Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > I think I screwed up...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 heterotic
Msg: 2
I think I screwed up...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)

I tell the guy roughly where my house is, and then one day he calls and knows I'm sitting on my front porch and what color shirt I'm wearing. Another time he calls and knows the car and people outside my house.

I've lived in towns and cities, and no matter where you are this is not normal.

You should never describe where you live to someone you've not been able to meet and get to know. Even then, with kids, be wary.

I've been stalked, and this is how it began both times. I had to change my number both times, and we had to move the second time. I was only 15 the first time, 17 the second.
 heterotic
Msg: 4
I think I screwed up...
Posted: 7/9/2009 11:14:02 PM

He's actually the football coach at my kid's school. No way this guy was stalking, it's just a small town and he was just being friendly. I definitely took it wrong.

Just be careful.

I don't think that describing what you are wearing while you are sitting on your porch is friendly at all. Sounds like the beginning of a scary movie.
 wanderbaby
Msg: 5
view profile
History
I think I screwed up...
Posted: 7/10/2009 1:06:32 AM
I don't care if it's a small town, it's stalkish. It 's creepy to have him call and say oh by the way you have such and such over and you're wearing this type of shirt. I don't care how bored a person may be in a small town, there's still entertainment out there, online somewhere to talk about than talking about one's comings and goings. I would just keep your distance, it's not just yourself you have to worry about, he may ask info from your child.
 kickingfate
Msg: 6
I think I screwed up...
Posted: 7/10/2009 4:10:14 AM
and then one day he calls and knows I'm sitting on my front porch and what color shirt I'm wearing. Another time he calls and knows the car and people outside my house.

Sorry , but these two lines threw up a HUGE red flag for me personally. This spells Just utterly creepy. Sorry , But small town or not the only way he's gonna know what your wearing and that your sitting on your front porch is if he was watching you...If he lived a few doors down and could see you from his window then ok,,,but if not .

Personally, football coach at a highschool or not, doesn't mean he doesn't have a few screws loose. Just be cautious.

never, never , never give away your location of your home until you have met at least once in public and have got a sense of this persons personality. Especially if you have kids at home.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 7
view profile
History
I think I screwed up...
Posted: 7/10/2009 6:15:25 AM
So now every on in the small town who knows the football coach, now knows he is interested in you, or at least he might have been. When word gets out that coach might be a stalker (just takes one student to read this and put two and two together). I think the word might get out. Since you meet him from this site think he might be reading this too?
 freetime2bme
Msg: 13
view profile
History
I think I screwed up...
Posted: 7/10/2009 7:53:30 AM
The above poster got it right the footbaal coach is known by everyone in a town like: Mifflinville is a census-designated place (CDP) in Columbia County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,213 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Bloomsburg–Berwick Micropolitan Statistical Area.
You can also bet in a town this small it only takes one person to read what you have put down for every one to hear about it. If you like small town drama your starting a good thread to get some.
 expat57
Msg: 15
view profile
History
I think I screwed up...
Posted: 7/10/2009 8:21:09 AM
Not saying your particular guy is a creep .. but 'in general', for the masses reading along .. Football Coach, or not. An apparently 'Very Sweet Guy', or not. People aren't always who they appear to be. If you've decided his intention felt endearing, like he happened to see you out and about and wanted to tell you so as part of the 'getting to know each other, I'm interested in you' process, cool! If it continues to feel creepy, it likely is ... small-town or not. Big city girls learn the value of street smarts in a way that small-town girls may never need to learn. Trust your instincts. Creeps live in small-towns too.
 wanderbaby
Msg: 18
view profile
History
I think I screwed up...
Posted: 7/10/2009 11:20:03 AM
I think you're worrying over nothing, he probably doesn't check the forums, much less single parents nor with other people in town. if anything if he reads this, he needs to respect someone's privacy.
 wanderbaby
Msg: 19
view profile
History
I think I screwed up...
Posted: 7/10/2009 12:30:35 PM
lol i meant in real life. But perhaps he tried to say it in a way that she caught his attention and he wants her to k now it.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > I think I screwed up...