Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is it OK to date your ex boyfriends friend?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 10
Is it OK to date your ex boyfriends friend? Page 1 of 1    
There should be like a clause in AAguy to always do the exact opposite of anything Aloha says.

That said.... OP, it's not worth the drama.

Dating a friend of an x is almost always a bad idea unless they're not going to be friends anymore, or already had a falling out.

And it helps if they don't see each other often. If you really care about someone, you don't try to make their life more difficult and dramatic right from day 1.
 DocElffington
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Is it OK to date your ex boyfriends friend?
Posted: 6/13/2009 12:19:46 PM
My cousin apparently got ahold of my black book.

Obviously he needed to learn the hard way...that sloppy seconds ain't all that sweet!
 celts123
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/13/2009 1:54:29 PM
I would have to agree with what several other posters have mentioned. I would not date a woman who is friends with one of my ex-girlfriends. I would not date a woman who is one of myfriend's ex-girlfriend. It can lead to anger, resentment, hurt feelings, and lost friendships.
 innocentantic
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2009 4:25:43 PM
Ultimately the "ethical responsibility" rests with your ex-boyfriend's friend, not you. If the ex-boyfriend was bothered by it, then his "friend" would not date you, or else end up dealing with the tension between him and his friend. The only reason I would think it would be a problem for you is if: you are good friends with your ex, or you want to get back with your ex in the future, and you don't want this to mess it up.

Otherwise, it's not your problem, as far as I can see. If your ex-boyfriend's friend is cool with it, then why not?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is it OK to date your ex boyfriends friend?