Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > I hope this isn't redundant      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 really1972
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I hope this isn't redundantPage 1 of 1    
I noticed a lot of women on here have a masters or a phd. I'm wondering if that affects who you look for? I know every one is different and there are a lot of other factors. I'm just asking because online you get to do a little screening. If you have reached that level of education does that lead to a read/ delete when someone who hasn't sends a message? This is not pertaining to my experiences but just a general inquiry.
 zephyrmoon
Msg: 2
I hope this isn't redundant
Posted: 6/20/2009 11:30:50 PM
Hmm. If this is redundant, it isn't to me. I think...

Oops, I don't meet the educational criteria to answer this question.

*slinks away*
 Pitch Blease
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/20/2009 11:36:32 PM
I search a lot of profiles and I've seen a lot of 21 yo female doctors on this site spread eagle on their beds. Coincidence? I think not! A phd is just a click away.
 skyhawk53
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/21/2009 12:15:28 AM
Well Im not a woman nor do I have those sorts of credentials, but generally, thats a question for individual analysis. I dont think you can generalize that becasue everyone is so different. I think some of those women would want a guy with that level of education just becasue they may think that only those men can keep up with them intellectually. On the other hand it may not matter. Its a changing world and many women, I think, want to be independent and have that to feel proud about. But Im not expert.
 some woman
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/21/2009 12:30:14 AM
Those credentials don't mean much to me. I earned a degree quite a long time ago and it didn't make me any more intelligent than I was before. I've known some really dumb people with really fancy letters after their names. There are also a lot of very bright people who just didn't bother with post secondary education for whatever reason. The most intelligent man I've ever known never even graduated from high school.
 AnotherRandomUsername
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/21/2009 12:59:18 AM
I don't have a Masters of PhD but does more than one bachelor's count?

I'm personally big on education FOR myself. I intend to go on and get more tiny initials beside my name... but I don't really look at a guy's education. I look at his writing style. If he's coherent and can group his sentences properly, it says more to me than what he CLAIMS his education to be. Like mentioned, there seem to be a lot of 21 y.o. doctors with PhD's on this thing.

I think once you enter the real world and start interacting with more people than just OTHER university students, you realize that a lot of people have merits and make life work well for them with an $80,000 education or not. It's all about how they carry themselves.
 Rythmn
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 2:07:03 AM
i have a business degree and was an exec and ran a very successful company of my own, 20 consultants, support/admin staff, plus subcontractors. when i was working, i tended to meet more people in my field and thus they had degrees, but not necessarily did it follow that they were smart. my first husband had the same degree, the second an engineer and not as bright as my 140 iq man. however, first hubby was a narcissist. my last SO had some college as does the current man in my life. both in construction. the latter is pretty da-mned smart.

the smartest guy i ever met, only had a high school education. he was too smart for them to rein him in. but, not all men w/o degrees are smart either. he used to revel in all the phd's relying upon him for the answers. i also have a female friend who is called in by stanford researchers all the time to "help them out". she too, never got to her degree. had three babies she was told she could "never" have! she found her own genetic disease when nobody could figure it out!

as to money, that is irrelevant as long as the roof is over his head and he's not looking for a sugar momma! sure it would be easier if he weren't flat broke. however, my last SO was so handy, his services alone could save thousands and thousands per year that i need to spend on a handyman. so, you can contribute value to a live in relationship in more ways than money, when it's a team approach. a second income that is equal, would also be taxed accordingly.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:27:07 AM
I do not have one. Yet. I am now working on my BS. However, I have met some men that do have one (BS, PhD) and they were dumb as shit. A degree does not mean people are anything but able to be educated in some cases. So no, this is not part of the "search".
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > I hope this isn't redundant