Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > The Veteran speaks once more      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 randomthe3rd
Msg: 1
The Veteran speaks once morePage 1 of 1    
WARNING: I do not request attention, claim self pity or otherwise!

Greetings all,

After spending almost six years here, and sending tens of thousands of messages to tens
of thousands of women, it's time for me to call it quits with the dating scene.
I've left my profile open if anyone is up to chat. Big, tall, short, small, I do not
care who you are. I will reply to all...good or bad messages.

I understand it takes time to find the right one (or in my case, ANY one), but honestly
I cannot spend the rest of my life sending women messsage after message after message.
There is nothing left for me here within the dating department.

I could insult this site till kingdom come. I could post obscenities, or spam the forum
with . I could blame women for anything and everything. Last, I could state the site
"sucks" and that Markus is all kinds of things. But that is a dog's act and being one thing
- a sore loser.

But, no, I'm just. honestly, a simple man. And I am no bodybuilder, nor millionaire,
or succesful company manager. I've actually had to go off work due to several illnesses.

Just one note for the ladies...yes, there ARE guys who bombard you with sexual requests.
However, not all men here are like that. As mentioned elsewhere here, I have not,
and never will initiate any form of that type of "interaction". I also don't
claim to be anything super...I am just (again) a plain simple man who was just simply
after some company.

I shall take my leave of the dating scene, but am always up to talk/make new friends,
whatever.

Feel free to vote this thread for deletion should it be necessary.

The RadomVeteran

PS; Hi Markus how's it going LMAO do you remember me from years ago? Those were the days.
 redwood707
Msg: 2
The Veteran speaks once more
Posted: 6/15/2009 12:51:35 PM
The Veteran,

What you just wrote is certainly not a pity thread or a ploy to get attention. No way. But, of course, anyone who lays the truth out like that, is many times labeled a whiner and a malcontent. The chicks who would complain the loudest about it are always the very ones who smugly do their heartless read/deleted routine to people. What you said is honest, eloquent and conveys the entire shallowness crisis online very nicely,.... and without any hostility. Hey, it could have been written by any number of us guys,... who are also non body builder/non millionaire/non CEO's of corporations. Hollywood, TV and Cosmo magazine have almost completely destroyed the minds of our women. There are actually gals out there, who tip the scales at 250 pounds, who will rudely ignore a polite e-mail, because they are "holding out" for Leonardo DeCaprio. Who are they kidding?

The folks who would vote to delete that posting would be the very ones themselves who never reply to e-mails. Guaranteed. I think you'll love this (I did),.... I remember reading a post a long time ago by a guy who was going through this very thing,.....he decided to get creative. An experiment. Time to re-do his profile. He went to an imported car dealer and posed in front of an Aston Martin sports car for the pics,.... and talked about his "vast sums of money" in his essay. Well, you guessed it. He was deluged with e-mails. The very same ones who dissed him before, when he was just a regular guy, ....were on that action like a fly on,.....well,...you get the idea. Me,....I've done my time on the pay sites as well , which are the exact same way,....except for the theft of my money. I've been angry at POF myself, but I really don't think it's the site. I'm always seeing these posts about how someone has found the perfect dating site,.... elsewhere. It's baloney. Anyway, keep your account going. And let me say this: it has been your posts (and others) that have encouraged me to try posting here myself. Six years, .....good Lord,.......my friend, you deserve the Silver Star for bravery,.... and for not being a quitter. Thanks for your contributions here. (Oh, I too have never sent an obscene sexual type of message to any girl on the site, .....ever....but that whole thing makes quite a convenient excuse for them not to answer anyone, doesn't it).

manforrent,

I was so hoping that you would add on to that one (his post) and you didn't disappoint. His post laid out the problem for a lot of us very well,....and you went for the piggy remark. I got my needed laugh for the day. Outstanding.

Well, hey,....I said "250 pounds" and you went with 400 pounds,....at any rate, I guess that Jenny Craig will never ask us to be their spokesmen.
 randomthe3rd
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:14:44 PM
Thankyou for your input, men.

Time to re-do his profile. He went to an imported car dealer and posed in front of an Aston Martin sports car for the pics,.... and talked about his "vast sums of money" in his essay. Well, you guessed it. He was deluged with e-mails. The very same ones who dissed him before, when he was just a regular guy

Absolutely true. A friend I have here put up a profile with a photo of a famous soccer player. He stated in his profile how "he has travelled the world, enjoys sailing and country clubs, and owns his own houses." BANG. Women would message left right and center.

Mind you, these same women ignored his regular profile, calling him obscenities and
the like.
 randomthe3rd
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:39:14 AM
That's what the women want, MFR, the badboys...so that the ycan gret treated like shit, only to come back here and complain.

That's why they don't like the "nice guys"
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > The Veteran speaks once more