Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > please share your blueberry recipes!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lorelei540
Msg: 1
please share your blueberry recipes!Page 1 of 1    
It's blueberry season here in VA, and over the next couple of weeks I plan to pick about a ton of them to use & freeze for the year. A handful of blueberries right out of the freezer is a great snack!

I'd love to have new blueberry recipes to try out, especially savory ones and ones that make the most of the blueberry's own sweetness rather than burying it in sugar. I just made mango blueberry salsa ... soooo good!

Mango Blueberry Salsa: 2 ripe mangoes, 1 red onion, 1 cucumber or bell pepper, 1 cup blueberries, the hot pepper of your choice, juice of 1/2 lime, salt/pepper to taste. Chop it up, mix it up, eat it up!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 2
view profile
History
please share your blueberry recipes!
Posted: 7/6/2009 1:04:21 PM
the recipe I use most often requires frozen blueberries ... the only kind reasonably priced in California ...

Breakfast Fruit Smoothie: toss a banana, 1 cup of ice and ice water and 2-3 tablespoons of powdered sugar into a blender ... when that's sufficiently blended ... add 6 to 8 oz. of frozen blueberries ... blend ... pour into a tall glass and serve!

I also use other berries, sometimes mixed berries and/or maybe peaches or mangos ... but blueberries are my favorite!

I make Blueberry Cobbler as well ... just mix the frozen blueberries (enuf to almost fill whatever pan you're using!) with powdered sugar to taste and nutmeg ... prepare Bisquick using thick whipping cream, adding sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg ... plop some of the dough into the well-buttered pan ... add the blueberry mixture ... place spoonsful of the dough intermittently over the top ... and bake at about 400 degrees until the top is browned ...

sometimes I'm overzealous in my blueberry amounts ... so I usually bake with a cookie sheet to catch what might drip over ...

NOW what I need is a great recipe for removing blueberry stains from clothing!
 vbxtc
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 9:05:15 PM
A summertime favorite. Also make a great gift...the color in glass bottles is awesome.

Blueberry Liqueur

2 cups blueberries, thaw and drain first if using frozen
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cinammon stick
2 drops lemon extract
1 cup 100-proof vodka
1/2 cup brandy

Place blueberries, lemon extract, cinnamon, vodka and brandy in a clean 1-quart or 1/2 gallon glass (plastic can add a bad taste) container and set aside. Make a simple syrup by bringing sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. When clear, remove from heat and heat let stand until just warm. Pour over blueberry mixture. Seal the container and let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 month. Strain out solids and filter through cheesecloth, or, if you have the patience, coffee filters.
 lorelei540
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/9/2009 5:17:14 PM
Some good stuff here, thanks everyone. Classic chassis, I knew you would come through with some good recipes!
 junipermoon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 4:43:51 AM
when i lived in maine, i learned to make this amazing blueberry glace:

2 1/2 c sugar
2 c water
4 c blueberries
2 c merlot

boil sugar and water until sugar dissolves. set aside
puree blueberries and process until smooth. strain into a large saucepan and discard solids. add the sugar water and merlot, and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 3-4 minutes. cool throughly.

pour mixture into an 8" square baking dish. cover and freeze.

scrape glace with fork. spoon into chmapagne flutes, top with chantilly cream and serve immediately.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 10:05:03 PM
Im simple but I like blueberries in breakfast cerial with milk. I also like blueberry pancakes, mix it with your pancake batter, preferably an organic batter , and topped with real butter and 100 percent pure maple syrup and a glass of milk or coffee if so inclined. And lastly blueberry cobbler. I will have to find the recipe for the cobbler.
 JourneyInLife
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2009 11:24:17 AM
Thank you to one and all who have posted various recipes involving blueberries.

These will be all tried and might make it into my "oh my, you gotta try this" personal cookbook.

Micheal
 mmemphhis
Msg: 8
blueberry recipes
Posted: 5/7/2019 11:43:08 PM
Bvcdm mv ag

.. bujmoov ddasul ov xs
 Jay6598
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2019 8:45:50 PM
Blueberry Raspberry Muffins with streusel - makes 12 - these are great!

Ingredients

Topping
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons walnuts (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
3/4 cup blueberries, fresh
3/4 cup raspberries, fresh

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
To make the topping, in a medium bowl, mix together the topping ingredients until crumbly. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the melted butter. Add the buttermilk and lemon zest and whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just to combine. (Batter will still be somewhat lumpy; do not overmix.) Gently fold in the blueberries and raspberries so the berries do not break open and pour into the prepared muffin tin. Crumble the streusel topping over the muffins and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
Let cool in the tins for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on wire racks.

Lemon Blueberry Pancakes

1-1/2 cup Cake Flour
1 Tablespoon (additional) Cake Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon (heaping) Baking Powder
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1-1/2 cup Evaporated Milk (more If Needed)
1 whole Lemon
1 whole Large Egg
1-1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
Zest From 1 Lemon
1 cup Heaping Blueberries
Extra Butter
Maple Or Pancake Syrup
INSTRUCTIONS
Heat heavy skillet or grill over medium low heat.

In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, mix evaporated milk, juice of 1 lemon (more if lemon isn't very juicy), and lemon zest. Allow to sit for five minutes, then add egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix to combine.

Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Splash in more evaporated milk if mixture is overly thick. Stir in blueberries. Again, check to make sure mixture isn't overly thick.

Melt butter in heated skillet. Drop batter by 1/4 cup measures and fry pancakes on both sides until golden.

Serve with softened butter and warm syrup.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 12:54:07 AM
Blueberry Crisp

Heat oven to 375°

Put 4 cups blueberries in 8 by 8 square baking pan.

Mixed together then sprinkle over blueberries:

2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Bake about 25 - 30 minutes.
 cooldog65
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 9:26:32 AM
^^^ I'm a blueberry fanatic! Sounds delicious...

Bvcdm mv ag

.. bujmoov ddasul ov xs

Not sure about this recipe...
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > please share your blueberry recipes!