities aside.

ALL parents should take caution when dating ANYONE.
For every one ligit pedophile caught, more go free or are never caught.
I make it a policy to NOT have my kids or the kids of others involved in my 'dating' life unless it becomes serious. I also do and encourage others to do their homework with simple background checks and to never rush anything.
Any parent worth their salt looks at the offender registry in their area from time to time...because you don't have to be dating some dude for your child to be at risk.
 DAVE632
Msg: 7
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/7/2009 1:09:08 AM
And a good thought too.

His being on this site might be a violation of his parole as it gives him potential access to minors. Just a thought.

Responding to the other comment ... When I was in Phoenix not too long ago there was a case before the courts where a guy made basically a citizens arrest when he caught a boy (under 16) breaking car windows. The dude called the police, grabbed the kid and HELD HIM until police arrived and immediately turned him over to the cops when they arrived. There was NEVER any allegation of abuse, sexual fondling - NOTHING like that. HELD until the cops got there a few minutes later.

Because he held this youth against his will - no matter the circumstances - according to the definition he was forced to be registered as a kiddie diddler and sexual predator. Even the judge said it was ludicrous but he was constrained by the LAW and the law was simple. "Held against his will" even when being arrested by a citizen was "held against his will" defined by the law as a child molester. There was a huge outcry from the community and when I left it was still raging whether this man should be removed from the registry or not.

It just illustrates that way too often the Laws an A$$.
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 8
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/7/2009 3:41:41 AM

Anyone on a sex offenders registry is not acceptable for PoF or to have any relationship with anyone. The PoF administrator should be notified and the person should be deleted ASAP........ If the person ever resolves the reason they are on the registry and is removed then it's another matter. But as long as they are actively on the registry, they shouldn't be in any kind of relationship. Well, that's what I think anyway...

That's a broad statement. Not all sex offenders have actually offended anyone. One would end up on a sex offender registry for picking up a pro.
 slybandit
Msg: 15
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/7/2009 12:01:50 PM
Actually, you can determine what the exact 'crime' was.

That is (well, sort of) what judges are for.

A thirty-something year old man who had sex with a 17 year old (when he was 18) probably would not be "listed" as a sex offender, given as most states (well, all of the states that I've checked, specifically, but I'm not claiming to be an authority here) have what's called a 'close in age' exception, which is, well, exactly what it sounds like it is.

And if you think laws against people who sexually abuse children are too severe or 'heavy handed', feel free to lobby your state legislature. I'm sure giving the kiddy diddlers a helping hand is a real vote-getter.
 Zardoz451
Msg: 16
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/7/2009 12:02:55 PM
(quote)well the site didnt say he peed in public it was for fondling
thats a like more serious (/quote)

Most sex offender registry sites I've seen don't list what they 'did'. Just the classification of what they were charged with or plead guilty to.

I also need to remind some that you must be careful in how you go about dealing with and reporting a sex offender. If you cross the boundaries, it is harrassment and punishable by law...and you could face a civil lawsuit...which, IMO would be worse.

Just be careful who you associate with and know who the people are in your community.
 slybandit
Msg: 20
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/7/2009 1:09:13 PM
"Try getting the FACTS first....instead of crying "wolf"."

Truer words were never spoken by man. And on that subject matter, yna6, if you can explain to me how you can get placed on a sex offender list without being convicted of a crime.

Because inquiring minds want to know. Last I checked, to be a "sex offender" required, well, as a prerequisite, being an "offender" (you know, "sex" + "offender" = "sex offender").
 Zardoz451
Msg: 22
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/7/2009 1:48:33 PM
I work in a field that exsposes me to the national media.

The odds of such a thing as a STRANGER pervert getting ahold of your child and molesting them are small.

The handful of cases you freak out about are the ones they place in the news...sensationalizing it. How many stations are running the case of Neveah Buchanan currently? I know I (as a news monitor) see it blasted on most TV news channels I watch.

The chances of a parent or relative or TEACHER/Pastor molesting your kids...MUCH greater but, still small.
But, do you hear ANY parent stating 'I'm not gonna send my kid to school' or 'I'll NEVER go to church where those perverted pimps push their perverse passions onto our prepubescent children.'??? No.

It is true that some parents make false accusations too. Old trick that works because 'mens is teh bad guy'.

My advice still stands. KNOW who your children are around. Be a RESPONSIBLE parent.
And remember, the chances of your kid being ran over by a drunken teen in front of your house...are far greater than some dirty old man you met through the interweb touching them inappropriatly.
 slybandit
Msg: 25
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/7/2009 2:48:06 PM
"perverted pimps push their perverse passions onto our prepubescent children"

That's just WAY to Sesame Street for the subject matter under discussion.
 GoofBall311
Msg: 30
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/8/2009 12:01:32 AM
What is this Nancy Grace?
 Durh
Msg: 32
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/8/2009 9:25:39 AM
Just as long as he doesnt have a van with a bed im pretty sure he's legit
 want to travel
Msg: 37
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/8/2009 11:17:58 AM
really what are the chances in meeting a sex offender, i think this post is paranoid
 want to travel
Msg: 39
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/8/2009 11:46:41 AM
i dont think its a good idea to introduce your children to every man that comes along,but really what are the chances that your going to come across a ped pervert
 newblue1970
Msg: 40
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/8/2009 12:05:12 PM
OP - just playing devils advocate... how do we know the guy you are targetting isnt your ex who you are mad at? And you feel like trying to ruin his life because he 'wronged' you in some way? When people break up there are many MANY immature childish people who will do anything to get back at their ex, including making false accusations.

