Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > cat killings in Florida      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SAguy_06
Msg: 2
cat killings in FloridaPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Is this a Nationwide ABP...or just for Florida?

And are the killings State wide?...FLaABP, or is KityKiller is a specific city?
 urinemyway
Msg: 4
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:10:51 PM
That's a good guideline to follow even if there isn't a cat killer running around. Unless you have acres for animals to roam, your pets should stay within the boundaries of your property.
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 5
view profile
History
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:16:00 PM
Oh wow...just read the story after seeing this post. That is horrific! I have a cat whom I love dearly...I love animals in general. Whomever's doing this is beyond sick.
I believe though that domestic cats should be kept inside at all times. The average lifespan of a feral cat is about five years. They're hit by cars, attacked by lunatics as in this case, other animals, etc.
Domestic indoor cats can live well up into their 20s.
 yna6
Msg: 6
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:44:33 PM
20?? As in human years? For a frikkin' cat? OMG....you mean I'm stuck with these two idiots till then? Knew it...should have gotten gold fish...just frikkin' knew it!
Cat killer huh? Sounds like some teenage prankster pulling crap to gain attention from his friends.
I've heard where an outraged parent nailed a guys cat to his front door cause the guy was accused of being a pedophile...later exhonourated of it...but that didn't do the cat any good.
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 7
view profile
History
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/12/2009 4:05:43 PM
^^^^^^^
now now...!!!!...
Actually, the average for a healthy cat is probably somewhere around 15, maybe 17. I'm hoping for 20- something because I can't even bear the thought of anything less than that for my little kitten. (sigh...she's always be my baby to me.)
Now you got me depressed!
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 8
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/12/2009 6:51:50 PM
I will keep my Burmese Python locked up until this is over with. I promise.
 chrispickles
Msg: 9
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:00:58 PM
this world is so filled with love and peace.......................maybe this sick person doing these cat killings is a physcotic and thinks cats are the devil or something.....poor kitty cats..................maybe one day they will think that humans are the devil and start whacking us off one by one. we should all stay locked in our homes just in case.
. i forgot to mention, i love cats and this person must be very disturbed.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 10
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:06:52 PM
i'll strangle him with my bare hands if i get the chance. waterboard him first.
 OpenWaterCaptn
Msg: 11
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/12/2009 7:23:10 PM
anyone seen the cowboy way...central park zoo scene....thats his punishment
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 13
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:43:19 AM
He should be given nine life sentences.
 el lagarto
Msg: 15
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/14/2009 9:13:48 AM
Having worked as a vet tech for many years , this is just ONE of many reasons to keep your pets inside , or outside - ONLY under careful watch .

Anyone that has worked in an animal hospital can attest to all the poor cats and dogs that have been hit by cars , attacked by wildlife , tortured and mutilated by nutso people of all ages , used as props in cult practices , shot by neighbors who don't want other people's pets on their property , caught in fanbelts after trying to get warm in engine compartments , shot and poisoned for killing wildlife - or other people's pets , petnapped and used to "train" attack dogs , and on and on . Many are beyond help , by the time they reach a hospital . Endless horror stories !

None of these animals deserve this ! They are OUR responsibility - PLEASE take good care of them ! And spay and neuter - always !!!!
 yna6
Msg: 17
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/14/2009 12:07:10 PM
Well, well...a suspect...who, as I predicted, was a teenager. No big surprise there huh?
Probably get a 6 month suspended sentance, some community work.
Perhaps apsychological evaluation if the judge is anywhere on the ball. then watched...carefully for a couple years. We'll see how it pans out.
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 18
view profile
History
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/14/2009 3:00:25 PM
^^^ okay, that was funny.
(pssst, Joanne, I'm with ya!)
I love emoticons!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 19
view profile
History
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/14/2009 5:53:15 PM
sorry- this is Miami/Dade County

Why doesn't that surprise me any.

kuddlekitty
Msg: 20
view profile
History
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/14/2009 5:57:04 PM
don't know.
oops!
thought you were talking about the emoticons!
:)
 matchlight
Msg: 21
view profile
History
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/15/2009 12:35:00 AM
My two are always indoors. And they sleep on my bed. I love dogs, too, but most people don't realize how affectionate and sociable cats can be. My 16-lb. Maine Coon follows me from room to room, licks my face, purrs like crazy and butts his head into me. They're too cute not to like them.

