Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > If you & the man you were dating were older, would you wait till mar      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ForumFilly
Msg: 4
If you & the man you were dating were older, would you wait till marriage for sex?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I think telling this man that you'd prefer to just be friends due to a differing outlook on intimacy is a great idea. Sexual intimacy is important at any age, but as we get older and the incidences of ED escalates, why wouldn't you want to know if you are compatible before marrying. I would never marry someone with whom I'd not had a satisfying sexual relationship. Great sex isn't all that makes a great marriage, but bad or no sex will sure help destroy one. I also wouldn't be interested in someone who is so controlled by their religion. But then, I'm more spiritual than religious.
 readyornot57
Msg: 20
view profile
History
If you & the man you were dating were older, would you wait till marriage for sex?
Posted: 6/27/2009 3:34:52 PM
Actually, you ARE friends! You relate as friends! You don't have to say anything.....just date him and enjoy.
If he proposes, then you have a decision to make.
And as long as neither of you have talked about not dating others, there is no problem there.
 19justice78
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Would you wait till marriage for sex?
Posted: 6/27/2009 3:36:58 PM
NOOOOOO Way. Whats this guys name I think I've dated him to. LOL Just for the record the last 3 guys I dated had ED problems, two of them was the result of medical issues (high blood pressure/prostate) and the other was just freaken crazy. I'm waiting for quality but that doesn't mean I'm quiting on ever getting it. Good luck on your choice.
 zangie
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2009 3:40:52 PM
I agree with everyone else..it's about compatibility..

But, I wanted to mention..Catholics are Christians too..I'm thinking you meant a protestant faith? Catholicism is just another denomination of Christianity...in fact, it was the first one.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 25
If you & the man you were dating were older, would you wait till marriage for sex?
Posted: 6/29/2009 1:16:46 PM
Well, in my family of birth this would be standard. I think it is for lots of "Christians" -- especially the ones who think they're the *Only* Christians, lol!

My guess is that the religious issue would be the bigger one in the long run. If there is interest and love, ED can be worked around in many wonderful and loving ways. Religious "superiority" on the part of one or the other? Not likely.

Aside from that, it's been so long for him, he may have no idea whether or not he's still functioning, and may be terrified to try.

I'd lay it all on the table: if you are able to talk openly and easily about ALL of it, then maybe. . . .

Good luck!
 readyornot57
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2009 3:57:41 PM
^^^^^^^^^

And we think american women are bossy now!

By the way
I am soooooooooooooohappy there is no drooping banana!

OP, I'll send you five bucks if you ask the guy that and come back to report to us......
PLEEEEZZZEEEE!!!
 zangie
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 10:12:17 PM

For the record....Protestants are Christians too...

Of course they are..I think you misunderstood..the OP said that he was catholic and later converted to Christianity?... I was assuming she meant one of the protestant faiths...I was just pointing out they are all christian, including Catholicism...

Orthodox catholic is still catholic, btw..just a different branch..without the pope..similar in the sense that all Protestant faiths are similar..

After Luther everyone kind of went their own way...my only point was that all the branches split from the original...and any denomination that believes in Christ is Christian...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > If you & the man you were dating were older, would you wait till marriage for sex?