Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Thinking Spain, Greece, and Thailand... Suggestions?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hiep
Msg: 2
Thinking Spain, Greece, and Thailand... Suggestions?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Thailand and Vietnam. thats what i did. left my job to do the same thing. dont be a drone. take a break. i took off 8 months :) Spain is fun also though
 Peripatetic1
Msg: 5
Thinking Spain, Greece, and Thailand... Suggestions?
Posted: 8/9/2009 10:36:11 AM
Definitely Thailand, followed by Spain and Greece is a last option. Although the Greek Isles are gorgeous, a lot of the mainland travel is far over-rated in Greece and the Greeks were among the rudest people I've encountered anywhere in the world (that is not all encompassing of course, in order to be fair to those who are not!)... and in contrast, the Thais (and Cambodians and Laotians) are among the sweetest people I've encountered anywhere in the world!

Happy travels!
Tiffany
 Teach11
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/23/2009 8:50:37 AM
TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without a doubt.
 Peripatetic1
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/4/2009 5:46:14 AM
Depends on your objective! They are all uniquely different places. Other relevant points you might consider is your travel time frame. It's still a wonderful time, although hot in Spain (at least in the cities that have always appealed to me in the Andalusia region... and Seville is my favorite city, it's still quite hot!) Things will be winding down soon in Greece. If your idea of a great escape is sailing the Greek Isles, that probably still works. Thailand is in their monsoon summer period and the weather is not optimal. Of the three Thailand is my favorite, but the optimal time for Thailand to experience it at its best is December through late February, early March, and if you're planning island visits, the weather pattern is different on the east coast than it is the west... Thailand gets my vote for another reason, dollar value. The dollar is worth much more against the baht than it is the euro by far and the over all cost of things in Thailand versus Europe, you will get a lot more bang for your buck in Thailand. If you're comparing the local people... Of all the places I've traveled, the people in Thailand (along with Cambodians) are the sweetest people in the world. By constrast, I've never seen more rude people in one place than I did in Athens.
Whatever your choice, safe travels and enjoy! Tiffany
 dadogandme
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/9/2009 5:45:21 PM
Been to greece and been to different parts of spain(canary inslands one of them). Went insland hopping at bottom of greece(porros island one of them) greece by far, pretty place
 HotCocoa87
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/9/2009 7:57:48 PM
Go to Germany. It's not so warm but very . . . green. The people also make an effort to speak to you in English. Their hotels are great and affordable as well.
 djc02359
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 5:57:31 AM
Visit Croatia!! I spent a week there last summer. Walk the city wall in Dubrovnik at sunset. I'd love to go back and island hop- so if you need a trvel partner- just let me know!
 Anthony USA
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/13/2010 6:30:45 PM
Thailand...LOS( Land of Smiles)

Warm to hot weather, fine beaches, awesome food, the woman there are as sweet as candy and very approachable. I have been fortunate enough to have traveled to Thailand and the Philippines the last 5 years.

If any of you guys out there want to know more, please...by all means , contact me. I am trying to get a gang of men to go and enjoy the man's Disneyland. It is so awesome, the beaches, ladies, food, golf, diving.

It just makes you re-think and want to re-tool your heart.

Tony in Stockton
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Thinking Spain, Greece, and Thailand... Suggestions?