Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Whats important anyway?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SimplyKendra
Msg: 4
Whats important anyway?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Unless you are like me and believe in reincarnation and the cycling of energies through...oh nevermind!

Dust in the wind to you then.
 batdann
Msg: 5
peace to the shamrock...
Posted: 6/27/2009 7:16:18 PM
we jump around....lol...
 Lion_of_York
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 7/8/2009 8:25:09 PM
"i think that the most important thing for us to do while we are here is to preserve the place for those who come after us "

I like your thinking, even if I have a low opinion in the global warming campaign.

It would seem, we may be able to agree that what is important is to leave this world at least slightly better off because we were here. If we can contribute a thought or a discovery, a new understanding, improve human relations, or just be a good example....any of those might make the world a better place and give our small lives some real importance.

I imagine there are some people whose main importance will be the children they bring into this world, because of the works or achievements of those same children. Some may improve the world by being a good classroom teacher and having a lasting influence on children as they become adults.

No doubt there are unlimited ways that every person can make the world a better place (even during their own lifetime) provided they make that small effort to do so.
 Luthion
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Whats important anyway?
Posted: 7/16/2009 6:05:26 AM
Making the lives of those less fortunate than us easier and better.

I'm a strong believer that the more you give, the greater the meaning of your life. That's what's most important to me, personally.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Whats important anyway?