Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How much emotional chemistry is needed to continue dating??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluesman777
Msg: 2
How much emotional chemistry is needed to continue dating??Page 1 of 1    
I think you have to trust your instincts, if you believe there may be something there, a connection of some kind, then continuing dating. If you feel no connection or emotion when dating someone, after awhile you probably will realize it and stop dating the person. How long? That depends on the person, I guess...
 2hi-iq-4u
Msg: 3
How much emotional chemistry is needed to continue dating??
Posted: 6/21/2009 9:10:55 PM
I have to agree with bluesman777.

I just take it as it comes. I don't need to overthink something that isn't current. No need for extra drama in my life.
 Lobo_Corazon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 9:17:05 PM
If your needs aren't being met, move on.

If you are wracked with doubt about the relationship, move on. (Unless you have some kind of underlying issue that makes you doubt everything - If that's the case, deal with that before seeking a relationship.)
 sweetest
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 8:09:27 AM
Periodically I receive an email from a man that seems to infer that I'm being too picky. I'm not. I just know that what I'm looking for isn't easy to find..the search being something wrapped up more or less in exploring the potential of emotional chemistry with them.

I once met a man who became significant in my life based on something he wrote. His written word was accompanied by a brief sound byte...his voice had a particular quality to it that charmed me in ways that I've rarely felt. I was utterly compelled to act and did.

Looking back I see that our dating life was aside from being stunningly short, was really a series of phone conversations over a period of about a week and a half----some were rather long conversations-- about 5 hours and others shorter. We actually only had two dates following the calls and before being a couple and immediately living together; our first date lasted till dawn when we said kissed goodbye in a all night diner parking lot at 6:00 a.m., the other a dinner at his home...where at his urging, I simply never left. We were together 5 years.

It was emotional chemistry that pushed this relationship forward as we both clearly wanted and was looking for this in a relationship. It was in fact so strong between us, that the other things just weren't as important. For example our first date, was in essence a blind date...looks not mattering in the way that they had for most of the other blind dates before him because I had already found the emotional connection that I shared with him overwhelmingly attractive.

This, emotional chemistry was actually my priority all along but I suspect that I didn't actually know it at the time...being somewhat fixated with usual barometers of determining an 'ideal match'.

As another poster has indicated in his profile that I read this morning...by the time we met our meeting was 'almost anti-climatic'...that's exactly the way it happened for us...our knowledge and understanding of the other having pushed us into realms where the importance was about realizing just how giddy, elated and at home we felt in each others souls.

miss contemplative...I completely agree with your post.

edit
~~
 sweetest
Msg: 6
view profile
History
 Bruce325
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2009 7:51:39 PM
Was it Emotional Chemistry or was it strictly emotional, that swayed your decision?
We all have a need and depending if the timing is correct will we even take a long enough look at the other person to even decide if the need is there. Chemistry comes later after the first meeting one can usually tell if there is any chance of a second date or not.
As we age other things play into our decision, like conversation and intelligence, which should have been there a lot sooner than later. As we mature, we still look for the spark that hopefully will ignite our souls to burn as one; to this day I believe that.
You can place almost any feeling under the umbrella of Emotional Chemistry, but is that what we all desire or is it as we grow wiser do what we look for in a relationship change?
To this I say that what you felt was pure emotion and not chemistry at all. One cannot fully make a decision that quickly and concise and expect it to last as long as it did.
I hate to bring up that adage that women are more emotional creatures that their counterparts, and this will also bear me out in saying that your decision was purely emotional.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How much emotional chemistry is needed to continue dating??