Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Would you work for nothing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SPARKY_62X
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Would you work for nothing?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I would work for free if it lead to a permanant job at the end of it.
#
Just been layed of and on garden leave and there's not a lot out there so if i could work for free to ensure a permanant position at the end then YES
 elles-belles
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Would you work for nothing?
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:02:38 PM
I also work for the NHS and they get some extra time out of me, but I doubt I would work free for a month. I'd just go abroad instead.
 Phoebes
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:53:24 AM
Too many people on this thread dismiss working for a month without pay in order to save BA from liquidation. If, as davidrichard999 says, BA`s staff are paid far more than other`s working for different airlines, then BA staff should seriously consider working for a month without pay - just think, if BA went down the tubes they`d either have no work at all, having been made redundant, OR they`ll work for 50% less with the other airlines - that is IF the other airlines can accommodate them and have jobs available!!!
I am sure that there will be a clause written into any agreement between BA staff and BA which would render the staff taking the `pay holidays` to be reimbursed for that month`s pay should their financial situation improve in the future.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 8:14:57 PM
I do voluntary work for a charity in addition to my day job.

I would NOT work for nothing unless i had an unearned income to pay all the bills and then i might do voluntary work for charitys to keep me busy.

other than that, i need the cash, so no pay, no work!!!
 Loose_end
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2009 4:28:17 PM
I've worked for nothing...

When i lost my job through injury and had to go on incap benefit.....I wanted to retrain, thankfully the government in its infinite wisdom does offer something to those looking to get back into work.....It aint great, but at least it's something!

Part of this involved working for free. If it had been for the benefit of the community it's something i would have been more than happy to do, but it was for a private enterprise abusing the system to get a bit of free labour.

Felt terrible really, them pitching up to work in their flashy cars, and me walking to work in my 1 pair of trainers, my only pair of jeans and a t-shirt because i couldnt afford a jacket. 10 miles there and 10 back, it always snowed and there was a chronic wind chill. Oh! And i also broke my leg the first day, so it was a bit of a struggle hopping all that way. And then there was all the sexual harassment i had to endure......But another time perhaps?

Well, maybe things werent quite that bad, but it was me against 'the corporation' and i want it to sound really bad

All together now awwwwwwwww! and if a few of you could bless me that'd be great

It was a means to an end though, and i got what i wanted from it.

I'd do it for a future employer yes, but it would depend who that future employer was.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Would you work for nothing?