Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Whats important anyway?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GDAE4u
Msg: 1
Whats important anyway?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
For about 10X40 million years we have never existed. We are born, for about 70 years we exist, and then we are consigned to dust for the rest of time. For me this puts things in perspective, we are not all that important except to ourselves, like a crab on a beach amongst millions; but I bet you each crab thinks he’s important!

What do you think is the most important thing we should consider and why , while we are so briefly conscious here on this little spec we call earth?
 mir02198
Msg: 2
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 6/19/2009 6:58:24 AM
Family is the most important at the end of the day...why...cos it just is .It's where we start and it's where we end up.....and to put another slant on it....why do you say we are briefly conscious on earth....our physicality may be brief ,but our conciousness ,now that's another kettle of fish('scuse the pun)

But ya I think family is the circle of life....end of
 MalaSam
Msg: 3
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 6/19/2009 8:25:30 AM
Life.......Life itself is the most important thing, live it to he best of your ability and enjoy it. Do you think about your great great grandparents every day? Probably not, you are a living breathing product of them but they are not fresh in your daily thoughts........so in time that is all you will become, so just live for the moment and try to be as happy as you can be, and if your very blessed you will bring happiness to others alog the way.
 GDAE4u
Msg: 4
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 6/24/2009 5:18:09 PM
Mir and Malasam have both touched on what for me is fascinating – the idea of continuity. Yes we are born of immediate family and naturally are concerned with the sagas and experiences of our loved ones. We connect and find identity/meaning/belonging in our direct interaction with immediate family and friends. What we learn from each- our personal experience and the experiences of family/friends is what deepens our understanding of how to regard uncharted territory with greater insight. Family can also be regarded as encompassing an ever widening circle that extends itself in both time and space. In time family extends through parents, grandparents, the nation, the race, the species all the way back through the evolutionary chain to the beginning of life on earth. In geographical space, family can be regarded as the wider community, the nation, the human race, the animals and indeed the earth itself. We are all connected and for me one cannot consider the ‘self’ without considering the ‘nature’. Both are connected and interdependent. Awareness of these relationships is enriching and is the soil from which insightful response can germinate. Humanity is capable of responding to its existence with this universe in such wonderful ways i.e. civilization, art, technology, knowledge gained, language invented, craftsmanship, literature, compassion and understanding; the list is long and can go on for ever!

What we humans have achieved so far is impressive, what we are capable of achieving in the future is incalculable. How we use wisdom gained through our collective efforts to ensure we can continue to do so long into the future is for me worthy of our serious consideration.
 icsvortex
Msg: 5
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 6/24/2009 5:59:02 PM
Hoarding is the most important thing in life.
 scenicgirl1
Msg: 6
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 6/26/2009 7:10:23 AM
most important thing i think is fullfilling our potential. Not wasting this short life doing a job you hate but finding stuff you love to do, getting creative. All this equals happiness which then impacts out the other important things like family Love friends etc, in a positve way. Aww.
 floatsum
Msg: 7
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 6/27/2009 12:46:17 AM
All that is important is enjoying life and having fun. Hoarding is hugely important also almost as important as flaming!
 SimplyKendra
Msg: 8
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 6/27/2009 12:55:14 AM
Unless you are like me and believe in reincarnation and the cycling of energies through...oh nevermind!

Dust in the wind to you then.
 batdann
Msg: 9
peace to the shamrock...
Posted: 6/27/2009 7:16:18 PM
we jump around....lol...
 GDAE4u
Msg: 10
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 6/27/2009 8:38:15 PM

As for the armchair philosophies of some galoot who wants to speculate on their origins or final destination to a bunch of total strangers, again on an Internet site,other than to laugh at them, is quite beyond me