With the thousands (millions?) of profiles on PoF, do you think the Admins have the resources to track down every personal complaint like this? You cant keep sex offenders out of bars, dance clubs, hiking groups or church functions, so you cant expect to keep them off the Internet.

I know you are trying to do the right thing, but part of the price for being 'free' is that we cant be protected from everything. Parents should (MUST!) be extra vigilent about who meets or spends time with their kids.
 deerdog1
Msg: 42
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/8/2009 12:24:01 PM

this is true and I am not sure POF has the right to punish this guy ..and I m almost sure you are breaking the law by harassing him ...even by outing him on POF

I use to work in corrections and know a guy who got 5 years and registered as a child molester for sleeping with his wife

he was 17 and she was 15 they were high school sweethearts ...and her mom knew they were sexually active and condoned it .. then he turned 18 and they had a fight and broke up ..the mom got pissed at him... ..and went got a warrant for statutory rape ... then they made up and the mom signed for them to get married which they did ...and the mom went and dropped the warrant ...but like any case involving a minor the state took it up and picked him up ....some hot shot DA scarred the piss out of him and got him to plea to 2nd degree sexual abuse ...with the promise of no jail time ...but the judge had a hard on and over ruled it giving him 5 years ...his wife the one he had sex with came to visit him every Sunday ...he is still on the web site as a child molester

dont appoint yourself judge unless you have all the facts ...

if you can explain to me how you can get placed on a sex offender list without being convicted of a crime.

i just did
 deerdog1
Msg: 45
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/9/2009 4:46:48 AM

wel somebody had to do it the pof wast protecting the women on her and if he feels harressed good i accomplished something today
hes on the registery thats all the facts i need

until your last post I actually had some empathy for your position

during the witch hunts all they needed was that someone be accused and they were ready to execute them .... no no one had to do it and harassment is always wrong ..if you do post his name im sure you are breaking the law ...you may well be any way ...and POF knows that banning him would be discriminating ...

I counted ...personally I know 13 people on the sex offenders registry and all 13 of them managed to get on it from some bull shit charge ...or doing something stupid ...prosecutors make points when they register someone on the list ...of everyone I gets branded a sex offender for life who is on the list no one is an actual pedophile or rapist ...the biggest reason the people I know are on the list is turning 18 and still having sex with their underage girl friend...followed by indecent exposure ...do you have any idea how many young guys are on the list for simply mooning someone ... sexual abuse almost never comes to trial ...Why?? because the prosecutors will tell the defendant that he stands no chance and his name will be drug through the mud and the jury will believe the accuser because they are women or children ...and if they do plea inocent the jury will give them the max sentence...which is all true ...so the guy cops a plea and I will bet that truth be known that over 50% on the list are innocent ....the whole premises of the list is a witch hunt ... my solution ..stop all this crooked plea bargaining and make all sex crimes go to trial ...then if they are convected by all means persecute them for all their life ...

I also know one guy ...who was dating a woman ..and was accused of sexual abuse on her teenage daughter ...he was offered a plea bargain which included being put on the list ...he refused ...he went to trial ...and was acquitted...it was found that the same teenage girl had accused 5 other guys all her mothers ex boy friends ...as well as her birth father ..and that this girl was a habitual liar ...and had made accusations toward other men including her principal and teachers ...it turns out that this girl had accused every guy she came in contact with of fondling her and trying to rape her ...and she was still a virgin ...but still with her history ..her mother and the prosecutors believed her every time and had actually charged 4 guys with sex crimes because of her accusations

actually he did not violate the terms of POF ...YOU DID .... actually they should ban YOU ...not him...and you need to get a spell checker
 deerdog1
Msg: 48
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/9/2009 5:19:17 AM

i think its creepy how alot of guys are getting really defensive on this subject....

wait till a person you know is railroaded .... into pleading guilty to a sex crime ..and put on the list ...someone you know is innocent

no one is getting defensive ...the sex offenders list is the most abused part of the criminal justice system ...it is good in theory ..but anything the government runs is abused

like I said I worked in the department of corrections and saw first hand how things work ..the innocent and down trodden get convected and persecuted ...while the guilty and perverted know how to play the system and get off almost every time ....

did you know that prosecutors...actually keep score and brag about how many people they have listed as sex offenders ...guilt or innocence aside

Im not defending sex offenders ...guilty ones any way ...mothers be careful and defensive there are a lot more perverts that are not listed sex offenders ...but also there are a lot of registered sex offenders that are not perverts or pedophiles ...they just didnt get a fair shake in a perverted legal system

in my time in law enforcement I saw so much crime that it made me sick and made me eventually quit ...and most of it was being perpetrated by the ones sworn to uphold the law ..its not whether you break the law ..its which side of the badge you stand on

I am an ex police officer .. that is a list that to me ..bears more disgrace than being on a sex offenders list 90 % of legal officials are perverts or crooked or on a power ego trip that makes them dangerous
 SpursFanSA
Msg: 49
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/9/2009 12:58:29 PM
Okay so they are not deleting him.... Oh well. There are thousands of sexual predators on this site that have not been caught or not on a "list."

