Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Is a world revolution inevitable ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yna6
Msg: 2
Is a world revolution inevitable ? Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hmm...take a look at "American Idol"...now tell me that the technology does NOT exist for "town hall meettings" where people can vote across the state or province for or against various laws.
They got more votes ona friggin game show than what politics does...which shows the low level of peoples thinking. "Politics doesn't concern me...I'm not interested"...yet it affects them evry day of their life! Taxes, what is done with them, gov't aid, war...anything today IS affected by politics...yet we have these idiots running around thinking it has nothing to do with them.
then they wonder "Where is MY freedoms"? You didn't bother standing up for them...and lost them....real simple....now the "civil masters" are in control...and you are paying for it. Enjoy the ride!
 stargazer1000
Msg: 4
Is a world revolution inevitable ?
Posted: 6/28/2009 6:29:13 PM
You had me for a while and then you went off on a tangent. If you're suggesting that you be able to vote on every single little thing that would require a consensus, how long do you think it would be until absolutely nothing got done?

How "involved" do you think people are really inclined to be in the political process? The fact is, you'd get a very few having most of the input and making the lions share of the decisions...the only difference between that and what we have now is we actually elected the few we have making the decisions.

Say goodbye to accountability.

I think it was Winston Churchill who observed that democracy is the worst form of government, except when you compare it to all the others.
 GGarbo
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/28/2009 6:44:27 PM
I think revolution is inevitable but not for the reasons you mention in your post op. I read this ancient chinese dynastic political philosophy that seemed to sum up pretty good (less the religious insertions) why revolution is inevitable. It's due to our human nature and actually has survival benefits.

Humans are happiest when they are free, involved, and building towards something. But an apex is eventually reached in this cycle. Then begins a post-apex cycle where you start to see corruption, increasing gaps between the leadership and the poor, and more stringent laws to maintain control. Once this cycle reaches its apex, there is revolution and we overthrow the powers at be and start over. Through this process our society evolves in a way it could not evolve before because you can't make major change without destruction of the old first.

As discussed in other threads, there are reasons you can't vote on every law and that is you could negatively impact a minority or long term goals due to your own shortcomings and biases. It is important to make informed choices when you are dealing with things which will impact others so have to think beyond your wants.

For example, you may not "like" the welfare system but to remove it would cause other issues that I'm betting you wouldn't like a lot more. It also doesn't address the real issues going on.

People are easily manipulated as it is and the only thing protecting them from themselves are systems of checks and balances. When a system becomes corrupted, it throws off these checks and balances just as bad as if we gave uninformed individuals the right to vote on every topic. We are not all the same and not just in an outward physical appearance. Genetic tests shows that Scandinavian men tend to be more aggressive than Inuit men. Due to this, they will solve their problems differently and without consideration, the way one solves their problems it could cause problems for another.

My personal belief is that you won't see humans do anything to stop the cycle because the cycle has not yet reached that point where they are programmed to act. To act sooner would not allow enough of the bad things to happen that need to in order to facilitate change. I see this as a natural evolution of sorts. The best way to learn is from your mistakes and you need to feel the impact of those mistakes to change. Mistakes in nature can last a very long time until their vulnerabilities get the best of them.

You could probably measure where we are at in this cycle by comparing the levels of corruption and income gaps globally to levels of corruption on a smaller scale prior to revolution. What were the conditions prior to revolution? You will see:
1. The income gap of course
2. Government corruption
3. Poor social systems
4. Control pooling to a certain level in society
5. Lack of resources and opportunity
6. A catalyst to tip the scales of an already vulnerable society. Its when your quality of life gets so bad that there is now nothing left to lose that we are vulnerable to that catalyst. Revolution occurs when the systems need to be rewritten and it won't happen without regime change.

We have a lot of the criteria globally now but not the severity nor the catalyst to tip the scales for revolution. Right now, we are just a society very close to being vulnerable to a catalyst. Due to globalization, its not just one or two countries vulnerable, but all of us. So a global revolution is inevitable at some point if political theory holds true.
 GGarbo
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:05:50 PM
Umm have you seen some of the responses posted in this forum?

