Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Stop and search: white people held 'to balance racial statistics'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Stop and search: white people held 'to balance racial statistics'Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Apparently white members of the general public are being stop and searched completely unlawfully, just to ensure there is no possibility of racial prejudice being claimed in regard to new anti terror laws... Lord Carlile claimed today...

Full story here..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/stop-and-search-white-people-held-to-balance-racial-statistics-1707895.html

However Raj Joshi claims otherwise... Stating that the police are playing into the hands of far right organisations such as the BNP, saying..."The latest statistics show exactly what black and Asian communities have been saying for years: that they are being unfairly treated from stop and search through to sentence and punishment in the criminal justice system,"

So.. Are the Police right to stop and search those who do not fit the terror threat criteria for no other reason than to balance books based on ethnicity? Would you mind being stopped and searched just because a percentage of white targets needed to be met? Are we just reaping what we sowed?

Should we not remember that the threat is actually religious and not racial and that Islamic fundamentalists could quite easily fit the physical Aryan ideal and as such whites should be submitted to anti terror stop and search policies regardless of alleged racial quotas...
 restless_native
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Stop and search: white people held 'to balance racial statistics'
Posted: 6/18/2009 5:34:42 AM

Should we not remember that the threat is actually religious and not racial and that Islamic fundamentalists could quite easily fit the physical Aryan ideal and as such whites should be submitted to anti terror stop and search policies regardless of alleged racial quotas...

We need to remember that the medias obsession with Islamic fundamentalists is a relatively new phenomena. As the police are still human beings I can see how they'd be influenced by this kind of sensationalist coverage as much as anyone else would.

In reality if a terroroist attack did occur it's probably just as likely to be the work of The Real IRA or any one of a number of other organisations with axes to grind.
 Cargy.
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 5:43:07 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the police are there to take action against crime regardless of race, religion, or culture.

Anything other than dealing with each case on its own facts is wrong.
 badge73
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 6:00:21 AM
another example of why p.c brigade is ruining the country and how every ones being scared of being labled racist!!

imagine a couple of police officers doing stop and search, ignoring a raving mad mullah or someone enquiring about buying large amounts of bleach or timers just to keep up with the figures??
 restless_native
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 6:33:25 AM
Whether you like it or not when it comes to crime race is likely to play a factor in determining who likely culprits are. That isn't to say it's the only factor though. A lot also depends upon the environment and the situation.

For example in the eyes of the police a black teenager riding a mountain bike through Moss Side is far more likely to be up to criminal activity than a white student carrying a satchel. However, on the other hand a white Reebok wearing hoody in Salford is seen as being more likely to be up to something they shouldn't than an Asian woman carrying shopping bags.
 restless_native
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 7:33:26 AM
if the police are stopping and searching a certain group because of a threat of say...muslim or irish extremisim

You're forgetting that Irish extremists can't be considered as being terroroists nowadays as their skins aren't dark enough apparently.

Their actions must just be simply down to high spirits. The little scamps.

I think I'm right in saying that the last terrorist activity to take place in the UK was committed by a white group, can someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It depends how you define terrorism I suppose and whom the acts are against. Skinheads who petrol bomb mosques are freedom fighters.
 badge73
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 7:42:59 AM
wrong restless the irish terrorists are to busy in government and fiddling there expenses!

im sure if the french started to bomb us or become more radical then the police would be stopping more french, then again the french are to busy laughing at the thousands trying to get into a wealthy country sure if we were invaded by green men who bombed us the police would stop them more. shame people have to start bringing statistics in, when theres people willing to kill innocents. but the police get blamed what ever they do. glad the tories will get rid of the stats and the pc brigade!!
 restless_native
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 7:51:34 AM
wrong restless the irish terrorists are to busy in government and fiddling there expenses!

I was talking about the ones who do things like disguising themselves as pizza delivery boys in order to murder soldiers.

Believe it or not, not all Irish are the same. You know. In the same way as not all Muslims wear suicide belts under their cardigans.
 Cargy.
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 8:30:23 AM
It's strangely reminiscent of going into the chemist for a packet of condoms, and asking for a toothbrush, some hair gel, a packet of tunes, a new comb, some odour eaters, and an aerosol of sweat-flavouring, in the vain hope that sticking a packet of condoms in the midst of all that will somehow go unnoticed by anyone else in the shop.
 badge73
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 9:51:21 AM
Oops my mistake restless i thought you meant gerry adams and his crony martin macguinnes. Never know bin laden might be made the new speaker or head of police lmfao
 restless_native
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 4:07:34 PM
Please try not to be so flippant about actions that caused the deaths of British soldiers.

I wasn't.
 Warrencraig
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 7:21:15 PM
If a crime or spate of crimes being used to justify a stop and search campaign happens to be committed by one race then it is right and proper to stop and search that race only.

If your looking for example, for a mugger who is black, then stopping white people or asian people is simply a waste of police resources. Not f*cking rocket science is it??

The race arguement is merely being used to justify stupid over the top "pc brigade" interfering where they arent needed. Sure, if police forces are PROVEN to be using stop and search to victimise a certain race/ethnic group, then action should be taken. But to force a police constabulary to do extra checks on races that arent even suspects in the crime initiative they are persuing is a waste of money and time.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Stop and search: white people held 'to balance racial statistics'