Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > KC Area Singles... Friday, August 28th 2009 ~ 8pm @ FunkyTown      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
KC Area Singles... Friday, August 28th 2009 ~ 8pm @ FunkyTownPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Meet & Greet Meetup... Friday, August 28th @ FunkyTown

Photobucket

It's time to get funky once again so we are going to head back out to FunkyTown for another great POF meet & greet event! So make plans now to come out and join us and make some new friends, meet some familiar faces and help celebrate the August birthdays. These events are a great way to celebrate your birthday and you know POFer's are always looking for something to celebrate. Anyone and everyone are always welcome to come out and join in on the fun.

FunkyTown is the best mix in town! You can party with old/young, fat/thin, guys/girls, every combo possible. Fun to go alone or bring a group. The zoo is where you go to watch the animals... FunkyTown is where you go to watch the people. This place is the bomb! Especially, if you like the retro type music of the 70's and 80's. They serve appetizer type food, and it's pretty damn good. The drinks are reasonably priced, and they are not skimpy on the alcohol. You get your monies worth. They have a "Stairway to Heaven" area which is balcony area that over looks the dance floor. The dance floor is huge and has two go-go style cages for you dancers to strut your stuff in. Two bars... lots of bartenders and waitresses. Everyone fits in at FunkyTown. It's a really great place to party. Therefore, start making your plans to come out and join us. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join us to have a few drinks, dance their asses off and partake in lots of laughing. So grab your friends and head on out and join us for some fun. Relax, mingle and make some new friends. No pressure, no expectations.

Important... Must Read Event Details Below!
Time & Location Details :
8 pm to close (1 am)!
FunkyTown
8300 E State Route 350
Kansas City, MO 64133
(816) 737-3865

View Larger Map
You'll end up turning onto Blue Pkwy Drive off of E. 63rd St. and then follow it around to the Funky Town entrance. Use Google Maps to map directions!

Seating: We have 100 seats reserved under the Plenty Of Fish name! The reserved seats are only held until 9pm at which time the signs are picked and anyone can grab them. So come early and help save tables/seats. FunkyTown can only hold 600 people maximum so get there early! Bring cameras if you have them and take lots of pictures, so we can post them and show everyone all the fun, they are missing!

Cost: $6.00 cover charge! Tell the cashier you're with POF and receive $1 of your cover charge. This is a cash only club, no credit cards and no tabs. There is an ATM machine on site if you need cash once inside! FunkyTown cards everyone so don’t forget to bring that ID with you!

Dress Code: No hats except cowboy hats, no jeans with holes in them... you know, the ones with big holes in the knees or on the ass that the women like to wear, you can wear sports shirts/garments as long as there are "no" number's on them, all men's shirts must have sleeves and no gang related attire allowed.

NOTE A: FunkyTown is now a non-smoking club. To accommodate the smokers, FunkyTown has a smoking area. They are opening up the patio doors back by the pool tables to allow the smokers the ability to go outside and smoke as needed.

NOTE B: The doors open at 8pm and the music starts around 9:15pm. The 8pm to 9:15pm time frame is the perfect time for you to meet new people, make new friends and dancing buddies, before it gets wild and crazy.

NOTE C: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind; first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. These events are for the enjoyment of all POF members and their guests. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come, look for tables marked Plenty of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Be yourself and have tons of fun, that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of POF to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE D: EVENT SIGN-UP IS NOT MANDATORY, HENCE POF MEMBERS AND/OR ALL THEIR GUESTS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME, SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

Before FunkyTown Meet & Eat...
Come enjoy a meet and eat at Howl at the Moon before the FunkyTown party gets started. We have been given the opportunity to invite 75 POF friends to come party at Howl at the Moon on August 28th. It begins with Happy Hour, which is from 5 pm-8pm. Between 5-8pm each of the 75 POFers will receive free entry, a free Happy Hour buffet and two drink tickets for $1 each. The only thing that is not included in happy hour is the table reservations. We will have to hold the tables ourselves. Howl at the Moon is located in the Power & Light District. The exact address is 1334 Grand, Kansas City, MO 64106. If you park at 13th and Grand it will cost you $2 (that is the cheapest I have found). To get in on this great meet and eat deal, the first 75 will have to contact 1Tina4u for the information on how to take advantage of this opportunity. Anyone not contacting 1tina4u or if 75 POFers sign up with 1tina4u, they will be subject to the normal cover charge and unfortunately will not be eligible for the extras. For more information about Howl at the Moon the website is: http://www.howlatthemoon.com/locations/location-kansas-city.
After this meet and eat, then everyone can head to FUNKYTOWN to continue the party with some dancing...

