Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Getting stuff back from an ex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 varinia
Msg: 6
Getting stuff back from an exPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"Do I buy myself a new shirt so I have enough clothes to get through the week"

you obviously made it through the week without the shirt when you were dating her.

So, this looks just like either you looking for a reason to be in touch with her or to give her a hard time.

Let it go!
 CEO of Hoagie Inc.
Msg: 12
Getting stuff back from an ex
Posted: 7/5/2009 9:32:37 PM
First off if you own so little clothes that giving one away keeps you from having enough to make it through the week, you were dumb for giving it to her. Next time just use one of her towels to wipe the sweat from your a$$ that should suffice.
 CrimsonRealityXRS
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/5/2009 9:34:41 PM
That shirt still isn't worth the drama and hassle you'd have to go through to get that shirt. I'd just leave it and move on.
 softy63
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/5/2009 10:07:06 PM

This is the funniest thing i've read in ages. Thanks for the entertainment OP.

There's more to life than wanting a shirt back. She probably spewed on it anyway. LOL
 TheModernPagan
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Ok kid...
Posted: 7/5/2009 11:35:55 PM
If this is not some cry for attention I dont know what is.. Your an ass move on
 TitusBreast
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/6/2009 5:51:18 AM
I think you just desire another confrontation. I'm a pacifist, myself, and if you have to ask for it back, the chances are good that you won't get it back...or anything else. The old 'so-and-so has some of my sh1t ploy' is just an excuse to see if they're still part of The Lonely Hearts Club, and let's do it once more for old times' sake...you'll find a new babe far more exciting than beating on a dead horse. Good luck, and good lovin'! Love, Titus
 Commonsens
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/6/2009 6:03:36 AM
Op: Are you THAT cheap, greedy, materialistic?!?!?! Or are you using this to keep some form of the bridge alive between you and your, now EX, Girlfriend? (which is the REAL reason)

Because of the Principes?! Do not make me laugh! (sorry you already did); You simply lowered yourself by doing so; be bigger then that! have some shoulders!

Having it back or even the money will maybe make you win the petty battle of ego, but will make you lose the war of the better person.

Forget the T-shirt, Forget the Girl, move on, have a life and go buy yourself another T-shirt and some man pants.
 tam879
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 10:00:31 AM
So, you left a shirt at your g/f? I`m sure you can buy another in a week or 2. I left my 500.00 dollar bike at my ex-g/f because I use to stay with her on weekends and we rode a lot. I forgot it there and wanted it back but because I cared for her alot I just let it be. I gave her a leather chair and ottoman worth over $500.oo because after she had an operation I wanted to show that I cared for her. I have let it all go. I still think of her after over a year and a half. So, don`t be so, petty.
 no_excuses_please
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/9/2009 7:17:54 AM
It's a SHIRT.
Unless it was made of gold and precious gems..why do you care about it?

Unless you are looking for a reason to keep things going w/ her,screw the shirt and move on.
Unless ,of course,you ARE trying to keep things going w/ her.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2009 7:24:54 AM
It's a shirt, get over it and buy a new one yourself. You could choose to see it as an aggravation or a compliment that she apparently wants to keep your shirt.
 OneWhiteLotus
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/9/2009 10:09:50 AM

So now lets see what you could be entitled to if for some reason you had any grounds at all for restitution in this matter.

You crack me up Rock Man!

OP, sorry to hear about your beloved shirt, and the financial strain that it will take for you to replace it...however, in the time you have spent on this post, and mourning this shirt, you could have earned yourself enough money to buy a few more down at your local thrift shop.

It also appears that if this is the extent of your biggest problem right now...you must be leading a pretty sheltered, and blessed life.

Chin up, and move on. Geesh.
 radikal1
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/9/2009 10:49:55 AM
Call her up and tell her flat out, "Look you got my shirt. I'm coming to get it. You don't have it, then I'm coming to get you. Either way I'm bringing something back. You, the shirt, or you in the shirt it all works for me."

-Nate
 Luciana9
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/10/2009 4:17:11 AM
Overall, let it go and be done with her. She's just trying to be a ****. If it was a $200 Armani shirt and your favorite, send a demand for return of property letter to her certified, then an intent to file suit, and if she doesn't return it, take her to small claims court. (always keep your receipts .... if you don't have one or can't prove you bought it, you'll be at a big disadvantage)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Getting stuff back from an ex