That is a strong point stargazer, however can we not deduce that citizens who voted for a certain law are those who have an opinion, and those that do not oppose are just willing to be led by the others which is what happens now.

Don't mistake what people do in cliques with how they vote. Those that are not opposed tend not to vote nor get organized to campaign against an idea they are in support of.

That became glaringly apparent when the majority of the population in the province I live in supported Sunday shopping but those opposed (mostly religious groups) got organized, campaigned against it and ensured people voted on the opposing side. Those who were not opposed just figured it would pass so most never bothered to vote. To oppose it was just silly so it didn't occur that any others but handful of extremists would.

In the end, the government had to overturn the vote because it was not representative of what was good for the province nor its population's actual wants.

Basically, by giving people the power to vote, they wasted a lot of time and money.

Edit: PS, government is often the last to upgrade because its considering fiscally irresponsible to be on the cutting edge of technology. So what business can achieve through technology would be an unrealistic expectation of government.
 JustDukky
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/28/2009 11:07:28 PM
I see a global revolution as being only decades away (probably less). I think we are finally going to see a global society of anarchists, under the jurisdiction of natural law and fundamental justice, cooperating to produce most effectively thru the mechanism of direct democracy.

I don't now yet if the revolution will be peaceful or bloody, but I see it coming...
 scorpiomover
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2009 3:55:30 AM
It's gonna happen. We just never had the technology to vote all that quickly on a range of issues until recently. It's not been all that long that the internet has been in public use, say since 1995. That's only 14 years. You have to give it more time, until it sinks in to people, that they CAN vote via the internet.
 JustDukky
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:00:14 AM

Maybe if you had a world government there would be a world revolution.

We do...and there will be. The common man is awakening and is getting angrier as his eyes open.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:27:36 AM

As for getting anything done, nearly everybody has a mobile phone, an idea for speed would be via a registered mobile number for every voter, and a time period of a month to debate the subject and amend, maybe on forums not too dissimilar to this, then voting for, against, or just abstaining because you don't care, or you have better things to do than decide what laws you will be governed by.

Again, the issue is how often are you going to do a referendum? On every issue? Only the "big" issues? What about those who think a little issue should be a big issue? How about those who can't access the system because of a computer glitch?

Also, consider that voting rates are usually what? 30 or 35 per cent? That mean 65 to 70 per cent of the populace are not disengaged.

What does that do for the idea of "revolution?" Small revolutions on a country-wide scale? Sure. World wide? Doubt it. You have to have unity of intent, unity of purpose and unity of belief.
 JustDukky
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/30/2009 2:37:24 PM

65 to 70 per cent of the populace are not disengaged.

Not yet disengaged, but many are disenchanted; they just haven't yet realized that not voting or spoiling a ballot can be a much stronger vote for change than voting for the (perceived) lesser evil. It should soon dawn on people that the game of partisan politics is no more than a pro wrestling match where the voter gets to vote for the "good guy" & hopes the "bad guy" loses. It has taken awhile, but it's finally dawning on people that the match was scripted and choreographed long before the wrestlers entered the ring.

World wide? Doubt it. You have to have unity of intent, unity of purpose and unity of belief.

Unity of belief: "The government and its corporate arms oppress me with false authority and the unjust confiscation of the fruits of my labour, which is as often as not used against my conscience, my interests and my fellow man."

Unity of purpose: "All men are my brothers and in the absence of evidence to the contrary, should be considered capable and allowed to govern themselves. My obligation to my fellow man in any event, is to be his keeper, not his master and to strive to preserve his rights and freedoms, not to infringe on them."

Unity of intent: "I will stand against any entity, be it human or organizational, that unjustly claims authority over me or my fellow man."

