Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Can Taste In Music Be A Deal Breaker for You?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Husker Freak
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Can Taste In Music Be A Deal Breaker for You?Page 1 of 1    
That is a tough one. I know there is music that I can't stand to listen to. I say listen to the music that you like while the significant other is not around. When that person is with you try to find something that you can both agree upon. There is a lot more that goes into a relationship than the position of the dial on the radio.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 6
Can Taste In Music Be A Deal Breaker for You?
Posted: 6/10/2009 6:36:13 PM
Yes.

I would only date a girl who has an ecclectic taste in music like I do.

The dumb redneck girls in my area only listen to country. I would not date them - but not because they like country.

But more because they ONLY listen to country, and it's a symptom of being a dumb redneck.

Edit: :drinking:
 AppleGeek
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/10/2009 6:41:51 PM
What music, no. How she listens to it, maybe. Loud music gives me a headache. I can't see spending the rest of my life with a headache.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/10/2009 7:08:46 PM
Exploration...

Spelunking....

Kinky bedroom stuff....

I am not sure where I am going with this.

I am curious as to why I am still typing and spellling correctly. I guess my grammar-nazi-ism goes deep.

Wheeee

celts123
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/10/2009 7:48:14 PM
I think 2 people should have some common interests. But music doesn't need to be one of them. Having the same music taste can be a plus, but certainly not a requirement. There are many things that I would consider to be more important than music.
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 13
Taste?
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:07:22 PM
If she has any taste, then no...not a deal breaker.
But if all she consumes is what is being fed to her by the corporate pop culture machine, then we probably wouldn't make it past a first meet.
 notregme
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Taste?
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:46:16 PM
well for me im a rocker. but I like my no music time too.lol.I dont really like rap hiphop stuff like that,cant relate I live in the bush.lol.I hate hearing that stuff 24 -7 from cars Ipods ext.But if its not playing all the time I can over look it. But I think Im too un urban to worry about that.lol.If for some strang reason the stars aline and i find a girl she would probebly like simular stuff.lol
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Can Taste In Music Be A Deal Breaker for You?