……………………….must have hit a nerve! Your contribution to this debate is intriguing, why the angry tone? I will consider your suggestion and perhaps next time will post a more suitably crass topic that you might be more familiar with.
 mir02198
Msg: 11
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 6/28/2009 6:01:01 AM
BM....your post read very well to me ...don't mind all that negative stuff. I have just turned to this thread after reading what was on the "so many views thread" I posted a few questions to this liveinthenow person as my thoughts were exactly what yours were...I have to agree with Dilleass aswell about the posting such, on a site like this etc...I think we all concur on the improbability of what is being claimed .The poster is one minute speaking in past tense about these alleged raped women..then speaks in the present as if speaking to other women....and then speaks in the personal about alleged interaction with the authorities ....the way this person is expressing her so called concern in this matter smarts of someone deliberatly setting out to present this man in a bad light...It's quite obvious whom she is talking about ...I'm surprised admin let it post ....I... like floatsom don't agree with the route this person has taken to highlighting these claims , there are proper channells for that.
Thing is ,what is does highlight is the danger of malicious conduct on internet forums which we have no control over ..and like you BM would grant a smidgen of open -mindedness to what is being portrayed....I think it would be foolish not to ...but in the end ...intelligence has to prevail and the summing up of all the facts that are presented to us ,whether all of it is the truth or not should allow us to come to a decision of what we wish to believe.We are are strangers to eachother here ultimately...nobody really knows anything. To proceed with caution is the only way ...to the best of our ability.It's a pity basic human interaction has to sometimes turn sour ...but it usually doesn't last ....especially when there is no foundation to it...lets hope that is the case here.

Lastly whatever about being a victim to the enigmatic posts of you know who I would suggest you just don't take them personally...read his profile ..it's gas And if it makes you feel better ..he called me a "dopey creature" He has a way with words!!
 scenicgirl1
Msg: 12
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 7/2/2009 12:33:14 PM
I know I'm jumping way back but I read this post and was shocked that no-one had commented

[Big Mickey
Msg: 20
Forgive me if I have got this scenario wrong because honestly I would hate it if any woman was taken advantage of and forced/felt compelled to have sex with a man against her wishes because I don't doubt that such a thing would be horribly degrading for her.]

BigMickey this has got to be the greatest understatement ever made. Thank God I dont have personal experience but rape is not simply horribly degrading, being called names, having your ass smacked, lewd suggestions are horrribly degrading. Rape is extreme physical and emotional violence second only to murder. It is catastrophic for a woman, it wrecks lives, destroys her trust in men, makes it impossible for her to have relationships with men, ends any enjoyment of sex, shatters confidence and kills self esteem, causes depression, paranoia fear, psychosis and nervous breakdown. Horribly degrading you think? Rephrase.
 GDAE4u
Msg: 13
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 7/2/2009 5:25:40 PM

Dust in the wind to you then.

I like that notion! Eternal peace to.....................sleep!

By the way if people want to start discussing date rape , they should start their own thread about it.
 bam j
Msg: 14
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 7/2/2009 5:44:03 PM
givin the position humans are putting the planet in i think that the most important thing for us to do while we are here is to preserve the place for those who come after us
 SwirlTwirl
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 7/3/2009 4:35:06 PM
How you behave and treat family and friends, you live on a little longer through memory of loved ones so you might be a grain of sand and a little bit more through someone thinking after you are gone
 Lion_of_York
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 7/8/2009 8:25:09 PM
"i think that the most important thing for us to do while we are here is to preserve the place for those who come after us "

I like your thinking, even if I have a low opinion in the global warming campaign.

It would seem, we may be able to agree that what is important is to leave this world at least slightly better off because we were here. If we can contribute a thought or a discovery, a new understanding, improve human relations, or just be a good example....any of those might make the world a better place and give our small lives some real importance.

I imagine there are some people whose main importance will be the children they bring into this world, because of the works or achievements of those same children. Some may improve the world by being a good classroom teacher and having a lasting influence on children as they become adults.

No doubt there are unlimited ways that every person can make the world a better place (even during their own lifetime) provided they make that small effort to do so.
 charro12
Msg: 17
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 7/11/2009 2:30:31 PM
life as we know it is not really life at all,, only in death will we see life,, eternal life!!!!
 Luthion
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 7/16/2009 6:05:26 AM
Making the lives of those less fortunate than us easier and better.

I'm a strong believer that the more you give, the greater the meaning of your life. That's what's most important to me, personally.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Whats important anyway?