Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Are my opening messages too bland?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BrickCharm City
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Are my opening messages too bland?Page 1 of 1    
I don't think you should ask a person's first name in your initial message to them. Wait until you actually have something of a conversation going and then ask.
 zephyrmoon
Msg: 14
Are my opening messages too bland?
Posted: 6/18/2009 9:46:37 PM
I didn't read the other replies, so I'm just going to respond to your question, "Are my opening messages too bland?"

Based on your example, in a word, yes. It seems like an impersonal form letter. Don't demand to know a person's name right off. A lot of us don't give out that info and don't post it on our profiles for good reason.

Next is a lot of blah-de-blah about you we could get from your profile.

You ask a lot of questions which is a bit annoying. Don't pepper people with a list of questions that can be answered "yes, no, C++, I don't know, and blue." Ask maybe one or two things, max.

Keep your opening messages short. Don't push for info. Mention something you noticed in her profile, but NOT in a critical way. Unless you're sure you can be funny without offending, don't try to be funny.
 skyhawk53
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/18/2009 9:53:58 PM
Well Boopop. When I joined this site I had the same type of problem. I just tried different things until I found out what gave me the most replies. Really all I can say is keep it simple. Maybe just say a couple little things about yourself that she can ask about or start a convorsation around. Otherwise, I found just coming off sincere and genuine (which it seems like you do) and displaying the interest helps. But dont get offended or blame yourself too much for the lack of replies anyway. There are a lot of women on here that get a lot of messages so they only open very few. Also, in a few cases what I have found helps, is if she seems like a nice person and everything from her profile, dont be too proud to simply tell her that your not used to this kind of thing and that you really just want to get to know her.
 skyhawk53
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/18/2009 9:55:29 PM
I like the way you put that zephyrmoon.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Are my opening messages too bland?