Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Paying on the first date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Paying on the first date?Page 1 of 1    
I believe EVERY date should be open to the option of dutch treat. If you do not prepare to at least pay for yourself, you should not be going on the date, IMO.
 daveincarson
Msg: 7
Paying on the first date?
Posted: 6/23/2009 7:07:13 AM
I ALWAYS make it a policy to go "dutch" if it is dinner.

That way there are no "expectations".

Most respectable women I have been on dates with (even the rich ones) have gone dutch.
I have a female friend who will not let men buy her drinks. That shows she has self respect.

I have seen way too many women "use" men to buy them drinks in the hopes of getting laid. Some of my female friends in college used to joke about doing that.. lol.. And the were VERY beautiful. (In Honolulu)
 tbuddha
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/23/2009 7:22:20 AM
I'm not into all the feminism crap, so if I don't pay, it's because I think you're worthless and have nothing to offer me.

Other guys have been tricked by feminism and are looking for a "buddy" girlfriend, get all excited when they find her, than can't understand why she leaves him.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/23/2009 7:23:31 AM
Pay?

.... you mean were not doing the "dine and dash?"
 celts123
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/23/2009 8:04:12 AM

Are you looking for a free meal? Do you have self respect ? Always offer to pay. If he insists, then back off and let him pay. But always be ready to cover the bill, if you can't then don't go out.

I agree. Unless a person directly states that they will pay the entire bill, I don't think you should expect another person ( especially a virtual stranger ) to pay for you.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Paying on the first date?