Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Paparazzi pics, news or an invasion of privacy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 restless_native
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Paparazzi pics, news or an invasion of privacy?Page 1 of 1    
Your thoughts please.

The only reason that the Paparazzi act in the way that they do is beacuse they know that there are plenty of morons out there who want to look at the pictures which they get paid a few quid for taking.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Paparazzi pics, news or an invasion of privacy?
Posted: 6/29/2009 11:20:49 PM
If the imagery being published has a direct bearing on the person photographed's ability to properly carry out their duties in their specific line of business, then yes... Otherwise no not at all...

I've never been one for being interested in what the rich and famous are up to... I bought my first ever OK magazine after the death of Jade Goody... I bought it in defiance really... So many people disgusted at her determination to ensure her children were financially secure after her death... I heard that a percentage of the OK sales would go directly to her boys, so I bought the mag... I found it pretty boring really and have not bought another one since then...

I struggle to see the obsession with celebrity... I don't really care what cakes were eaten at who's wedding... I'm not bothered who was spotted canoodling with whom at some nightclub I'll never attend... I don't care...

Michael's death has been one of those paparazzi dreams and everywhere you look is saturated with images of MJ in various states of mental and physical collapse... Fair game I suppose, what with his choice of career.. But I am disgusted at the photographing of his children... ALL children should be protected by a global law.. No images to be taken of any of them without the express permission of the person with parental responsibility... MJ went overboard in protecting his children from the limelight, dead less than 72 hours and already greedy grubby little oiks are hawking private photographs of those children in private situations... That should not be allowed... I'm worried about MJ's mother being given custody of the children too, after all she had no qualms in marketing her own child when he was but a baby... Is she really the best person to keep these children protected in the way MJ wanted??

All in all, if OK, Hello and whatever other 'Celeb' magazines folded tomorrow, the world would be a better place.. The paparazzi need to be policed properly and there needs to be stronger deterrents to those publications who choose to print these invasions of privacy..
 Mizanthrope
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/30/2009 12:25:54 AM
Well I have little sympathy for the celebrities since they make their living by being famous. If they don't like it perhaps they should have a different career plan. Oddly enough they will take any money coming their way due to their fame. They will also go out of their way to get the sort of publicity that they want to have, too bad if they don't get to control all of it all of the time. I don't see why everything has to go their way. Personally I don't care what they get up to but clearly lots of people do.

Can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen comes to mind.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2015 6:29:46 AM
Hmmmm - how come the photographers know where to be toe get that nice photo of a celeb with the new toned body / boyfriend on the private beach in the Bahamas? I agree with the post 2 up that fans don't need much info but the reality is the celebs need that exposure.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/6/2015 11:29:53 AM
Very old thread which is still relevant, but, if you live in a glass house etc etc.
If you don't want the money, don't strut you stuff in public
and don't grizzle when you get that publicity - it really is tiresome -
take it on to fvckbook and have a rant = more publicity....
....job done.....

Jo van
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/8/2015 6:21:28 AM
Ah, I remember all those posters, it's when I 'came in'.

I can't seem to post in another thread, so I thought I'd try this one.

If people make their money from media exposure, they should be prepared for 'bad harvests', just like any other field of endeavour.

Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2015 5:27:21 PM
I think pics of the dead and dying is not on really, whether famous or not.....
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Paparazzi pics, news or an invasion of privacy?