The world's always had its share of filth, and this d----d coward is part of it. God willing, he'll end up in prison one day, where he belongs. If he does, I'm sure he'll see all the violence he wants, and then some. And with him on the receiving end of it--like those poor little cats.
 yna6
Msg: 22
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/15/2009 3:55:41 AM
Now now Sahara....no use being petty here. the whole idea that it was a "teenager prank" is a valid one, and did prove to be true. there is no other reason for a "kid" to be pulling these kinds of stunts except to garner attention to themselves. In this day and age most people know that a "disturbed" person WILL do this kind of thing. A "prank" may have different meanings to you, as something humourous you play on your friends or some such, but it also means to pull something spiteful and hurtful. Which, in this case, is true.
It doesn't mean it is "normal" in any way...personally I'd like this person removed from the human gene pool and locked away in a mental health facility for a very long time. Won't happen, but, hey...not much I can do about that.
I certainly did NOT miss the "point" at all...in fact, I nailed it fairly well.
For my next prediction...well...guess you'll have to "stay tuned", or follow me around the threads to see where and when it'll happen!
 yna6
Msg: 25
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:50:30 AM
Condescending? In what way? The kid WAS attention seeking...and got it. I can't see any other reason for his actions.
Think about this for a minute.
Many mass murderers started out working on "small animals". If they had been caught and helped THEN, would they have gone on to their more hideous crimes? Probably not. this kid was basically crying for help, probably a long time before starting to kill small animals. Nobody picked up on it, or if they did, they did little or nothing about it. Now he's caught. He will get the attention and help he's been seeking.
My statement is correct, and stands so, until you can prove otherwise. I've laid out a simple "trail" of breadcrumbs there that anyone, including the "experts " in this type of behaviour, can follow. Why can't you?
I may have taken a bit of a "shortcut" by NOT providing a complete explaination of the thought process that brought me to the conclusions I did. Perhaps my own fault for forgetting that not everyone sees things in the same clear light I do...and they try to cloud the issue with their own agenda.
Apologies to all...for being right again.
Cassandra got what was coming to her I guess...human foillables never seem to change huh?
 hyoid
Msg: 26
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/17/2009 10:39:15 AM

PLEASE, if you own a cat, please keep it inside til they catch this person.

I'll agree with this if it's changed to :
PLEASE, if you own a cat, please keep it inside

There is no place in any american ecosystem for free ranging domestic cats. Perhaps a totally urbanized inner city is an exception, where all that exists are humans, their constructs and their parasites.
House pets are slaughtered by the tens of thousands by coyotes, racoons, automobiles, environmental poisons, etc.

But not before slaughtering tens of millions of songbirds, rabbits, wild mice and voles, amphibians, reptiles,etc
 yna6
Msg: 27
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/17/2009 11:18:19 AM
Well...that isn't exactly introducing a new animal to the environment that doesn't have "natural" predators. It adds to the food chain. Thereby making the whole of the "natural predator-prey" ecosystem stronger. Preying animals need to have something to prey on....having reduced the number of "natural" prey animals, we have introduced a couple of substitutes.
Awful way of looking at it...but it doens't make it any less true.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 28
cat killings in Florida
Posted: 6/17/2009 11:34:36 AM
aww poor kitties..That reminds me of when I was younger and we used to have cats that would go in and out. My neighbor was a mean old witch and used to put food out for them but she would put poison in the food and a couple of our cats died because of that old hag. I was only about 5 years old when we had the cats and my cat was pregnant at the time she got poisoned and died because of her.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > cat killings in Florida