People are welcome to discuss this event and post any relevant comments/suggestions and or ideas they may have. Constructive comments are welcome. Bashing, insulting, or slamming the event or other posters will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted ASAP. Thank you.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

1tina4u

chucknkc

dancenightly

geeee-man

GREYWOLF50

hawkeye011

Huddly

I Want to Make You Laugh

kchuggybear

Kcsingle717

lpurpleraine

Mr Gummischuh

onefineman4u

pegluvsflags

skseward

spicedsugar33

tammy2b4u

thingamabawb

truegirl2021

wildcatch

20 people are attending
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 2
KC Area Singles... Friday, August 28th 2009 ~ 8pm @ FunkyTown
Posted: 7/2/2009 6:21:32 PM
FunkyTown isn't the sexiest nightclub in the world and it has a homecoming feel to it. But it is a safe place and well-lit. You can expect '70s and '80s dance music, nothing goth, and an occasional slow dance. "YMCA" and "Car Wash" are requisite (the latter activates actual car wash brushes that spray foam on the dance floor), and a lot of people will do the Electric Slide and other synchronized dances. This is an amusing place to go if you are looking to dance, be silly, and not worry about getting picked up. You don't have to be a good dancer for FunkyTown and it's a good club for people watching. This huge retro nightclub caters to a more retro crowd, with party people ranging from barely 21 to senior citizens. The place is always packed with all sorts, and the people watching is great. This is the kind of place where everyone has fun with no worries about if they are stylish enough. There is a $6 cover charge unless you go on the night's the POF group is there and than the cover is only $5. Drinks are huge and reasonably priced. FunkyTown is also quite the hot locale for bachelorette parties and birthdays.

This isn't your run of the mill nightclub or bar. Come on out and see for yourself. Even if your "not a bar person" or "over the bar scene", I think you'll have a good time and want to come out again... at least think about it.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/10/2009 7:25:10 PM
I have updated the main post to add a pre-FunkyTown meet and eat meet-up. Check out the bottom portion of the main post for detail on the pre-event dinner meet-up.
 1tina4u
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:05:00 PM
Thank you for adding that, Gummi!!! Let me know if any of you are interested in the Howl at the Moon by emailing me and I will give you the details. I hope everyone can make it to both! Howl at the Moon and then ending with some Funkytown dancing!

Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/15/2009 2:27:38 PM
We had a meet-up at FunkyTown last night and we had another great turn out. We had over 100 people attend last night but only 91 took advantage of the discounted cover charge. Start making plans now to make this one . It's always a good time...

FunkyTown was working on the stage for the Halloween skits which they will start performing beginning Sept 4th and perform every weekend through Halloween. I hear it's not the usual Thriller skit they usually do but a new one.
 Huddly
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/16/2009 2:45:28 PM
Sig me up for the pre-event at howl at the moon. Jayne and I will be there for that for sure.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:24:08 PM

Yes, I am coming! Can you believe it..

No , I'll believe it when I see it .
 spicedsugar33
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/18/2009 6:57:31 PM
Singing on the 27th, dancing on the 28th. WoW Life can't get better. I am going to be bouncing off the walls on the 29th
 1tina4u
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/18/2009 9:46:49 PM
I don't know about you but passed out is a definite possibility for me!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/19/2009 4:26:50 PM
How is the Howl At The Moon thing coming along?
 1tina4u
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/19/2009 9:28:07 PM
Only a handful have signed up so I still have plenty of room for more fish!!!!!
 1tina4u
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/23/2009 8:23:31 PM
5 more days until we have so much fun we can't stand it!!!! Howl at the Moon and Funkytown the perfect combination!!!
 pegluvsflags
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 1:56:35 PM
Ric & I plan to get out and do some dancing for sure. It's been a while since we have been out so we are looking forward to it and seeing some friends. Boogie on down.
 skseward
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 7:05:47 PM
Count me in, this will be my first pof event but I'm sure it won't be my last. Count me in on the Howl at the Moon Happy Hour too. See ya all there.....Sheila
 1tina4u
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/26/2009 8:03:24 PM
Great skseward! We will be glad to have you. If you will email me I can give you information on how to get in at Howl at the Moon. Can't wait to meet you!
 1tina4u
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/26/2009 8:05:42 PM
2 more days to Party Time!!!! Still more room at Howl at the Moon!

skseward
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2009 8:27:42 PM
Thanks for your message. I'm actually coming with a friend who has been to several POF events before. I grew up in KC but moved away many years ago. There's way more to do there than Joplin:) I hope I get a chance to meet you.

Sheila
 1tina4u
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/26/2009 8:41:15 PM
I was a little worried about you getting around town but looks like you have that covered!! But I do have detail on how to get you and your friend into Howl to this particular party.

I look forward to meeting you also!

dancenightly
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 5:54:58 AM
looking forward for Peggy & I to get out and see friends,& dance the night away,see you on the floor,getting down
 1tina4u
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/27/2009 6:06:26 PM
Just learned that Howl at the Moon is going to be a full house!! Yeah lots of people to meet!

Then to Funkytown to and some more!!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/27/2009 6:30:01 PM
Were you able to use all 75 spots? How many POF'ers are supposed to join you? I hope you're able to bring all the POF'ers over to FT afterwards...
 1tina4u
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/27/2009 8:03:23 PM
Only about 10 POfer have signed up with me so yes we have more room. Rumor from Howl is that there is going to be another party at the same time. So we will probably be ready to come dance at Funkytown.....and dance by 8pm.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/28/2009 4:38:56 PM
I only do the horizontal boogie .... It isn't to late for those of you sitting at home doing nothing tonight. Come on out and hang out with us. Just hanging out can be a lot of fun . If you're sitting behind a computer reading this, then I'm especially speaking to you . You have nothing to lose and a ton of new friends to make ...
 1tina4u
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/28/2009 11:49:30 PM
Howl was packed with lots of people, the music was good, and the drinks were strong! If enough POFers are interested maybe we could set up an event there with just POFers. Let us know!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > KC Area Singles... Friday, August 28th 2009 ~ 8pm @ FunkyTown