These things, or something synonymous, could be said (and probably will be said) by enough individuals worldwide, under nearly all governments of the world, to start a worldwide revolt against the injustices perpetrated by governments and corporations all over the globe. All that will be required is the courage and determination to reject the false claims of authority made by the "plantation masters" of the world. The moment we realize that the "master" has less right to ownership of the plantation and its slaves than the slaves themselves, the slaves will ignore their master and run the plantation as free men, entitled to the fruits of their labour.

The human society that supercedes the existing governments, will form a government of its own, built on natural law and compassion, wherein all the rights of the individual are paramount and his one obligation will be to love his brothers and sisters all over the world. As John Lennon said...Imagine!
 JustDukky
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/1/2009 7:30:14 AM

Maybe a good starting idea would be to actively reward unselfish-love

The revolution has already begun, but many don't yet see it. Like a job well done, unselfish love is its own reward. It really is true that (and I hate to refer to the bible) if you cast your bread on the waters, it will be returned sevenfold (approximately - I'd say the reward is closer to infinite).

Until we have given unselfishly of ourselves, with no hope of compensation or reward, we can never appreciate what we gain in doing so. However, everyone on this planet has in him the ability to be another Buddha, Jesus, Gandhi, Schweitzer, etc. In fact, we already are; most of us just don't know it yet. More people are waking up every day; soon it will reach critical mass. At that point, the tyrants and oppressors of the world had better watch out; there will be no place for them in the NEW "New World Order." They will be at our mercy and had better hope that we will be as fair and merciful as they should have been.

we work hard until we turn it into butter and walk out of it stronger

That excerpt from your question answers it.

what we currently class as wealth is fake, terminal, finite.

I sincerely hope it won't take the imminent threat of the extinction of the human race to realize that. People have been dumbed down for decades by the masters of society, but they surely can't be that stupid!
 JustDukky
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/2/2009 6:03:00 AM
Too many people are still saying "I'm only one man. What can I do?" The problem is, they think it's a rhetorical question.

Maybe it's time we started trying to answer it, secure in the knowledge that even one man has the power to change the world. All it takes is some courage.

Take my word for it; it will only take a few people to rebuild the world; after all, it only took a few to wreck it.
 JustDukky
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/2/2009 1:28:19 PM
Leading words...Truly Leading.

This is another thing that bothers me; why don't people take charge of themselves and lead, instead of sitting around, looking about hopefully for someone to lead them? Not one of us should be sitting around doing that. Every single one of us should take charge and BE a leader!

We are not a herd of cattle; It's high time we stopped acting like one! Many of us have already walked away from the herd, not because we hate the leader, but because we don't need one and have often seen leaders take the herd off the edge of a cliff. There are many of us that you won't find in the stampede to the slaughterhouse.
 Gmaverick
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2009 2:10:24 PM
I think it is (inevitable ).
I started to pay attention to "politics" at home when I was 8yo. At 13 I realized what you just wrote on you OP.
Since then I traveled all over the world and have seen this situation building steam worldwide. It isn't about "right wings", or "left wings". It's about the vast majority been subjected to the will of a few "elected" individuals (who are supposedly elected to take care of their property and administrate it) being controlled by the "elite".

In fact it started already, you may not be aware of it, because western media puts a "different name" (a more used term is "demonize it") to make people believe it's "something different". But if you go over the recent events taking place over the last couple decades, you'll see what you are talking about starting to take place in some places around the world. It hasn't still reach a point of "clear change". But it can be easily seen every day people involved (taking charge) of the situation with the intention to bring about a real change on the states of affairs on their areas.
 FrogO_Oeyes
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2009 6:21:16 PM

Lets face it, prisons are brimming, kids have totally lost respect, school stabbings are at an all time high

You can probably lay this at the feet of their parents and the schools and governments they influenced to create a "utopian" society without personal responsibility and without discipline. Without either, it is human nature that there will be many who take advantage of the naive or unresponsive remainder.

Humans are not a loving species - no species is. Success as a species requires a degree of selfishness, and in a utopian society, those whose glasses are the deepest shade of pink will be the most taken-advantage of.

