Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > clingy after seperation?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 2
view profile
History
clingy after seperation?Page 1 of 1    
Could there be something else bothering her?
What else has changed in her home life besides daddy not being there 24/7?
Maybe she feels unhappiness from you about the split and its causing her issues?
 heterotic
Msg: 4
clingy after seperation?
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:06:55 PM
I hear this from still married mothers with only the one almost 2-year old.

Their mothers have told them this: "They don't call it the terrible twos for nothing!"
 packagedealx3
Msg: 6
view profile
History
clingy after seperation?
Posted: 6/20/2009 9:50:09 AM
I'm with the something else, at least in addition to. If she never spent that much time with her dad, at her age, I don't think it is as huge an issue as you see it. Essentially not that much has changed for her.

Most kids do if I can dig that info out of my brain, do get clingy at this age regardless.

I think age will get your happy easy-going little girl back.
 wanderbaby
Msg: 7
view profile
History
clingy after seperation?
Posted: 6/20/2009 10:25:37 AM
has she seen/hear the physical/mental abuse from your ex? it still takes time to adjust, and i'm sure even if he's not around her, she still sees him around the house right? you just need to assure her you are there, and perhaps you can play with her and try to space out the distance, and try to distract her with her to play toys. or perhaps catch a ball or tell her to get something for you and praise her when she does. I'm sure it's a mixture of new environment and terrible 2's
 hungry_joe
Msg: 8
view profile
History
clingy after seperation?
Posted: 6/20/2009 11:44:47 AM
Like everyone said normal behavior for a 2 y.o. Please relax, and don't feel gulity. It seems to me you did the right thing. As for the tantrums, the ignore thing didn't work with my son, I would mimic his behavior to show how silly it was, he'd laugh and stop what he was doing. Little girls are clingy anyhow, my sons sister clings to me her teachers whoever she has an attachment. Remember love your childern and everything else has away of working out. Back to my chores the kids are napping lol
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > clingy after seperation?