Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > I have a feeling I will end up with a single mom.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I have a feeling I will end up with a single mom.Page 1 of 1    
Do you???

At your age, a pretty good number of single ladies have been married, or not and have kids...

However it depends if your reasoning is what it is, or some other perverse reason that you wouldn't actually post... I mean really it is a reality in this world, and single parents have to see the real motive of why a man wants to be with a single mother...

Not all single mothers are independent, mature, or good mothers, thus that is something you may take into consideration when seeking just single mothers, some really are looking for a daddy and a provider....

Personally I think you would be selling yourself short if you think single mothers have the qualities you have listed... Other wise, meh, it isn't a bad thing to date a single mum for the right reasons, AND be willing to invest your life and energy in loving another mans child...
 wanderbaby
Msg: 3
view profile
History
I have a feeling I will end up with a single mom.
Posted: 6/26/2009 12:28:35 AM
You're not seeling yoruself short if that is your preference. But don't assume that most single moms are independent and mature. There are single women who can be that way too but it also depend on what they are looking for in life and preference.
 carolann0308
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2009 1:03:31 PM
Consider you're keeping your options open and when you meet a nice woman she may havbe a child.
"Selling yourself short"??? Are you trying to cause drama on here?
 jacob8088
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/9/2009 9:16:12 PM
I think your definitely selling yourself short, but if thats the type your attracted to, good luck..
 packagedealx3
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 12:10:17 AM
I think it becomes a problem if you pass up someone that doesn't have children without finding out much of anything about them. You have a child and certainly you can be attracted to the qualities present in most mothers but those qualities are also present in many women who have not yet had children. If you are amenable to more children, only reduce the size of your dating pool based on incompatibility not status or what they are.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > I have a feeling I will end up with a single mom.