It is also human nature to be lazy. Evolution demands that an individual, to be successful, guarantee his own success and that of his offspring, by gaining maximum reward for minimum expense. Why produce what you can take what someone else has produced? Again, this applies to every species. It also applies to voting. The vast majority won't involve themselves in understanding complex issues prior to voting, any more than they apply their brains to issues of science here in the PoF fora [meaning, virtually not-at-all].

We're better off without more ignorant votes, though we could stand for more informed ones.
 jon6357
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/2/2009 7:15:25 PM
Yes it is.

I truly believe the concept of government is evil & immoral. An institution that's historically built & created on force cannot be used for good no matter how the government rationalizes it. Governments since their creation will always have bloodshed on their hands.
 JustDukky
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/3/2009 12:16:44 AM

Humans are not a loving species - no species is.

I'll be the first to admit that our genetic programming is not far removed from monkeys, who spend much of their day hurling feces at each other (not the greatest family heritage). I would contend though, that humans are smart enough to overcome their programming, whether genetic, or societal and finally become a rational species that can save itself from self-destruction.

Success as a species requires a degree of selfishness

Erroneous assumption. There are many species that function altruistically by their very nature.

in a utopian society, those whose glasses are the deepest shade of pink will be the most taken-advantage of.

A utopian society would assume that human nature dictates that less rational/intelligent beings will seek power and hegemony over their fellows and attempt to take an unfair share of resources. At the level of the individual, this can easily be prevented by law and the courts. At the level of nations, it only becomes a matter of assuming some greedy ba$tard will sooner or later try to take power and possibly launch a war of conquest. Consequently, nations (if they still exist) will watch each other for such signs and act as required, though, because the mechanisms of world law would be in place everywhere, I'd say it would be just about impossible for another Hitler to ever take power anywhere. If one ever did, he would probably be dealt with in the same way that existing governments will soon be dealt with. If it is done succesfully once, we will know that it works and can be done again, long before it reaches the point of militarization.

It is also human nature to be lazy

Another erroneous assumption. Laziness is a quality of an overly powerful, decadent society or individual. A utopian society would not have many (if any) "lazy" people.

Why produce what you can take what someone else has produced?

Why "take" anything? It would be given to you if you need it (guaranteed subsistence by right to life). If you wanted say, a big screen TV, that's another matter. Why should you get one instead of your neighbour? After all, we don't have 6 billion of them to give out. Have you worked enough for the necessary credit in your account to obtain one?

The vast majority won't involve themselves in understanding complex issues prior to voting

Who cares? Human rights and the structure of society won't be the stuff voted on. There will only be votes on things like how much to spend on medical care and schools, or whether new roads should be built, etc. If only the people who care turn out to vote, what's the harm? The law of the land will take care of most of the issues we currently vote on and no democracy can vote to change the law (call it a grand constitution that enshrines human rights).

We're better off without more ignorant votes, though we could stand for more informed ones.

I believe that has already been addressed in that a utopian society would stress education for everyone.

Oh yeah...I forgot the best part of Utopia...FREE BOOZE!!
 mayanbeing
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2009 12:32:08 AM
Great thread, good to know that people are awake and informed. Another forum I frequent illustrates how people are protesting and demonstrating to bring attention to the masses about the decline of our world, politics etc. but so many people just don't want to know, safe in their undisturbed havens! I only hope 1984 doesn't become a reality for our grandchildren.

My knowledge is limited, but from my observations, many people are disgruntled but even more are uninterested about where we are headed.
 JustDukky
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/3/2009 12:58:22 AM

I only hope 1984 doesn't become a reality for our grandchildren.

Too late. It's a reality for us now, and we've been living in it since long before 1984. People who don't already know that must have taken the blue pill.
 JustDukky
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/3/2009 2:31:36 PM

which group are you?

Do I have to belong to one? Why can't I just turn my back on the whole NWO business? You realize if we all did that their power would simply evaporate. Without our cooperation (either willing or unwitting) they will have no power at all. All we have to do to beat the NWO is stop listening to their lies & playing their game.
 JustDukky
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/4/2009 8:09:33 AM

All we have to do to beat the NWO is stop listening to their lies & playing their game.