You did what you did and they didn't do anything about it. So stop. You are not the police, or an FBI agent. You can't do anything about it.

Do you call the police when you see someone in a handicap parking space? lol
 Blueyedboyy
Msg: 58
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/12/2009 2:16:35 PM
ok, so I have read this thread top to bottom, boredom does wonders, first of all, a gripe, why do people post the same thing as 1o before them, answer, they don't take the time to read the whole thread. Second, this person in reference, the thread author should have saved many arguements and just came out with his name, instead of saying email me and I will tell you. It is in no way a violation to say John Doe is a registered sex offender, rather that means for a sexual crime, or public urintation is not for us to say, someone would have pulled a file on him by now and aired it in the forum for all of us to see the truth. Those individuals that are standing up for him, saying he has rights, yes, if he took a leak in public, and got caught, then he is fine. If he did anything that was unbecoming of himself to a child, his balls need chopped off and he needs to not be on a dating site. POF monitores the forums unless I am mistaken, they do not want to get in a legal argument over a registered offender, it really shows how much they care for thier members, this site exists to fulfill in most cases sex starved and attention starved people's voids with hopes. Those that are simply on here to find a significant other, then I appoligize for being so harsh, the scarier thought to all this is that the registry just exists for those who are caught, imagine all the bad things that people think, even without action are just as bad. What I do see is a lack of action on anyone's part, myself included, air the chomo out and lets flame him, if you are standing up for him, you probably are on the registry or belong on it.
 HazelRose
Msg: 63
registered sex offenders
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:25:05 PM
Sad thing is, not all sex offenders are adults. Not all sex offenders are male, either. Sex offenders can be children and women. I hate all sex offenders, from the child molester to frottage jerk, and all the way up to the serial killer. Know your sex offender registry ladies like you know the Mall, and guys like you know your cars engine (not trying to be sexist). Know where your children like to hangout. Know the babysitter, the uncle or aunt your kid does not like being near, the older kid in the neighborhood who spends too much time near your little kid. Go with your instinct. DTA= Don't Trust Anybody with your kid. Yeah, and stop posting pics of your kids, too. It is a common warning on most adult sites to not post pics of your kids. Your true love will soon find out about the babes.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 65
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 7/1/2009 8:30:37 PM

wait.. if they were both 12... how come she wasnt put in jail for the same thing???? god the system is so screwy....

I think you just answered your own question...
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 66
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 7/1/2009 8:39:50 PM

i think its creepy how alot of guys are getting really defensive on this subject....

I think it's really creepy how people are rushing to judgment based solely on a very broken system.

And not only, as others mentioned, are innocent people being railroaded, but some children have been indirectly harmed by the system designed to protect them. For example, about a year or two ago, a child was killed when she was run over by a car after having wandered away from a day care.

Interestingly, a man driving along had spotted her and was going to pull over to check on her, but he ended up driving past because he was afraid that he might be branded a pedophile for approaching a young girl. Similarly, I remember seeing an episode of Dateline NBC where a girl (with mother nearby but out of sight) was left alone on a sidewalk. Most of the women who walked past stopped to ask her where her parents were, but not a single man stopped.

I gotta say, I can't blame any guy for thinking that way.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 67
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 7/1/2009 8:42:41 PM

It's a shame there isn't a law that requires every male to be put through a background check before he is allowed to date.

Wow, with that statement I think you pretty well nullified any credibility you might have otherwise had...
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 70
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/25/2009 8:34:30 PM

It's a shame there isn't a law that requires every male to be put through a background check before he is allowed to date.

Listen to yourself. That's just appalling. Should we all have a card we have to carry as proof? Will the police throw us into gaol if they find us at a restaurant with a woman and we can't produce the card?

So only the men must have a background check? Because ALL women are perfect and free from sin, right?

Would it surprise you to know there are plenty of predatory women in schools around the world molesting and seducing their male and female students? There have been some notorious cases over here and around the world where the magistrates have handed down some pretty heavy penalties. Of course you only choose to believe it's men who're the culprits here, so now EVERY man must suffer for the sins of a few. Every man you encounter is guilty until proven innocent?

Show due dilligence with the men you date by all means, but to discriminate against half the population because you THINK they all MIGHT be potential sex-offenders is just plain stupid.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 72
view profile
History
registered sex offenders
Posted: 10/25/2009 10:00:12 PM

For predators, offending is not a one time thing.

But the topic at hand isn't just "predators," it's "registered sex offenders." As many here have mentioned, not all people who are forced to register are true predators. The system was well-intentioned but it encompasses far too many minor offenses, many of which have already been addressed in this thread.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > registered sex offenders