Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is a 15 year age gap embarrassing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 skyhawk53
Msg: 2
Is a 15 year age gap embarrassing?Page 1 of 1    
I think that all depends on who the guy is and how his family/friends are. Me personally, if I ever had something going with a woman that much older than me and I really cared about her, Id make my family and friends understand or at least accept it. If hes going to see a relationship with you as embarassing, he shouldnt get into it in the first place. No bf/gf should ever feel like an embarassment to their significant other. Its just not right to me.
 a_little_nervous
Msg: 3
Is a 15 year age gap embarrassing?
Posted: 6/22/2009 1:52:36 AM
yes.

I once had a FWB situation with someone when there was a 15 year age gap and had to break it off. I can say without equivocation that it was really embarrassing.

Once, at a cousin's wedding, my family was seated together and one of my aunts walked in and my sister whispered "oh, look, Dave, your FWB made it!" and I was mortified.

And if a guy takes that kind of harassment from his family, you can imagine the kind of stuff I was getting from the gang...

Now I've been making every effort to keep any relationship within a 5 years age gap.
 jmim
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 2:18:15 AM
Not sure in your situation. But in my case, I date hot people. Age isn't a factor unless its under 18. Though I get turned down by older women when they find out how old I am.

But I think in that situation its because the woman doesn't want to look like a cradel robber.
 celts123
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:40:56 AM
At your ages, it's not embarassing. Provided that both people clearly understand the situation. Whether it's just being friends, a FWB / casual relationship, or a serious LTR. I think some people are too concerned about what others may think. That's why some men won't date a fat woman, some women won't date a shorter man, some people won't date an significantly older / younger person etc.
 BBW1988
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/22/2009 9:48:01 AM
i wouldnt date someone who was 15 years older then me but im only 20 so that would be like dating someone my dads age. maybe as i got older age wouldnt matter so much. if your happy with this man then who cares about this age just go for it.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is a 15 year age gap embarrassing?