We also have to know who they really are, but that's easy; they are the governments and men behind the governments all over the world, and they are consolidating their power. We'll have to defeat them quickly if we are to avoid a lot of bloodshed.
 jon6357
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/8/2009 8:37:15 PM
It's really a fight against power structures, nothing new in humankind. The only way to win is to take life into your own hands. Powerful people are parasites, they need to feed on a host to stay up there. They're only as powerful as you enable them to be.
 JustDukky
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/8/2009 8:39:41 PM
Powerful people are parasites, they need to feed on a host to stay up there. They're only as powerful as you enable them to be.

Bingo!! You're right on the mark. All we have to do to defeat them is to turn our backs on them and refuse to have any dealings with them.
 membrane
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/8/2009 9:42:11 PM
yes, a revolution is comeing, some can feel it, some know it.... and others.. are oblivious to it... but we have hit pinical point, a cusp as you might say... old ideals conflicting with the new, are mode of life is simply unstastainable... we either change or die... soo its inevatable... some time in the ever nearer future... there is gong to be a massive shift in the human conciousness... wiether is a new light or simply lights off... change is coming
 JustDukky
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/8/2009 11:49:32 PM

personal projections give me a death total of well over 1 trillion without nukes

You realize I hope, that a number that large is at least an order of magnitude (and probably two) greater than the planet could possibly support and even given that the rampant rate of growth could continue (which it couldn't), it represents a population level we wouldn't reach for a hundred years. How did you come to project a figure like that?
 JustDukky
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/9/2009 7:46:08 AM

All it would take is a viable alternative.

That alternative exists (and I'm not talking about the Venus Project)

The only thing I can think of is to jail (or execute) the corrupt.

I used to think so too, until I realized that it probably isn't necessary. They can't take what we don't give them. If we stop giving them the authority to take what we produce, they will lose the ability to take because they will have no power over us.
If they try (as a last ditch attempt to preserve their power) force against us, then we will have the right to defend ourselves, and it could get pretty ugly, but I suspect that it could not be done without an army, and what army wants to shoot its parents, children, brothers and sisters? No, I suspect the army would take the side of the people, which would be the very end of any corrupt regime.

Turning our back on them and not participating is not an option. We'd starve or get killed.

Only if we did it as individuals; if we did it as a complete society, it would simply be a matter of excluding them from participation in our society by the rules of theirs.

I think we can expect another world war if the economic "fix" they put in place doesn't work out and we end up with 50% inflation

We would have had that already if the original plan had gone thru. I suspect it had to be drastically modified to ward off a civil third world war by installing leaders in government who would placate the people with fancy words and a false sense of hope. We have to realize that hope for change lies in our hands, not in the hands of whatever leader we elect in a corrupt & rigged system.

Kennedy was killed because he wanted to print greenbacks & abolish the FED and because he and Khrushchev wanted to end the cold war (which would have ended the "enemy" principle that united both societies against each other to keep the people of both sides fearful of the other side and would (of course) bring the military/industrial gravy train to a screeching halt.)

Kennedy was a member of the elite and turned on it (it had already turned on him) for the sake of the people. Don't think he didn't know what might happen. I'm sure it was a sacrifice he made willingly for all our sakes, which makes him a martyr of humanity and a man of great courage. His death does teach some important lessons though; firstly that the man you vote for isn't really in charge; secondly, that real change will not be top down, but from the bottom up; thirdly that not all members of the elite are filthy grasping thieves & monsters, only powerless as long as we think ourselves helpless and live in despair and without the courage to sacrifice for the sake of humanity.

So lighten up and be of good cheer; not only is peaceful revolution possible, but inevitable. When the time comes, we will find powerful allies turning up all over the place. The current regimes will not end with a bang; they will not end with a whimper; they will simply vanish, to be replaced with a better world. All we have to do realize it's possible and work toward it.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Is a world revolution inevitable ?